Archived Target violated federal law according to the NLRB notice on eHR that no one saw...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly want to start wearing union buttons now. If only so other team members will start asking about them.

Reactions: nib
we had to watch that video years ago because some store on the east coast had unions talking to tms it was crazy. my hand book is so old from 2003 that i dont think anything is the same anymore. thought one could try to use it if they were ever called to the office

we had to watch that video years ago because some store on the east coast had unions talking to tms it was crazy. my hand book is so old from 2003 that i dont think anything is the same anymore. thought one could try to use it if they were ever called to the office

They are supposed to give everyone new handbooks with updated info.
I know they did last year.

I've been working for SPOT for three years and I have only seen one handbook passed out.

Hm. Interesting. I'd love to see if they hand out a revised TM handbook -- they did last January with a few insignificant revisions. As a matter of fact, the revisions from last year were so trivial I don't even recall what they were for. Dress code and something else?

I'll wait with baited breath...haha.

WHO DID IT.

SOMEONE AT MY STORE TAPED THE PAPER WITH THE LABOR STUFF ON THE BREAK ROOM TABLES.

ETL-HR ordered pizza for us all today (I don't know why, probably because we're inventory prepping and she wants us all in a good mood. I don't care, it's food.) and she was in the break room and she HAD to have seen them and I guess didn't care.

Feds Ready To Make It Easier For Workers To Unionize!

After a judge struck down an earlier version in 2012, federal officials announced Wednesday that they will re-introduce a set of rules that streamline the labor union election process, likely making it easier for U.S. workers to join a union or decertify one. ... Overall, the rules would shorten the amount of time that employers have to stall elections or otherwise dissuade workers from unionizing. The Chamber of Commerce argues that employers wouldn't have enough time to make their case to employees.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/05/union-election-rules_n_4726555.html

If the Chamber of Congress is against it, I'm all for it.
Be nice to see the workers have a little bit of an advantage for a change.

Feds Ready To Make It Easier For Workers To Unionize!

After a judge struck down an earlier version in 2012, federal officials announced Wednesday that they will re-introduce a set of rules that streamline the labor union election process, likely making it easier for U.S. workers to join a union or decertify one. ... Overall, the rules would shorten the amount of time that employers have to stall elections or otherwise dissuade workers from unionizing. The Chamber of Commerce argues that employers wouldn't have enough time to make their case to employees.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/05/union-election-rules_n_4726555.html

If the Chamber of Congress is against it, I'm all for it.
Be nice to see the workers have a little bit of an advantage for a change.

Yes!!!!

District HR came to our store today. They had all the TLs in a meeting for an hour and a half. The little bit I was able to extract from the TLs is that is was mostly about fourth quarter stuff and store morale. The district HR lady then went around asking random team members about their jobs and how they liked working for Target. Then she asked what she could do to improve the store. A friend of mine made a good point by saying that maybe should should stop by the store more than once every three years.

Funny how it just happened to coincide with all those notices popping up in the TLO and the break room. There were a couple that went up today and they disappeared almost as quickly as they were posted. The STL is on his game. Except for the fact that one of the notices managed to go unnoticed (HA!) underneath the spot where the schedules are posted. How they missed that one, I'll never know. But, maybe if they didn't see it, I should make it more noticeable...:cool:

The shadiest thing about this is that it is dated 1/8/2014 and not only am I just now seeing this notice, but it was never mentioned to any team members at our store and we were never told about a "revised" team member handbook. The fact that it was posted on eHR - instead of being printed out and posted near the time clock or on the compliance board where all that OSHA, wage, and other *relevant* info is posted - makes me think that Target knows that most people don't use eHR often enough (or ever) to have noticed. Even I am on there at least a couple times a week and I didn't see it until yesterday. Although, it is possible that it was only just posted. Still, even if that is the case, I have yet to hear anything about it from any of the ETLs during huddle or otherwise.

Target is also suppose to publicly post the notice in a common area for ALL to see. IT IS FEDERAL LAW!:cool:

I'll address many of the comments, one, there are cameras absolutely everywhere in the store, don't hope or assume one isn't in your breakroom or the bathroom or anywhere. The employee handbook (which is available thru hr and on e hr) explains that Target basically is all powerful and has all the rights, employees have hardly any (which is the purpose of unionizing). That said, since it's our legal right to have the union info posted, you don't even need worry about whether there is a camera near the timeclock or not, you have the right to post it.

Update: The ETL-HR has ramped up her "walking chat sessions" significantly this past month. Also, during morning huddles, she's started encouraging us to come to her with suggestions for improvements to the store or with any type of feedback the team members might have. Part of the reason for this sudden interest in our opinions is, of course, due to the upcoming Best Team Survey. They've always tried to "prep" the team members to make the "right" choices on the survey in the past. The only difference here is that it has started more than a month early.

We've also had another visit from corporate HR. That day, the STL told the ETL-HR on the walkie to meet him in the team lead office to "do a sweep that way there are no surprises when she gets here". Obviously they were talking about the NLRB notices that had been showing up at random. Needless to say, some of the notices appeared in the TLO, in plain view, just at the HR rep was about to leave. The notices disappeared and the rep ended up staying for another hour. That same week, team leads were called into the ETL-HR office on an individual basis to remind them of how to deal with team members trying to organize a union. This was in addition to the hour-and-a-half-long mandatory meeting with corporate HR they had already previously held.

On Monday, some of the notices popped up in the table talkers and next to the eHR kiosks in the break room. They lasted all day before the ETLs had lunch around 1 and had them removed promptly. On top of that, the ETL-HR went into the TLO just last week and asked if anyone would mind if she removes the dry erase boards from the TLO. They're not a new addition. They've been on the walls for years. But she said she didn't think they were used very often anyway (they are) and they aren't Target Brand (is that even true?). Meanwhile, just days before she made that decision, she put a small dry erase board on her office door with the store's "hiring needs" written on it. It's still there today. So, dry erase board on her office door = OK. Dry erase board in TLO, which has recently been repurposed as a posting area for the NLRB notices = NOT OK. Coincidence?

I wanted to kill the trainer when she tried to brainwash me into Target's mold that "all unions are bad, fear them"!

I'm tempted to put one of these up in our break room too. Everyone has the right to know. Too bad the labor board doesn't know that Target is not displaying them. Imagine if this was leaked, just after the credit breach > : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back