Archived Target Wallet and Giftcards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that it is taking Target so darn long to figure out how to have guests be able to use their gift cards and their redcards....and what is it that is different from the TM wallet app and the regular guest app to cause so much trouble?

Yeah corporate, what's the hold up here?

I can't believe that it is taking Target so darn long to figure out how to have guests be able to use their gift cards and their redcards....and what is it that is different from the TM wallet app and the regular guest app to cause so much trouble?
I mean, a few months ago the thought of a single barcode to do everything was ludicrous. Give it time while they work out the bugs. If they pushed it out too fast and it didn't work properly, everyone would be complaining just as much.

How do you set it up to use your GCs for payment as a TM? I have my GCs added so I can scan on the app instead of holding on to physical cards, but it doesn’t automatically use those like redcard payments.

note: you CANNOT do GiftCards and Wallet at SCO under any circumstances whatsoever right now. it simply doesn't work, no matter what you do. update is on the way at some point, though.
Learned this the hard way too?

This is the product of terrible and outsourced programming.

OK.....guest has cartwheel (no offers)....uses gift card.....tries to pay using the barcode in wallet......DOESN'T work.......
guest only has redcard # with cartwheel.......no redcard present.
How can the guest use their redcard to finish off the transaction?????

I tried everything......even when the prompt comes and asks if the guest is paying another way.........did the giftcards......won't allow payment when you scan the wallet barcode. (as it is still attached to cartwheel)

Finally, I went back to payment...voided all payments.....cleared the "how are you going to pay?".....gave guest a manual discount.....THEN giftcards....then guest used a credit card because that was the only option.

Is there some other way to get the wallet/cartwheel apart so the guest can use their redcard???????

If this can't be done, does corporate know about the issue so they can work to fix it.....or do I send up the information through the "let us know" part of workbench??

OK.....guest has cartwheel (no offers)....uses gift card.....tries to pay using the barcode in wallet......DOESN'T work.......
guest only has redcard # with cartwheel.......no redcard present.
How can the guest use their redcard to finish off the transaction?????

I tried everything......even when the prompt comes and asks if the guest is paying another way.........did the giftcards......won't allow payment when you scan the wallet barcode. (as it is still attached to cartwheel)

Finally, I went back to payment...voided all payments.....cleared the "how are you going to pay?".....gave guest a manual discount.....THEN giftcards....then guest used a credit card because that was the only option.

Is there some other way to get the wallet/cartwheel apart so the guest can use their redcard???????

If this can't be done, does corporate know about the issue so they can work to fix it.....or do I send up the information through the "let us know" part of workbench??

We just got communication about this the other day. Instead of scanning cartwheel before total, you can now total the transaction and use gift cards first, then you should be able to scan cartwheel on the total screen to pay with redcard, I don't know if this works yet or not because I've not had a guest try to pay that way yet. This is said to only work at regular checklanes. Will not work at SCO.

I re-rang the entire order in order to get the cartwheel stuff off the transaction.
I did use the gift cards......tried to scan the cartwheel barcode and it wouldn't work. Kept getting a red screen with a message, but I don't remember the message.
I did have my light on to call for help.....but the person who came over didn't know hoe (if possible) to fix this unless the guest could put the redcard number in manually....again...can't work if redcard number isn't available.

Maybe there is a update in progress......and perhaps not all stores have it?

I re-rang the entire order in order to get the cartwheel stuff off the transaction.
I did use the gift cards......tried to scan the cartwheel barcode and it wouldn't work. Kept getting a red screen with a message, but I don't remember the message.
I did have my light on to call for help.....but the person who came over didn't know hoe (if possible) to fix this unless the guest could put the redcard number in manually....again...can't work if redcard number isn't available.

Maybe there is a update in progress......and perhaps not all stores have it?

Could be. But again, I haven't had to try it that way yet so I'm not 100% sure. I'll look into it in more detail when I work again.

Per the walk through on BR a couple of weeks ago. This worked for me the one time I tried. Do not scan Cartwheel until you press total. Don't take the gift cards before you scan cart wheel with Wallet Redcard. The system will know since you scanned after total that you want to use an alternate payment along with the wallet RC. It will prompt you something like do you have multiple payment types? You say yes as long as you have more gift cards to scan. After scanning the last giftcard say NO and it will know to put the rest on the wallet RedCard. I often scan cartwheel early just to get it out of the way. If you have done this its too late as you can't remove cartwheel.

Ive noticed the screen at FA and SB when you scan it before total it asks if you have multiple forms of payment. K1 Yes K3 No i think it is, anyhow if you hit yes we scan the giftcards and it seems to work fine. Front lanes/gs/electronics work as mentioned above ^ total then scan, then K1, then giftcards.

