Archived Team Leaders Coaching Outside Their Workcenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any team leader coach you? Or does it have to be your direct workcenter leader? I know executives can coach anyone but how about team leaders? Because I recently got questioned why I called out and was told with hours being low me not showing up for my shift is important etc etc but this TL just got transferred to hardlines but I’m not even a hardlines team member. And on top of that my executive team leader and my workcenter team leader was there present on the same day so why didn’t they ask me? I understand my ETL not asking me cause he answered the phone the morning I callled out but still

Technically, team leads can’t document team members that aren’t ‘theirs’ in workday. However, at least at my store, we can definitely make the descion to coach any team member, and have the conversation, and then either email HR or the TMs team lead what to submit for the documentation and have them copy/paste it.

Attendance is something we especially help each other out with when it comes to coachings, because the faster you submit it, the faster you can submit another one for repeated occurances.

Anything conduct, you can also expect any leader to be able to coach you on. Performance, we will probably just talk to your team lead and they’ll coach you themselves.

Technically, team leads can’t document team members that aren’t ‘theirs’ in workday. However, at least at my store, we can definitely make the descion to coach any team member, and have the conversation, and then either email HR or the TMs team lead what to submit for the documentation and have them copy/paste it.

Attendance is something we especially help each other out with when it comes to coachings, because the faster you submit it, the faster you can submit another one for repeated occurances.

Anything conduct, you can also expect any leader to be able to coach you on. Performance, we will probably just talk to your team lead and they’ll coach you themselves.

Team leads can coach anyone...

You can search team by leader in Workday or just type in the TM's name...

I would say however it's best for TL's to talk to each other before just doing it because you would be stepping on their toes. However I have multiple times coached TM's outside of my workcenter when the TL in their workcenter is not doing their job.

Team leads can coach anyone...

You can search team by leader in Workday or just type in the TM's name...

I would say however it's best for TL's to talk to each other before just doing it because you would be stepping on their toes. However I have multiple times coached TM's outside of my workcenter when the TL in their workcenter is not doing their job.
So how do you do this then? Because I have tried to document team members that are not on my team and I can’t. When I search their name I can find them but it will not give me the option to do any kind of performance discussion for them like it does my own team members. So maybe I’m missing a step?

So how do you do this then? Because I have tried to document team members that are not on my team and I can’t. When I search their name I can find them but it will not give me the option to do any kind of performance discussion for them like it does my own team members. So maybe I’m missing a step?
No, you are correct. Even as an exec, you can only enter PIPs for TMs in your direct org chart.

What we do at my store is email the coaching to their direct TL/ETL and they copy and paste it into Workday because yes, TLs can coach any TM.

I think they need to be a tm aligned under the same ETL as you.
This is correct. I’m hardlines, and now that I’m reminded of it, yes I can document softlines, electronics, and beauty TMs because we have the same ETL. I can’t submit documentation for food, front-end, or logistics TMs though.

A gap in this is when there’s a gap in ETL staffing, or when an ETL is keyed wrong, then if I remember correctly the STL is considered the ETL on workday which opens things way up... 😝

Can any team leader coach you? Or does it have to be your direct workcenter leader? I know executives can coach anyone but how about team leaders? Because I recently got questioned why I called out and was told with hours being low me not showing up for my shift is important etc etc but this TL just got transferred to hardlines but I’m not even a hardlines team member. And on top of that my executive team leader and my workcenter team leader was there present on the same day so why didn’t they ask me? I understand my ETL not asking me cause he answered the phone the morning I callled out but still
Any team lead can coach any team members. I’ve never coached team
Members for other work centers about their attendance, but I did coach for either not being productive , being on their phone or taking long breaks .

You can verbally coach but not document it. I've written performance conversations other leaders had with my team members. I just make sure to write I didn't observe the incident.

No, you are correct. Even as an exec, you can only enter PIPs for TMs in your direct org chart.

What we do at my store is email the coaching to their direct TL/ETL and they copy and paste it into Workday because yes, TLs can coach any TM.
Weird you can’t even as an ETL... I’m a senior at a small format and I can document anyone. I’ve tried people not in my .org chart and I’ve been successful.

The leader observed you...
Or the camera. You are not allowed to coach off the camera however if you want to go around it all you have to say you’ve been observed. No names no mentioned of the camera .

Reactions: Dog

There's the drop down box that says "search by leader" every time I have gone in and clicked on that it's given me the team members under that leader. The first couple months we were using workday nothing would populate in the list... but now everything comes up just fine for me. If for some reason a TM's name doesn't show up, I just type it into the box exactly how it appears in the system.

Weird you can’t even as an ETL... I’m a senior at a small format and I can document anyone. I’ve tried people not in my .org chart and I’ve been successful.
In a small format all tms excluding AP report to the TLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back