Archived Targets who break the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a guy come in yesterday while I was cashiering. Since we've just set BTS he plopped 24 folders on the belt (they cost $0.25 each). His total was $6, and then he whips out 4 coupons, each for $1.50 off when you buy some amount. It looked REALLY shady to me; after reading it, I pointed out to him that it said "limit one coupon per customer" so I called my GSTL over and explained.

She told me to give it to him anyway. He ended up paying nothing, since the coupons covered the entire amount. The whole thing felt wrong and icky, but I let it go because it was only $6, and I can just point the finger at the GSTL for approving it if they come after me.

I guess I've gotten to the point where I truly only care about my paycheck. Sure, I complain alot but I don't lose sleep over stupid stuff at Target. Corporate is a joke. Clueless people that have never worked at a Target store.

I guess I've gotten to the point where I truly only care about my paycheck. Sure, I complain alot but I don't lose sleep over stupid stuff at Target. Corporate is a joke. Clueless people that have never worked at a Target store.
Same, I don't argue with guests anymore at all. I just give them whatever they want. They say an item is free with purchase, they get it. I spend all of 1 second verifying a coupon when the "accept anyway" prompt comes up. The register prevents over discounting to a certain extent now with the supervisor override prompt so if it's even remotely reasonable (and let me tell you, my concept of "reasonable" is VERY broad) I just do it. I just don't care about being Target's white knight anymore.

They're pissing away more money than anyone can imagine on garbage like Target Canada, Gregg's golden parachute, anti-union propaganda, etc. These $5-10 coupons and such are a drop in the bucket compared to what corporate wastes on a regular basis and if they can't be bothered to be fiscally responsible, why should I when it makes my life more difficult in having to argue with guests?

If its just one extra item, I'll price match. If I take a non legit coupon or not depends on who my LOD is. Most are pretty spineless, but there are a few that'll back me up.

I honestly thought that the store I work in was the only one with this type of guest and this type of management. I have been a GSA for 3 years in the
same store. We have had 3 different STLs and this last one is the worst. When this "be bold" initiative started, we were giving everything away and
taking everything back. You couldn't say no to a guest. I was written up for refusing to return a Walmart item(their own brand)! Now we are
backpedaling the policies and some LODs are backing us and some aren't. I have said no to the coupon frauds, the price match scammers,
and the chronic returners. When they ask for a manager, I was told to tell them I am the front end manager. But I know that if the guest gets to
the current ETL GE or the STL, they will do whatever the guest wants.

Had a guy come in yesterday while I was cashiering. Since we've just set BTS he plopped 24 folders on the belt (they cost $0.25 each). His total was $6, and then he whips out 4 coupons, each for $1.50 off when you buy some amount. It looked REALLY shady to me; after reading it, I pointed out to him that it said "limit one coupon per customer" so I called my GSTL over and explained.

She told me to give it to him anyway. He ended up paying nothing, since the coupons covered the entire amount. The whole thing felt wrong and icky, but I let it go because it was only $6, and I can just point the finger at the GSTL for approving it if they come after me.
It is a legit coupon. It is from a website for teachers but it does say limit one per customer. Target is hoping the teachers will buy other things whiles they are there.

I honestly thought that the store I work in was the only one with this type of guest and this type of management. I have been a GSA for 3 years in the
same store. We have had 3 different STLs and this last one is the worst. When this "be bold" initiative started, we were giving everything away and
taking everything back. You couldn't say no to a guest. I was written up for refusing to return a Walmart item(their own brand)! Now we are
backpedaling the policies and some LODs are backing us and some aren't. I have said no to the coupon frauds, the price match scammers,
and the chronic returners. When they ask for a manager, I was told to tell them I am the front end manager. But I know that if the guest gets to

That was how we ended up with wiper fluid from walk mart a few months back. Stupid.

we lost 88 dollars on a star wars saga box set. yes it had a walmart sticker. the guest who found it was laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back