Service & Engagement Team Leads

yeah, uh, that is not a modernization thing that is a "complete and total breakdown of managerial responsibility"

this past weekend was supposed to be my and a peer's weekend off, but one of my peers had the weekend requested off for valentines day. so you know what we did? i had two days off in the middle of the week instead, worked saturday and had sunday off while my other peer had two different days and worked sunday and had saturday off. my management adapted the schedule to fit the needs of the business instead of...well, doing absolutely nothing and basically telling you to fuck off

This is exactly why I will not take part in even conversation with executives. I’m a team leader and should be with my team knowing and being apart of what’s happening in my work center. My peer and ETL disgust me and I’m embarrassed by the way they act. My peer gets yelled at by a guest runs to office, won’t see them for the rest of the day. Etl busy coddling them and checking emails. I do everything I possibly can to make sure my team doesn’t feel like the above comments. Hang in there. I’m sure you will out last the bad!

Good to know I’m not alone. I have been going through the same situation. I show up everyday and hope it’s better and I am very thankful I have the team. I work for them until I’m phased out. What all the others think of me does not matter I know I’m doing my job the best I am allowed to do.
Yep. I was moved to SETL last year. I told my partner that if I lasted a year, I would be shocked. It has been almost a year & I got put on CA for "performance issues". I expect the next phase of CA will be in the next few weeks. I won't quit; they will have to fire me. I have worked for this company since it was Dayton Hudson Corp. I am one of the dinosaurs that Target Corp is trying to eliminate.

Yep. I was moved to SETL last year. I told my partner that if I lasted a year, I would be shocked. It has been almost a year & I got put on CA for "performance issues". I expect the next phase of CA will be in the next few weeks. I won't quit; they will have to fire me. I have worked for this company since it was Dayton Hudson Corp. I am one of the dinosaurs that Target Corp is trying to eliminate.
So sad. It’s very heartbreaking to see good members walking on eggshells and waiting for that moment. I’m speechless right now. I can’t imagine what your CA was for. I got one for a MyGuest expired on my weekend OFF. Lol

We’ve been trying to train everyone to be “GSAs” for awhile, but it’s failed. A lot of our solid TMs in the front left because their hours were cut and better opportunity elsewhere. We’re still stuck basic training team members on the daily. They are being documented, but at this point it’s literally 90% of the front end. It’s a lack of common sense and lack of caring, which makes everything really fun.

Understand the CA part. Was put on one for vendors not having product for a set quick enough.

Retirement or stepping down from tl, might optional.

If Spot is pushing you out please consider retirement if you meet the requirements. If you are going anyway, you may as well leave with your discount. Good luck!

If the OP is near or at retirement age, finding another job will be difficult as most companies regard elders as a drain on benefits; bennies are the sole reason I've stayed as long as I have.
My younger sibling is the top on their field (tech) but has experienced blatant age-discrimination.

As stated before age discrimination is real. It will never change. Prepare by not over spending, be conservative, keep your mouth shut and do your best. Sweet Cheese recent grad with a degree in music will slice your nuts off in a heartbeat to get ahead. Some yes certainly not all. To quote the great Target acronym ASANTS there are exceptions, many very good managers. I'm outlining the shit bags not the good ones. Male or female it happens.

If the OP is near or at retirement age, finding another job will be difficult as most companies regard elders as a drain on benefits; bennies are the sole reason I've stayed as long as I have.
My younger sibling is the top on their field (tech) but has experienced blatant age-discrimination.
Yep. I have been putting in job applications for a year. NO ONE hires people over 50. I am trying to hang on but it is an uphill battle. I work hard, do the best I can.

@Cinnamon2005 When I was on unemployment after my position was eliminated at my last job, a requirement was to take a class, so I chose the one that talked about seeking employment over 40. Most of the information discussed can be found on the internet, but it was interesting and helpful to hear other people's stories about their frustrations with looking for work. One tip that I had already done was to remove my year of school graduation on my resume. I also eliminated my first couple of jobs since I had been at my last employer for over thirty years. As for that job, I listed my job areas and start dates - but started from when I officially became full-time, which dropped another ten years off my resume.

I'm not sure any of that helped me get the job at Target, but it didn't hurt, lol. Also helps that I look younger than my actual age, and have a youthful personality, relatively speaking. :p

The thing that will help the most, though, is just to keep trying. I've had other family members hit rough patches and feel like they would never find work, but they just kept at it and eventually the opportunities came along. Best of luck to you!

@Cinnamon2005 When I was on unemployment after my position was eliminated at my last job, a requirement was to take a class, so I chose the one that talked about seeking employment over 40. Most of the information discussed can be found on the internet, but it was interesting and helpful to hear other people's stories about their frustrations with looking for work. One tip that I had already done was to remove my year of school graduation on my resume. I also eliminated my first couple of jobs since I had been at my last employer for over thirty years. As for that job, I listed my job areas and start dates - but started from when I officially became full-time, which dropped another ten years off my resume.

I'm not sure any of that helped me get the job at Target, but it didn't hurt, lol. Also helps that I look younger than my actual age, and have a youthful personality, relatively speaking. :p

The thing that will help the most, though, is just to keep trying. I've had other family members hit rough patches and feel like they would never find work, but they just kept at it and eventually the opportunities came along. Best of luck to you!
Thanks! I redid my resume as well. I am a fairly upbeat person & I also look younger than I am. I am taking some vacation time later this spring so will see what is out there.

There is zero reason a leader needs to be in the office all day. If that's the case then the leader has poor time management skills or is being overtaxed.

You can't lead a team effectively without some type of leadership bond or buy in, and you can't garner that from an office.

During my most managerially tasking time (manage remodel, flow, backroom and instocks process, write schedule for the store minus front end, plan transitions) I spent one 8 hour day in the office, and spread the rest over the week in 30 minute blocks.

This has maybe changed, but a huge majority of target leaders whom I worked with never even used a calendar to track daily time. The company in general had poor time management practices.
My peer definitely spends 10 minutes a day maximum at the front, to push additional assistance button, then straight back to hold that chair down. The time management is only a focus for my peer when in need Of or taking their 15,30 minute break. That’s an absolute focus. As far as being overtaxed. Possibly. The laughter, snacking, and sitting could be an issue. 😂

Completely agree. I have to give my leaders credit, as they are rarely in their offices. They (including the SD) do SFS/OPU, push truck, collect abandons, bring reshop to the departments, etc etc. The SETLs ring, work SCO and GS.

I do see some TLs standing around chatting more than I feel they should, but for the most part our leaders are pretty good.
My Sd, when they are there is constantly on the radios working with us, i see them constantly pushing uboats thru the store/ backroom, they are very rarely in his office.
I love my sd

Back