Archived Team Lead Responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehomiesleepy

LA Street Soldier
What are some things you guys feel TL can be doing better, or improve on. I know many times they place there workload on TM, and power gets to them. Any Thoughts?

Haha. Anymore I'm just a team member that's paid more. I do the same work as my tms, barely work with my team, and have no time to do any of the other stuff that I'm actually responsible for.

What are some things you guys feel TL can be doing better, or improve on. I know many times they place there workload on TM, and power gets to them. Any Thoughts?

A good team leader is supposed to work with the team, whilst managing talent, business, and their development. Task delegation is a must for all team leaders, it's their core roles to lead a team.

I find this post funny, only because our newly bestowed "team lead" hasn't stepped foot into our department for... four weeks now?

feedback given to me was that I must step back a bit and let the team run itself. I get too involved, too hands on and forget that I am the leader and not the team lead. Its difficult to step back when youre in logistics simply because everyone must have equal part in order to ensure a successful night. Ive been doing much better, allowing me to manage talent more which was becoming my opportunity. I was so involved that, although I was coaching these tms, I was never giving myself enough time to document and submit it to HR.

feedback given to me was that I must step back a bit and let the team run itself. I get too involved, too hands on and forget that I am the leader and not the team lead. Its difficult to step back when youre in logistics simply because everyone must have equal part in order to ensure a successful night. Ive been doing much better, allowing me to manage talent more which was becoming my opportunity. I was so involved that, although I was coaching these tms, I was never giving myself enough time to document and submit it to HR.
Good training is key to success for spot. Don't give up on weaker folks just yet, give them a chance. Encourage & motivate the weaker folks for success, by pushing correcting & meeting goals. Talk to them & let them know you care about them. Get to know your team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back