Archived Targets First Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target, maybe not here cause of the whole CVS changeover, would close, burn down, bomb, let loose a deadly pathogen, etc in ANY store that unionized. I'd put nothing past them. Literally nothing.

Yep. This will be CVS' problem now so why should Target spend the money to fight this battle?

Target's problem will be down the road though when the rest of their employees want the same rights as those other guys working in the same store they do.

The thing is though, Target is fighting this. That's the weird thing, given that it's pharmacy.

A few Walmarts unionized in Canada once. The stores were closed down less than a week later. So much for your union demands, eh?

I hope this spreads throughout the entire store and the company. This company used to be great. If it was unionized, it could be great again!
Yeah the sad part is that I've heard of how much better things used to be and how it seems to be getting worse at an ever increasing pace. I really fear that Target may be the next company to nearly fail (I don't believe it can completely fail because of its size) because of incompetent, greedy management. Again, I don't think nor want them to completely go away, but if they don't start improving, they're gonna start shrinking the way Best Buy and Kmart have where they used to be everywhere to having to really hunt to find one.

This is so awesome.
I can't wait to see the results of more pharmacies taking this on.
How many other stores looking down the barrel of being swallowed by CVS would be willing to create their own micro-unions?
They can't just shut down every pharmacy especially when they are trying to do this sale.
It's frelling brilliant.
Go for it pharmacists.

This is so awesome.
I can't wait to see the results of more pharmacies taking this on.
How many other stores looking down the barrel of being swallowed by CVS would be willing to create their own micro-unions?
They can't just shut down every pharmacy especially when they are trying to do this sale.
It's frelling brilliant.
Go for it pharmacists.
I would LOVE to do this....unfortunately, my ETL drinks the kool-aid

Some CVS stores are Union, though, so I imagine this won't faze them...

Not sure about the timing but I can't resist, happy National Fall Sales Meeting, party on corp...

Yeah the sad part is that I've heard of how much better things used to be and how it seems to be getting worse at an ever increasing pace. I really fear that Target may be the next company to nearly fail (I don't believe it can completely fail because of its size) because of incompetent, greedy management. Again, I don't think nor want them to completely go away, but if they don't start improving, they're gonna start shrinking the way Best Buy and Kmart have where they used to be everywhere to having to really hunt to find one.

Best buy is now making killer profits now to where hourly sales employees are getting bonuses every paycheck. Downsizing is not all bad, just need to trim the fat.

Beautiful. Now unionize the entire store and watch corporate executives writhe in agony like the little worms they are. Watch as they shut the store down for "remodeling" or "plumbing issues" that are of course purely coincidental with the union vote. I don't care anymore. Let it all burn. Once the fire's been lit, there ain't no going back...and sometimes, it's better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back