Archived Target's Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you know. Spineless "leadership." I guess the ETL-AP didn't want a complaint to corporate so she held off as long as possible.

UGH, we have some spineless leader too but luckily some of them do have a spine. Our ETL and AP guy would have kicked that lady out in 5 seconds. The AP guy comes running to back me up when someone looks like he/she could cause an issue at the Guest Service Desk.

If I'm watching camera's and notice someone that looks like they're getting animated, I go "introduce myself". It usually turns out to be someone the team member knows, or who is just really expressive while talking, but I have interrupted full on tantrums before.

I am going to say something that I haven't said/felt in a long time. I am proud of Target and the stand they are taking .

Yep. One of the few things this company has done right. I hope the bigots complain their tiny little hearts out until they finally just go away. Target better not reverse this policy just to cater to them.

What the fuck is there even to complain about? I saw the Facebook posts. Every god damn bigot is getting their panties twisted and going to stores having tantrums over such a non-issue. Have you ever heard of a retailer enforcing the bathroom rules anyway? I mean, not once have I ever worked at or heard of a retailer removing someone from one of their bathrooms because they were transgender. No one even complains about shit like that, and I think if anyone had when I was working there, it would have been hard not to laugh in their faces. You can't enforce who goes in the bathrooms anymore. It's stupid and antiquated.

Unisex bathrooms need to become the new norm.

Last edited:
Yep. One of the few things this company has done right. I hope the bigots complain their tiny little hearts out until they finally just go away. Target better not reverse this policy just to cater to them.

They can't since they have advertised as a all inclusive employer as a way of recruiting employees. It would have them in a real bad way when you have all your employees pissed off. And we are not talking short on hours mad, we are talking down right angry.. That is bad for business, a few assholes posting on the internet that fades in a few days but when your internal people hate you the damage they can do? Yeah you can't come back from that.

What the fuck is there even to complain about? I saw the Facebook posts. Every god damn bigot is getting their panties twisted and going to stores having tantrums over such a non-issue. Have you ever heard of a retailer enforcing the bathroom rules anyway? I mean, not once have I ever worked at or heard of a retailer removing someone from one of their bathrooms because they were transgender. No one even complains about shit like that, and I think if anyone had when I was working there, it would have been hard not to laugh in their faces. You can't enforce who goes in the bathrooms anymore. It's stupid and antiquated.

Unisex bathrooms need to become the new norm.

Exactly! What good does it do to whine on FB and go to the store and complain? It's been busier than ever since the announcement. Had some people come and complain to me and I had regular guests who have little girls come up to me and tell me how much they love Target.

Exactly! What good does it do to whine on FB and go to the store and complain? It's been busier than ever since the announcement. Had some people come and complain to me and I had regular guests who have little girls come up to me and tell me how much they love Target.

The sad truth is, without getting too political here, America is a very right-wing country and it takes us an embarrassingly long time to give people the rights they deserve, like the right to marry if you're gay or use the correct bathroom if you're transgender. In other countries, this announcement would be no big deal. But here, everyone just has to be some god-fearing holy warrior who freaks out anytime someone different than them gets treated like decent human beings. If we could all just get along and appreciate each other for who we are, rather than being frightened all the fucking time and afraid "the other" is going to kidnap our children or something, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. This shouldn't be a controversy.

For god's sake, it's just a fucking bathroom. I don't give two fucks who comes in the same public bathroom as me. We go there to take a crap. It's not a great experience for me or for transgendered people, and I promise you they want to get out of there as quickly as you do. No one's having a hangout at the bathroom. Let everyone piss in peace and move on with your fucking life.

The sad truth is, without getting too political here, America is a very right-wing country and it takes us an embarrassingly long time to give people the rights they deserve, like the right to marry if you're gay or use the correct bathroom if you're transgender. In other countries, this announcement would be no big deal. But here, everyone just has to be some god-fearing holy warrior who freaks out anytime someone different than them gets treated like decent human beings. If we could all just get along and appreciate each other for who we are, rather than being frightened all the fucking time and afraid "the other" is going to kidnap our children or something, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. This shouldn't be a controversy.

