Archived Targets who break the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone having a problem with your local targets not following target policy? Not following the online price match policy or the coupon policy?

We have several targets in my area where anything goes and then they come to our store where we do follow the rules and we are stuck with a guest who says well they let me do it at the other target.

Do you guys honor their f-ups in those cases? I had one guest today who annoyed the crap out of me trying to price match a seller at amazon, and use a coupon that didn't apply to the count she had. She was basically trying to get the items for free which you are not allowed to do. So I told her hell no. She asked to speak to the LOD several times but luckily this particular LOD backed me up.

I'm just frustrated by the over vibing taking place at some targets right now.

I had a guest try and come up with a bunch of shampoos/conditioners she wanted to online price match. She got pretty ticked when I pointed out the limit is one exact item per online price match and we don't price match with gift cards, anyway. I had to drag out all of our policies and find it to show her. She kept claiming she did it at Spots in other states.

My GSTL nearly died when I told him that I told her she was welcome to go to those stores to get her price match. ;-)

Anyway, it's possible the guest is lying. It's possible the store is still being bold. It's possible the guest was not lying but just wrong about what the store did. It's possible the other store's TM didn't know any better. It's possible the guest was told, "just this once." Who the hell knows.

I totally understand the idea of "being bold" to get the guests to keep coming back. if it is one or two things I really do not mind bending rules. it is the people who come KNOWING what the rules are and deliberately doing it. Letting the guests break the rules just to get them to come back makes the policies a joke!

Vibe = "cause enough of a stink and we will give you whatever you want so that you shut up and go away."

Most of the time I'm happy to give the guest what they want, within reason. "WELL THE SIGN SAID...." Sure- I'll give you half off your $7 item because you can't read, no problem. But when it comes to price matching and coupons, our leadership doesn't seem to understand that if you give these people an inch, they will DEMAND a mile. You have to be completely consistent.

We had some lady who was seemingly drugged up trying to scam our GSTMs with returns and our fairly new STL that came from a high risk store went up to the lady and told her she was disgusting and to leave the store. We never saw her again..

I think my STL is anti-vibe.

We have a woman who comes in just about every day & sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. She always is doing something shady. Last time I dealt with her she had 5 or 6 receipts & a huge stack of $2 coupons. The receipts were about a week old so I couldn't do a missed coupon. So here is how it goes every. single. time.
1 She wants a manager.
2 LOD tells her we can't do whatever she wants that day
3 She says she wants us to call the help desk & she wants to talk them herself.
4 when the help desk says we can't do what she wants she tells them she needs a reference number for when she calls corporate.
5 she talks in circles & tells them they said something they didn't say
6 she calls guest relations
7 We give in and do whatever she wants no matter how outrageous it is. One. Hundred. Percent. Of. The. Time

She is soft spoken and usually has a little girl with her.
She is really an expert double talker. She can get just about anyone confused. With the time it takes to call the help desk and every thing else she can tie up a GSTM, GSA or GSTL for an hour or more.
When I hear someone say they need help up front because they're on the phone I know she's back. When I work GS and see her coming I just want to cry. Everyone tells me there is nothing we can do. I've even asked why we can't just do whatever she wants since we always give her anything she wants in the end. At least we wouldn't have to spend so much time with her.
I would love to know if she is doing this crap at other stores in my area.

My store had a woman like that last night. We kicked her out.

Not sure if that's okay or not, but I was following my Etl's orders, lol.