Ive noticed the screen at FA and SB when you scan it before total it asks if you have multiple forms of payment. K1 Yes K3 No i think it is, anyhow if you hit yes we scan the giftcards and it seems to work fine. Front lanes/gs/electronics work as mentioned above ^ total then scan, then K1, then giftcards.

Yes, I had this and did the two giftcards. However, when I scanned the cartwheel barcode it wouldn't work.
Hopefully, this issue won't ever happen again.........so, when it does, I hope it works next time!!

Yes, I had this and did the two giftcards. However, when I scanned the cartwheel barcode it wouldn't work.
Hopefully, this issue won't ever happen again.........so, when it does, I hope it works next time!!
pelli-- order should be

Total
Cartwheel/Wallet
K1 Yes
Gift cards

not GCs first

Ohhhh.....now I see the problem!
Thanks for the correct order!

Theoretically yes however I would just tell the guest to use their normal red card.

They didn’t have it with them...hypothetically. Here’s what happened. Guest had formula rebate check. We process it then scan her Wallet after. It gives the big warning to scan Wallet first and voids the payment. I ask LOD what to do bc I am at a loss. We decide to do a price adjustment since guest didn’t have their Redcard, and the rebate check was already endorsed at POS. After all that it asks if guest has multiple payments...

The thing is I can’t recall when I scanned Wallet the second time, before or after total.

Why so so complicated? Just let us apply secondary payments then scan Wallet. Easy peasy.

They didn’t have it with them...hypothetically. Here’s what happened. Guest had formula rebate check. We process it then scan her Wallet after. It gives the big warning to scan Wallet first and voids the payment. I ask LOD what to do bc I am at a loss. We decide to do a price adjustment since guest didn’t have their Redcard, and the rebate check was already endorsed at POS. After all that it asks if guest has multiple payments...

The thing is I can’t recall when I scanned Wallet the second time, before or after total.

Why so so complicated? Just let us apply secondary payments then scan Wallet. Easy peasy.
It gets confused because it doesn't know how to handle cartwheel after it's partially been paid for. you would've had to do it after you hit total bc if you scan before total it doesn't ask for multiple payments.

when you do rebate checks ask if they have any other coupons or wallet. i've had to go back because coupons were missed.

ALSO, for the future: as a last resort just run the rebate check again. POS doesn't care. (obviously don't accept a rebate check that's already been endorsed if it wasn't you who did it just then)

Praise God!!!!
We can finally ring out giftcards with Cartwheel AND the attached RedCard!!!!!!!!!
I was beginning to wonder if this would ever happen......so glad that it did!!

I know this isn’t the same thing, but when I look at my TM number in Wallet, it has a padlock next to it. I bought something with Wallet and it didn’t take the TM discount. Anyone know why? It took the redcard and cartwheel but the TM discount was not on the receipt.

Praise God!!!!
We can finally ring out giftcards with Cartwheel AND the attached RedCard!!!!!!!!!
I was beginning to wonder if this would ever happen......so glad that it did!!

So much easier now. Just make sure they added the gift cards to the payment, not just to the app. They have to do an extra step to confirm they want to use it.

I know this isn’t the same thing, but when I look at my TM number in Wallet, it has a padlock next to it. I bought something with Wallet and it didn’t take the TM discount. Anyone know why? It took the redcard and cartwheel but the TM discount was not on the receipt.

Dude same thing is happening to me I can’t fix it.

You guys try logging out then back in again? or closing the app out of recents and reopening, then it might prompt your password and/or fingerprint again? It's happened to me and a few tms I was checking out and those things seemed to fix it. I think the padlock is always there, but when it's not working that tile will look dimmer than the other stuff on the page.

Idk, the app works most of the time for me, but I feel like they're trying to find a balance between keeping it secure and not being super annoying and it's causing some bugs.

You guys try logging out then back in again? or closing the app out of recents and reopening, then it might prompt your password and/or fingerprint again? It's happened to me and a few tms I was checking out and those things seemed to fix it. I think the padlock is always there, but when it's not working that tile will look dimmer than the other stuff on the page.

Idk, the app works most of the time for me, but I feel like they're trying to find a balance between keeping it secure and not being super annoying and it's causing some bugs.
It was kind of dimmer yesterday, but it's a lot more bold looking now. I just added in all that stuff yesterday, so maybe it needed to verify or something?

It’s Target’s shady way of saying you’re fired.

Check to make sure you are logged in to the wallet. Sometimes the wallet logs you out even though you are logged in the app. Just my thoughts...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back