Archived Target's Cyber Monday in the ad... Manipulation or sheer idiocy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deli Ninja

Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!
How many of you had hell with the Cyber Monday stuff? Evidently some items were "in store only" that were listed for the online only deal prices. Our store wasn't honoring the cyber Monday prices listed in the ad for "in-store only" items... How did your store handle it, if you had any problems?

I honestly can't help but wonder if the screw up was accidental or a ruse to get people into physical stores to try to get the online only deal prices...

Really, I'm just glad that I'm not in Hardlines or Electronics. I'll take BTS clothing chaos over HL/seasonal insanity during Q4 any day.

Oh, God....so glad I had today off. At least starting tomorrow we can price match again so we can honor those prices. No idea what my store did today with that fiasco.

Maybe your guests were confused. When the website sells out, it says it's unavailable online (maybe in different words. I don't remember), but it also shows that it's available in-store despite the fact that you can't get the cyber monday price in-store. I didn't work today.. err, monday, but I looked at the deals a few times in fits of indecisiveness. Things that were available on my first or second visit were no longer available at later visits but were "available in-store."

When I was there Sunday, though, someone was trying to pricematch an online only sale and the girl at guest services was so frustrated at that point that she was just handing guests the sign that describes the price match policy lol. It's called "cyber monday" for a reason.

I worked Monday and I had what felt like a thousand phone calls on ad items for cyber Monday (or target.com)

Apparently some of the items were sold out online, but said "Also in stores", hence the calls.

I explained that Target.com prices are for Cyber Monday and that Black Friday is over in the store.... I guess some people can't grasp the concept of CYBER Monday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back