COVID-19 Team Member health: how are you and others in your workcenter managing?

At the same time COVID-19 came to America from the unnamed country which makes two-thirds of Target's merchandise (the rest in India, Vietnam, Bangladesh, a few other places and a little bit in USA), we've had a lot of colds and flus with longer-than-average intensity. So how are the rest of you healthwise right now?

I've only had influenza B (confirmed with test) at Christmas time this year.... I caught it from my son. Other than that I've been fine. I do get a runny nose whenever I'm at my store. I don't have this problem at home. I just think I'm allergic to Target.

dealing with some really bad acid reflux due to stress and anxiety which is giving me a suspicious sounding dry cough bc of the acid literally burning my throat but i'm otherwise fine lol. i had a cold in october/november of last year, and i've never had the flu as far as i know.

Head cold last month that I haven't really recovered from. Feel like I've got another one - stuffy/drippy nose, no energy. Sucks.

Fine. The switch just got flipped from winter to summer here, so pollen is a huge problem for many. I've felt a scratchy throat but it's completely at this time of year. Nobody looking sick/coughing /calling out that I know of

its been off and on raining here so people are getting a little sniffly, but otherwise everyone seems to be ok

No issues I know of. Had a cold about 6 weeks ago with lots of coughing, but that's over. Spring is finally coming to my state so seasonal allergies are starting up. There are a couple of TMs at my store who seem prone to respiratory illnesses, so I'm worried for them, but so far so good.

We have call outs every day but that's pretty normal for us. We also have a couple of emergency LOAs, at least 1 is because of COVID-19 (team member doesn't have it just too stressed about it). Just had 5 new cases in the town beside ours so I'm not sure how that's going to affect the Team. Usual colds and allergies. Lots of TMs now wearing gloves. I just hope we don't run out.
Stay safe everyone!

I had the horrible month+ long cold that went around these parts in January (and into Feb), and my kids very likely had influenza around Christmas break when that was going around, but otherwise no problems here. At the moment (knock wood, throw salt, ptui ptui, etc.).

Had something terrible last two weeks of the year. Never saw a doctor but I was very miserable with breathing difficulties.
Health wise better now but each day feeling more and more anxious about where this is headed. Feeling like we are playing russian roulette, like it’s only a matter of time.....not IF but WHEN we all get it.
The thought of backup cashiering freaks me out.

I also get runny nose when I am at work. There is lot of dust in the backroom. So I hope it’s because of that. I had cough and cold 3-4 weeks back and still not fully recovered. But no fever though!

Had something terrible last two weeks of the year. Never saw a doctor but I was very miserable with breathing difficulties.
Health wise better now but each day feeling more and more anxious about where this is headed. Feeling like we are playing russian roulette, like it’s only a matter of time.....not IF but WHEN we all get it.
The thought of backup cashiering freaks me out.
I'm right there with you on the cashiering, I won't do it.

The past few days, our store has had much less guest traffic than the norm. I don't know if this is typical of most Target stores around the country. Washington State is under a full stay-at-home order. Even with a few people out on LOA or so forth, there aren't the extra hours available we might have expected. The guests we do receive tend to bring pretty high sales-per-transaction, but other than having some of our SEGAs go help with cleaning in other areas of the store, it's just not very busy.

My biggest concern about what's happening from this wuhan COVID-19 coronavirus is the mental health and peace of mind of our fellow Target teammates. It's really beyond strange to have so much of America shut down due to a health pandemic. I worry if this goes on too long, too many people are just gonna lose it and it could be as bad as the dreadful experience of COVID-19 itself. Just my nickels' worth here.

I had the flu (Type A, confirmed by test) back in January, but got Tamiflu before I got too sick.

We had a very mild, very rainy winter, meaning the pollen is horrendous right now, which is giving most of us allergy issues. All the cleansers are irritating my throat, but that’s necessary. I wish I could have water up front because I wouldn’t start sounding hoarse, but we aren’t allowed to without a doctor’s note that includes a specific medical reason. I’m not going to bother my doctor about a note during a pandemic, so I just guzzle on my breaks/meals if I get one.

A lot of people at my store and at my old store have taken the LoA. If I had a reason to, I would, because the anxiety and stress—mine and others’—is really getting to me.

Last edited:
The past few days, our store has had much less guest traffic than the norm. I don't know if this is typical of most Target stores around the country. Washington State is under a full stay-at-home order. Even with a few people out on LOA or so forth, there aren't the extra hours available we might have expected. The guests we do receive tend to bring pretty high sales-per-transaction, but other than having some of our SEGAs go help with cleaning in other areas of the store, it's just not very busy.
Things have definitely slowed down, but we have spikes during the day and we are surpassing sales goals. We have plenty of TMs who still want to work, so we have not felt a pinch as far as staffing.

I'm currently on a (planned) LOA which I have 2 weeks left. Just called my store today to confirm my return date. Have been OK thus far, but right about now is when I tend to get a mega bad sinus infection. Fingers crossed it stays away this year.

Two of our regular fulfillment are going on loa (one was planned months ago)

When sbux closed they sent a lot of the tms to work with us. I was doubtful at first but most of them are pretty competent at picking.

The etls on the other hand...

I was doing well until this past Sunday. I feel overwhelmed. Our store has stayed busy because people in my area are NOT following "shelter at home". Police are not enforcing "shelter at home". As SETL, I have somehow become the face of my store. The SD &ETL'S can hide in the office or on the salesfloor while doing SFS/OPU. SFS/OPU can hide behind their carts. Sales floor/inbound team members can hide behind their uboats; cashiers & guest service at least have the counter/belt between them & guests, the other SETL is helping/hiding with the ETL'S in other areas. I am in the middle of the race track, directing traffic, answering questions & dealing with guest service issues. I called out yesterday day to try to unwind after a crazy busy weekend. Let the SE ETL & other SETL deal with these people for a day.

My nose tends to run at Target. I don't think that the merch from China makes people sick. The front end team has been more or less fine, but the guest service team tends to share their cooties with each other.

My nose tends to run at Target. I don't think that the merch from China makes people sick. The front end team has been more or less fine, but the guest service team tends to share their cooties with each other.
Yeah, what is it with them? They are all up in each others' grills.

Back