Archived Target WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it work then?

bab2e6c3.gif

Our wifi was installed as well but not yet turned on. A vendor came in to install it so probably the same company that does all of our network stuff, like when they installed the networking for the new printers. They are going to do a launch of Wifi so they won't turn it on until most, or all, of the stores have it installed.

Got ours a couple days ago =].

We've also got a few of those damn mobile POS dealios and so far they've just been pushed up against a wall and never touched again. Rad.

A TM buddy at a sister store just got their wi-fi.
She works FA & says they have guests that buy a drink & sit for HRS looking at their laptops.
What a waste.

No word on ours yet.

They had better have it up and running in all the stores by Nov 1, so we can do the price match for online ads.

A TM buddy at a sister store just got their wi-fi.
She works FA & says they have guests that buy a drink & sit for HRS looking at their laptops.
What a waste.

No word on ours yet.

That happens at any store or place with WiFi. Even Safeway!

They had better have it up and running in all the stores by Nov 1, so we can do the price match for online ads.

Good point.

Probably means I should stop using it to stream HD movies through Netflix in the breakroom for the team...

We got ours recently, seems pretty fast :) Can now spotify music in CO without sending my data usage through the roof... haha.

I'm sure they track usage and probably even by individual device usage.So I wonder how long until they get upset because it will be fairly obvious that team members are using the wifi for half of their shift? I was told by my STL they delayed turning it on for 2 months at my store because we have like double the bandwith of our public wifi spots (starbucks, Mcdonalds). Why that would be a problem I have no idea?? Seems pretty fast at my store though and works everywhere. They installed at least 6 routers through my store. I love being able to use my ipod touch to look up stuff on the internet now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back