Archived Target's best and worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy! I just accepted a position as GSA. While I love shopping at Target, and am excited to start, just wanted to take a random poll....
1. What's the best thing(s) about working at Target?
2. What's the worst thing(s) about working at Target?

And... GO!

I'm going to top 3 of each.

Best.
1) The coworkers - Most of the TMs I worked with were very cool folks and I liked them a lot.
2) My job, being a Signing Ninja could be a major pain in the ass but it was a one of a kind job per store and kept me on my toes.
3) The Break Room, proof I'm still here.

Worst.
1) Pay, not even close to compensating for the level of skill and demand for production.
2) Poor training and hiring of management, I could handle training myself but the piss poor job they did of hiring and training their leadership made my life a misery in so many ways.
3) Horrible communication on every level, to say that it is a opportunity is pure sarcasm, it is so uncommon as to be a surprise when it does happen.

1. Best thing about working at Target-discount?

2. Worst part about working at Target-Being a GSA.

Seeing as you're an external hire, just be aware that you're walking into a very high-stress jon thats nit worth what it pays. GSA is one of, if not the the highest turnover position at Target. I feel for you because you don't know what you're walking into. If you had worked at Target and gotten promoted internally, at least you'd have an idea of what you'd be dealing with.

However, it's doable :)
Not trying to scare you, just making you aware that you're walking into a stressful position. My first few weeks as GSA I cried in the bathroom at least once a week, but i eventually wiped the tears off and went out there and didn't give up.

It's still stressful and it won't stop being stressful, but I do it because it's a stepping stone to a team lead position and that's what I really want.

And of course, we are all here to help you out and answer your questions! Let us know how your first day goes!

Congrats and welcome!

1. Being a TPS (Assets Protection), one of my biggest perks is self management. I get to do my tasks the way I want to do them without having to worry about being micromanaged by anyone in the store.

2. Depending on the store, you might have to deal with poor management. Poor management in the sense that they're not good leaders. Also, morale is generally lower at Target than a lot of other retailers. Again, this has a lot to do with the management culture at your store. As a result, turnover is pretty high.

The best? It's a job.

The worst? It's a job.

drinkbeer.gif

One of the good things about spot is the people you become friends with.
A good number of folk on here no longer work for spot but still offer advice to the newbies & keep in touch with those they've formed a bond with.
How strong is the bond?
Read the Canada threads, esp the ones about their closings.
The stuff of tears, that is.

The good: The tons of good looking women wearing revealing clothing. It appears to be easy to move up the pay scale.

The bad: The tons of awful looking women wearing revealing clothing. It appears no matter how you move up the pay scale, expectations and pay do not match.

The good: The tons of good looking women wearing revealing clothing. It appears to be easy to move up the pay scale.

The bad: The tons of awful looking women wearing revealing clothing. It appears no matter how you move up the pay scale, expectations and pay do not match.

If you are talking about ETLs, most of them started there.

The best part is the fact that I have met some amazing people in my journey with Spot. People who have made a huge impact in my life in one way or another . There have been some fellow team members ( this counts for some etls as well) that I would like to forget...but even they taught me something. The worse part...is that feeling you get when your best is never good enough for them and feeling as though all they see when they look at you is payroll hours being spent ..nothing more

Last edited:

What do good or awful looking women have to do with anything?

You asked what was good or bad. Guests qualify.

Like @commiecorvus above, I will also do top 3 of each.

Best.
1) The team. I may not get along with everybody, but I've made some great friends at my store.
2) Unlike my other job which is funded by tax dollars and subject to the whims of county politicians, all I have to do at Target is stay on the good side of leadership.
3) Working one shift on the sales floor gives me more exercise than I get in an entire week away from the store.

Worst.
1) Guests. Need I elaborate?
2) Unrealistic expectations from above.
3) I get along with most of my leaders, but a select few are condescending sociopaths with no concept of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back