Archived Tax Free weekend 2015 sponsored by apathy

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 68
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Tax Free weekend is this week and I've decided that I'm not gonna worry about it. This is going to be my last tax free weekend at Target so I'm just going to do my normal routine and not give a shit. Of course, there will be two people in backroom day that day which means I will be pulling grocery(for some strange reasons I have been chosen to pull the grocery side when I have help in the backroom) and the other person will be pulling hardlines. CAF batches will gigantic. Office will be huge every hour. It will probably take at least 10 minutes each hour to pull that. And let's not forget about the usual 20 to 30 minutes it will take me to pull GRC1, 2, 3, SNCK, and PAPR and BEV1 and 2. Time will not be on my side but whatever. I told the boss to get one of the lazy assholes in morning backroom to stay til 1pm or 130pm but no. I also will be clocking in at noon so that means my lunch will start at before 6pm no matter what. Oh and I forgot about FF and I think the guy that will be helping me on tax free weekend doesn't even know how to pull FF. Yeah, whatever cause this is my United States of Whatever. Anyways enough with the worrying. I am honestly going to try to not worry and just relax and do my tasks to the best of my abilities.

Gerard Butler's thoughts on this year's tax free weekend.

This is how I want to approach tax free weekend. I don't care if I get called a sissy or girly guy. Frozen still has catchy songs even 2 years after it's release.

This was supposed to be my weekend off but my ETL tricked me into working Sunday! ;)

It is what it is and I'll just have to make sure I have Mini packed with delicious dorm deals and all my endcaps a full of lunchbox goodies.

Maybe there will actually be sufficient cashiers and fast service will be at a minimum.. LOL

I'll laugh at the morons who subject themselves to long lines, rude people, and foul smells for 8-9% off.

Tax free weekend? I have not heard of this! Now I can get 9% off my clinical strength deodorant. Is this all Target stores?

Some states hold a tax free weekend during back to school time in order to help lower income families/smart shoppers get more bang for their buck. Typical it's school and office supplies go tax free and there's usually a list.

I think it's only the state tax? That still leaves 6% tax for my store! My vacation starts Sunday and I work Saturday morning. Just have to find out if it starts Friday.

It's Friday and Saturday! What the fuck!

Last edited:
Oklahoma tax-free weekend only applies to clothing and shoes

“Clothing” means all human wearing apparel suitable for general use. A nonexclusive list of clothing that is exempt from sales and use taxes follows:
  • Aprons, household and shop
  • Athletic supporters
  • Baby receiving blankets
  • Bathing suits and caps
  • Beach capes and coats
  • Belts and suspenders
  • Boots
  • Coats and jackets
  • Costumes
  • Diapers, children and adult, including disposable diapers
  • Ear muffs
  • Footlets
  • Formal wear
  • Garters and garter belts
  • Girdles
  • Gloves and mittens for general use
  • Hats and caps
  • Hosiery
  • Insoles for shoes
  • Lab coats
  • Neckties
  • Overshoes
  • Pantyhose
  • Rainwear
  • Rubber pants
  • Sandals
  • Scarves
  • Shoes and shoe laces
  • Slippers
  • Sneakers
  • Socks and stockings
  • Steel toed shoes
  • Underwear
  • Uniforms, athletic and non-athletic
  • Wedding apparel

is 9 something % here, ppl with fight each other over some notebook paper to save 10 cents -_- im glad tis le 3 day weekend for me :D

My city is 8%, but my Target is 9% because it's in a TIF zone. I don't even know if Target benefitted from it or if it was the property management company. Now, people don't wanna shop here because of the higher tax. Plus the tax went up 1% for a fucking airport. So now it's 10% tax!

Tax free weekend is really only good for expensive items like laptops and graphing calculators. Otherwise it's just not worth it.

And of course my store is in a special taxing district so it's just going to be reduced tax weekend.

and I forgot about FF and I think the guy that will be helping me on tax free weekend doesn't even know how to pull FF
Didn't you say donee her it's a new TM? Take 5 minutes to teach him how to do it.

I live in a state that only does tax free clothes (Less than $100) and people FREAK THE FUCK OUT. Also, we have a huge problem with people spreading the rumor that they added school supplies to the policy. Which is never the case and it always pisses people off.

10 mins in OFCE? Ours has been 20-30 minutes regularly. 12:00's were 2:10 total today (2 BRTMs).

I had to handle all the two hours cafs myself yesterday. I had a midday brtm but he didn't help as he was a TL and just kept walking around telling me what to that night as I was the closer.

Tax free weekend? I have not heard of this! Now I can get 9% off my clinical strength deodorant. Is this all Target stores?

No wonder I haven't heard of this. Definitely not going on in my area. I've seen furniture or mattress stores do this though. They "cover" the tax as a promotion sometimes. Probably all they do is take whatever percentage off.

My state has no sales tax so everyday is a tax free day

I am so glad that I no longer have to suffer tax free weekend at Target. What a giant cluster fuck! It is almost like black Friday in a way. Arguments over the fine details of what is tax free and what isn't are so rediculous. The store I worked at didn't allow any time off because they needed all hands on deck, but then they didn't have enough payroll for it. And the transaction can only be up to $100! Waste of time!

I am so glad that I no longer have to suffer tax free weekend at Target. What a giant cluster fuck! It is almost like black Friday in a way. Arguments over the fine details of what is tax free and what isn't are so rediculous. The store I worked at didn't allow any time off because they needed all hands on deck, but then they didn't have enough payroll for it. And the transaction can only be up to $100! Waste of time!
Wow.. The transaction can't go over 100? that's dumb! Our state only limits individual articles being over $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back