Team Lead Positions

I wish we had your headcount. I have:

2 SETL
2 Style TL (but I help lead beauty and tech)
3 GM TL (Essentials also leads inbound, the Home/Domestics/Toys TL leads Flex, TL of other GM areas leads POG.
Produce TL
Dry grocery TL
Meat/dairy/frozen TL
Bakery/Starbucks TL

I wish we had your headcount. I have:

2 SETL
2 Style TL (but I help lead beauty and tech)
3 GM TL (Essentials also leads inbound, the Home/Domestics/Toys TL leads Flex, TL of other GM areas leads POG.
Produce TL
Dry grocery TL
Meat/dairy/frozen TL
Bakery/Starbucks TL
Oh! And closing TL

Market TL, Inbound TL, GM TL, 2 SeTLs, 2 Style TLs, Closing TL, Starbucks TL, AP TL

2 setl
2 gm
2 style (1 hasn't started but was hired)
1 closing
1 starbucks
1 market
1 ap (unfilled since last one quit)
1 hr (unfilled since last one quit)

I’ve got

5 GMTLs
2 FBTLs
3 Style TLs
2 SETLs
1 APTL
1 Food service TL
1 Fufillment TL
1 Closing

We've got a pretty standard setup:

1 GM1TL:Essentials/Inbound
1 GM2TL:Home/Presentation
1 GM3TL:Hardlines/Fulfillment
1 F&BTL
1 Style1TL:RTW/ACCESSORIES/SHOES
1 Style2TL:MENS/NIT
2 SETL
1 SBTL
1 VM
1 PML
1 APTL
1 Closing TL

So when fully staffed, we have 13. Four of them are key carriers

We've got a pretty standard setup:

1 GM1TL:Essentials/Inbound
1 GM2TL:Home/Presentation
1 GM3TL:Hardlines/Fulfillment
1 F&BTL
1 Style1TL:RTW/ACCESSORIES/SHOES
1 Style2TL:MENS/NIT
2 SETL
1 SBTL
1 VM
1 PML
1 APTL
1 Closing TL

So when fully staffed, we have 13. Four of them are key carriers
Love this, but when a store goes from 3 GMTL to 2 GMTL, gmtl1 is still just essentials/inbound and gmtl2 gets home/presentation/hardlines/fulfillment. I only love gmtl2 right now because I thrive when I'm drowning in workload haha.

Love this, but when a store goes from 3 GMTL to 2 GMTL, gmtl1 is still just essentials/inbound and gmtl2 gets home/presentation/hardlines/fulfillment. I only love gmtl2 right now because I thrive when I'm drowning in workload haha.

Yikes, that sounds like a nightmare! Especially considering you've got the domestics, kitchen, storage, BTS, and toy transitions all coming up soon! Plus, if you're like my store, heavy OPU and SFS because of COVID in addition to all the push, price changes, salesplanners, etc! You are my hero haha. I hope your inbound team is at least helping you out with the freight!

Is it true that there is a rule that you can’t become TL of a department you are working in? Like a style TM can’t become a TL in style at the same store. They can be TL in another department of the same store or move stores.

Is it true that there is a rule that you can’t become TL of a department you are working in? Like a style TM can’t become a TL in style at the same store. They can be TL in another department of the same store or move stores.
No that is not a rule. Some leadership teams prefer when you become a TL of a different department/at a different store so that you aren’t supervising people that you were formerly peers with

Im gmtl1 but i technically own inbound,kitchen,stat/office, domestic, bath,beddinghome,hipa,storage,furniture,seasonal,

Gmtl2 is otc and personal care,chem,paper,pets,and big plano sets

Gmtl3 fulliment,toys, bep,baby,sports

But at the moment own everything above except fulliment and my etl helps with some of the plano. Gmtl 2 left and gmtl3 stuck in fulliment.

Back