Target will pay employees an extra $2 an hour for peak days of holiday season

I'm honestly really surprised by some of the negative reactions to this. Not only are they paying $2/hour more on the weekends, they bumped up the starting pay for many stores and are hiring fewer seasonal employees in favor of more hours for existing employees.
Doesn't matter what Corporate does, people just have to bitch and moan. It's never enough.

I'm honestly really surprised by some of the negative reactions to this. Not only are they paying $2/hour more on the weekends, they bumped up the starting pay for many stores and are hiring fewer seasonal employees in favor of more hours for existing employees.

I think the hiring fewer TMs is a bunch of BS. There are signs all over saying we are hiring

We're still hiring, just fewer people than normal. 100,000 vs 130,000 last year.
The notice I saw stated there will be opportunities for new hires to stay after the holidays.

That means less hours for current TMs which are cut to the bone in January anyway.

I had a lot of weeks that were 15 to 20 hours in the beginning of 2020.

Last edited:
The notice I saw stated there will be opportunities for new hires to stay after the holidays.

That means less hours for current TMs which are cut to the bone in January anyway.

I had a lot of weeks that were 15 to 20 hours in the beginning of 2020.
Most of them will quit themselves after getting the heat of Q4. In our store people are quitting after orientation or after just a week . If we get some good ones out of them , I would say why not keep them !

Doesn't matter what Corporate does, people just have to bitch and moan. It's never enough.
It’s only good as long as they don’t cut hours, This company doesn’t really give a fuck about their employees man. 😂 They hire so many dumbasses as it is.

It’s only good as long as they don’t cut hours, This company doesn’t really give a fuck about their employees man. 😂 They hire so many dumbasses as it is.
Ha, problem is, a lot of people are good at hiding their dumbassery in interviews. When I was a lead at my old job, I interviewed people that I thought would be great who turned out to be awful. Conversely, during desperate times I put through people that were basically the least dumb-assy of the lot who turned out to be good employees.

Ha, problem is, a lot of people are good at hiding their dumbassery in interviews. When I was a lead at my old job, I interviewed people that I thought would be great who turned out to be awful. Conversely, during desperate times I put through people that were basically the least dumb-assy of the lot who turned out to be good employees.
1634588081723.jpeg

Are they doing video interviews now ? Bcoz my friend applied and he told she was sent some questions and has to send a video reply within 2 days !

Are they doing video interviews now ? Bcoz my friend applied and he told she was sent some questions and has to send a video reply within 2 days !
They’ve been doing them for awhile since Covid began. Our store still does some in person interviews but most of them are by video first.

Will they be selected based on just that video?
Depends. Sometimes if they like the video enough they’ll just call and offer a spot. If they want to see more they will call and ask for them to come in for a more in depth interview. Sometimes they will skip the video and just go straight to an in person. It seems it’s all over the place but one thing I’ve seen, if they don’t like something on the video they’ll automatically turn it down. I don’t know if I had to do a video interview if I would get hired this day and age lol. It can be really hard to be personable and smile and everything when you’re talking to a screen and not a person.

Depends. Sometimes if they like the video enough they’ll just call and offer a spot. If they want to see more they will call and ask for them to come in for a more in depth interview. Sometimes they will skip the video and just go straight to an in person. It seems it’s all over the place but one thing I’ve seen, if they don’t like something on the video they’ll automatically turn it down. I don’t know if I had to do a video interview if I would get hired this day and age lol. It can be really hard to be personable and smile and everything when you’re talking to a screen and not a person.
When she told video interview. I thought it was like google meet or Skype call . She also told the same that she felt it’s difficult than in person interview . Let’s see what happens next . I was excited when she applied at my store . Hope she gets through .

This year Target got really cheap for TMs. $2 extra on just weekends.. really.. the PR spin they put on it makes them sound like a hero but let’s do the math…

12 eligible days
$2 extra per day..
Assume a typical 8hr shift

12 days * 8/hrs a day = 96 hours
96 hours * $2 = $192

Target is giving you an additional $192 to keep you happy this holiday season.. sounds cheap

This year Target got really cheap for TMs. $2 extra on just weekends.. really.. the PR spin they put on it makes them sound like a hero but let’s do the math…

12 eligible days
$2 extra per day..

96 hours * $2 = $192

Target is giving you an additional $192 to keep you happy this holiday season.. sounds cheap
I’ll take the extra money.

12 eligible days
$2 extra per day..

96 hours * $2 = $192

How is getting extra money something to complain about? They are under no obligation to do anything. In my 30+ years at Sears, regular employees never once received any type of bonus - not an extra dime for any reason.

Weekends at my store are always heavy on call-outs so they'll take a bird in the hand any day & I've picked up plenty of extra hours then as a result.
$2/hr extra just sweetens the pot a bit more.

Back