Archived Target to remove Gender Based Labeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but this is a good move regardless. It's time to stop putting people into little boxes based on society's arbitrary gender stereotypes. Boys can like pink and girls can like blue. It's 2015 and I applaud this.

I was just wondering where this came from. It seems so random!

When I was separating toys transition into carts to efficiently push it out, a back room tm came and said for me to put girls into one. I already was doing this, but I couldn't help but telling this old lady that hey what if little boys or grown men wanted to play with these Barbie dolls? It doesn't seem right to label this as a girls only product! Lol

Clothing will come soon, too. I buy some women's button ups because they both fit and look better. I stumbled upon this as a mistake, originally.

Sure, but this is a good move regardless. It's time to stop putting people into little boxes based on society's arbitrary gender stereotypes. Boys can like pink and girls can like blue. It's 2015 and I applaud this.

there is way bigger issues but this is more likely to get Target way more positive press. it is if real a publicity ploy

There are a number of websites that have commented in the past about the Girls Building Sets signs and are now giving Spot props for changing their policy.

http://www.themarysue.com/target-gender-netural-toy-aisles-childrens-sections/

There are changes to the Toy section every year so this isn't costing anything extra, it's just a different approach.
I'm all for the idea myself.

Is it wrong I commented on that article because they used the Australian Target logo instead of the US? :p

But otherwise good move. My sis bought my nephew a pink Circo microwave one time. My bro-in-law hated it. haha

Clothing will come soon, too. I buy some women's button ups because they both fit and look better. I stumbled upon this as a mistake, originally.

They said that they weren't doing clothes

Is it wrong I commented on that article because they used the Australian Target logo instead of the US? :p

But otherwise good move. My sis bought my nephew a pink Circo microwave one time. My bro-in-law hated it. haha

Not wrong at all.

Seriously OCD but not wrong.

I don't get the issue. Did people really have a problem with them separating boys and girls bedding?

So a few weeks ago I overheard a mom talking to her son.

"Are you sure you want this one? The grey one us so much cooler"

I look over and see her holding a purple water bottle.

The son says " This is the one I like."

Mom goes on and on about how cool the grey one was ignoreing the fact that her son liked the purple one.

People are conditioned that some things are for girls and some things are for boys. The more we get aay from this the better life will be for everyone.

This was not a hard thing for Target to implement. The backer paper in toys went to the pets wood color and the boys and girls bedding signs came down.

A small change that can make a big difference.

All I'm saying is that the My Little Pony may not be on the pink aisle anymore but if Billy's dad thinks My Little Pony is for girls, then Billy's not getting that toy.

This does nothing.
I tend to agree. If I'm looking for a toy for a girl, then I'd like a whole aisle if girl toys to choose from. If said girl wants a 'boy toy' I would go look for it in the 'boy' section. Just my opinion, but I see this confusing a lot of guests.

I thought they were still leaving stuff separated (because even if you dont call it girl toy, dolls and action figures are different) but they're not using those silly pink wall things and labels that say girls blocks or whatever the fuck. When I was younger, the bs Lego friends didn't even exist and no one referred to them as being for boys... And I never felt like I was crazy because I had not pink legos. Also Lego friends is absolutely horrible. There's no room for building and creativity at all.

My little brother had a pink easy bake oven, I know boys who've played with the Fisher Price kitchens and cleaning sets (they used to look more normal) and I had the kitchen set and the Fisher Price tool thingy.

Edits because I pushed reply too soon. Womp.

This is an epic fail. Put aside the politics of it and just think of how frustrating this will be for guests. They will be bugging sales floor team members even more. Guests want to be able to find things that they want to buy with ease. This just makes it more difficult for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back