We have a woman who comes in just about every day & sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. She always is doing something shady. Last time I dealt with her she had 5 or 6 receipts & a huge stack of $2 coupons. The receipts were about a week old so I couldn't do a missed coupon. So here is how it goes every. single. time.
1 She wants a manager.
2 LOD tells her we can't do whatever she wants that day
3 She says she wants us to call the help desk & she wants to talk them herself.
4 when the help desk says we can't do what she wants she tells them she needs a reference number for when she calls corporate.
5 she talks in circles & tells them they said something they didn't say
6 she calls guest relations
7 We give in and do whatever she wants no matter how outrageous it is. One. Hundred. Percent. Of. The. Time

She is soft spoken and usually has a little girl with her.
She is really an expert double talker. She can get just about anyone confused. With the time it takes to call the help desk and every thing else she can tie up a GSTM, GSA or GSTL for an hour or more.
When I hear someone say they need help up front because they're on the phone I know she's back. When I work GS and see her coming I just want to cry. Everyone tells me there is nothing we can do. I've even asked why we can't just do whatever she wants since we always give her anything she wants in the end. At least we wouldn't have to spend so much time with her.
I would love to know if she is doing this crap at other stores in my area.

Trespass her. Call next store have them do the same.

Hey I'm just a lowly TM. The leaders at my store say there is nothing we can do. They all act like they are afraid of our guests.

The lady with the bad price match at the other store brought the receipt as proof. And everyone knows that this particular target will do anything the guest wants. I made her so mad she didn't get anything and she left her receipt so job well done imo. I am more than happy to tell those types of guests to keep going where they can get over, just don't come back here.

I thought for a while that we were finished with being bold. Like everything else it depends on who is there and what kind if mood they're in.

The problem is the customers have a valid point when they say, hey stores did this last month, because it was frelling Spot's policy.
So they realize they are losing their ass by being bold so they start enforcement again and who pays for it?
In the long run this kind of waffling doesn't help Target one little bit.
It just makes everybody who works for them miserable.

The lady with the bad price match at the other store brought the receipt as proof. And everyone knows that this particular target will do anything the guest wants. I made her so mad she didn't get anything and she left her receipt so job well done imo. I am more than happy to tell those types of guests to keep going where they can get over, just don't come back here.

Your store isn't gaining anything by putting up with her foolishness.
Hey I'm just a lowly TM. The leaders at my store say there is nothing we can do. They all act like they are afraid of our guests.

Understood. But it might be a suggestion worth making.

We had some lady who was seemingly drugged up trying to scam our GSTMs with returns and our fairly new STL that came from a high risk store went up to the lady and told her she was disgusting and to leave the store. We never saw her again..

I think my STL is anti-vibe.
I think I am in love with you STL! I hate hate hate scammers!

When I was still in the lanes, I had a scammer who always said "Well, XXX store did it for me..."
I'd give her a hard look & ask her who it was, when she was there, etc, etc....that it was against policy & I was going to have their leadership look into that.
She'd start backpedaling then say, "Never mind" before making a quick exit.
Fun times back in the day.

I read some of the coupon blogs and inconsistency is the #1 complaint people have with Target.

When I was still in the lanes, I had a scammer who always said "Well, XXX store did it for me..."
I'd give her a hard look & ask her who it was, when she was there, etc, etc....that it was against policy & I was going to have their leadership look into that.
She'd start backpedaling then say, "Never mind" before making a quick exit.
Fun times back in the day.
That's GENIUS! Whenever somebody pulls the "___ store did it, why can't you?" I just tell them that they are welcome to go to the other store. Luckily my GSAs and GSTLs are about as equally fed up as I am.

Sounds like @redeye58 used to channel her inner Marla when she was a GSA. :D

Who cares? If Target wants to lose money, then let them.

Work a shift at the front end, and you'll understand. Corporate doesn't have to deal with these guests in the stores, we do.
Not only that , but it gets taken out of sales. Less sales less payroll less paycheck. Glad my dtl stopped bold.

Work a shift at the front end, and you'll understand. Corporate doesn't have to deal with these guests in the stores, we do.
Not only that , but it gets taken out of sales. Less sales less payroll less paycheck. Glad my dtl stopped bold.
Did your DTL make it official?

Did your DTL make it official?
Yes. He did, mostly because pretty much all the stores in tge district are high risk. Scammers racked over. 100 k in fake coupons and checks within a month. Not to mention the usual pushy guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back