For god's sake, it's just a fucking bathroom. I don't give two fucks who comes in the same public bathroom as me. We go there to take a crap. It's not a great experience for me or for transgendered people, and I promise you they want to get out of there as quickly as you do. No one's having a hangout at the bathroom. Let everyone piss in peace and move on with your fucking life.

You are 100% correct. I have some family members who are "god-fearing holy warriors" and they are outraged about the policy. Luckily they live a few states away. I am surprised I haven't been told by them to get a new job,lol. Personally I love that target hires people regardless of their appearance and sexual orientation.

You are 100% correct. I have some family members who are "god-fearing holy warriors" and they are outraged about the policy. Luckily they live a few states away. I am surprised I haven't been told by them to get a new job,lol. Personally I love that target hires people regardless of their appearance and sexual orientation.

I have been avoiding Facebook lately. Some of the posts and shares my more conservative friends have been making about this have really pissed me off, to the point where I have considered unfriending them and even re-evaluating my friendships with them. One person I know who has particularly set me off has been writing about "men dressing up as women and kidnapping" her daughter. Like really, what the fuck? Why am I friends with you again?

And I won't even get myself started on the comments people are leaving on Target's page itself. Where are these outraged people when workers are getting paid shit wages, stores are staffed by skeleton crews, etc.? Is this really what pushes people over the edge? A fucking bathroom policy? Fuck humanity.

This issue is just like the data breach, guests would go up the GS, & rant about spot screwing up. Then, cut up their red card & say I won't shop at spot anymore,

Saw this on the FB page. Pretty much sums up most stores. You have to read the responses from Target.

How about get your act together and keep your shelves stocked with everyday items? Had to go to Publix today to get stuff you can’t be bothered with keeping in stock. Also, your produce department is awful. Couldn’t get apples because a majority of them were bruised. Last week, bought some and they were bruised down to the core and unbelievably mushy. Your produce can’t make it through a week. What has happened to this location?? Nobody listens or cares about complaints here. 11:00 am on a Sunday I shouldn’t be trying to get through your employees ‘stocking’ shelves. As I said in my review in October (which went unanswered and probably not read) it’s like an obstacle course. Stock at night like most places. Open more registers so my food doesn’t start to spoil while I’m in line.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Target we strive to keep all of our items fully stocked for your #TargetRuns. We apologize for letting you down with our merchandise availability. We'll make sure to share your comments with our Merchandise Team. We aim to provide our guests with fresh produce and we apologize for the disappointing experience at your local Target. We want shopping with us to be hassle-free and we apologize that you haven't had a great time navigating your local store while team members are stocking the shelves. In regards, to the check-out lanes we expect that you receive speedy service while paying for your products. Please provide which store you visit and we'll share your concerns with the Store Leadership Team to review. We rely on this type of feedback so that we may improve and provide you with the kind of shopping experience you've come to expect from Target. Thank you for helping us make Target a better place to shop

We’ve had the same problem at our Target! It’s been two weeks that we’ve not been able to get some of our basics. So we end up going to Kroger. Come on Target! You’re better than this!

Consistently in Hunters Creek in Orlando. SoDo and Millenia aren’t any better. It’s a problem when you see the same issues at multiple locations. It’s even worse when nothing is done about it for months. Always an excuse. Oh we’re renovating and oh there was that hurricane and oh corporate does our ordering.

Thank you for taking the time to reach back out to us. We have shared your feedback with the Hunters Creek, Orlando – Sodo and Millenia Leadership teams. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Take care and have a lovely day

Thanks for reaching out to us. We apologize that you are also experiencing this disappointment. We've shared this with our Bradley Store Leadership team to look into, as well. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Yeah someone made a thread about the comments last year. I had to stop going on there because I wanted to call people idiots

The social media policy in orientation now talks about how team members should respond to such comments. It's not worth losing your job to call them idiots.

To the poor guy in Minnesota who has to respond to these awful comments, with a thanks for the feedback. I'm sure he misses his soul.

Last edited:
GhH5gxc.png

As if we're UPS or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back