Archived Team Members leading the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
during the winter we lost power at the store, and most of team called out including the majority of the Front end and the GSTL, It was only me and the Guest service worker, she had the walkie, I acted as breaker, we kept eachother's back for back up, and the LOD got the change when we needed it. we stayed pretty on top of it until the GSA came in to close. it was kind of out of necessity but we did it.

This happens on the flow team, and it can put the quasi-leader in a tough spot. They are expected to get results, but other TMs can become resentful. ie "Why is she telling me what to do?"

We used to have one in the backroom and we didn't have a TL either. Was like that for a couple years. Now we have a TL and they still want a BRA, but she's not having it. It doesn't help that this person is also expected to backstock all of soft lines by themselves.

I'm a PA and have pretty much become the new CTL.

I'm usually the only one on, so I never really get to lead a team. Sadface

#lonelyinPFresh
Same here...this was their plan...cut TL positions and make the people under those TL do the same job for less pay.

I ran the adset team for a couple of years and the flow team had a captain.
Neither of us were paid extra money for the position.

The gist of what I am reading here is after spot took away "specialty team members" "brand team members" reduced pay to be sales floor team members and cut staffing/hours the team realized there still needs to be focus and leadership and many have just taken on that role or had it handed to them because they have proven themselves to be dedicated and committed. I comment those of you who have done this but this is just what spot wants, you to do the job but not have the recognition, true title or pay for the hard work.

Yes I am feeling a little frustrated right now...can you tell

It really would be nice if they could bring back some of those specialty positions for the area's that need it, in the stores that need it.
I will say, though, if you're trying to promote, my few months as closing Tlod and added responsibility as a GSA made my team lead interviews MUCH easier to get through. I could answer to changes in conversion and speed scores, and had various experiences I could reference when answering interview questions. It showed through, too; our DTL passed me onto the bench before she left the store.

That's how the back room at my store is. We have one back room TL, and his time is split between back room and instocks now. At best, he's in the back room 2-3 days a week. Nobody was ever officially promoted/trained to make up for the lack of leadership, so whoever has been there the longest becomes the go-to guy for the day. Miserable.

I am not sure if any of you remember or not as this was quite some time ago ( years ago) at one time Spot did have positions they referred to as level 2's they were at the front end, Shoes, Jewlery, MMB ...these were team members who were the go to person if there wasn't a team lead or a level 3 ( as we use to call them) they were paid extra ....spot did away with that though quite some time ago.

This is Spot's way of getting people to lead without paying them. I've felt this frustration for six years, in various departments.. still haven't been promoted. I don't see it in the near future as they are doing what they can to cut costs. It's a good way to get hard workers to move on to other companies...

So I had to Mid-close market tonight as well as be the fill-in closing Team Lead for the store (for the first time ever).

At least I know that, that is probably as hard as it can get as a team lead, and it could only go up from there.

We finished 15k over our sales goal, and everyone got out at 11:20.

Last edited:
This is Spot's way of getting people to lead without paying them. I've felt this frustration for six years, in various departments.. still haven't been promoted. I don't see it in the near future as they are doing what they can to cut costs. It's a good way to get hard workers to move on to other companies...

This is very true and will ultimately be, what kills Target.

Great job Phish! That much over in sales would mean our closing team would all be on the registers all night. Last Sunday night we closed at 9 & did not get out until 11:30!

For closing we will have an ETL or SrTL & a TL or Brand TM. The TL or Brand TM will lead the zone. If an area, hard lines, softlines or market, doesn't have a TL or Brand TM someone is the "Zone Caption." That can mean many things depending on who is ZC & who is LOD. The level of responsibility the person takes on depends on the person. No one has to do it though. I've seen a more than a few people get really carried away with it thinking it was their stepping stone to glory. Uh...that's usually a no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back