• Thread starter PlanoDude
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlanoDude

I just found out today the person who trained me will be leaving, and my TL asked if I would be interested in becoming the team trainer. I agreed. Does anyone know if this comes with a raise? I didn't want to be rude by asking, but now wish I had asked, but i'm off for the next three days. I'm getting a new nametag with "trainer" printed on it. Also, any tips on training people for plano?

Didn't expect a raise, but it certainly wouldve been nice! I'm really excited to train new team members and teach them all the things I had to learn the hard way

No raise but count yourself lucky you get a shiny new nametag; my store seems to have abandoned those before I was hired. They also seem to have abandoned the concept of team trainers, at least for my workcenters.

No badges at my store either. Not for new Trainers anyway, some of the old ones have their badges still, but they haven't been given out in quite some time.

Been a team trainer in almost every area I worked.
No raise, as others have said, but you can set the standard for training your newbs.
Make sure you keep up on best practices & any process changes for your area.

They don't do it at my store either, it's not a term that's mentioned or used anymore. Part of me wants the badge, but the other half knows I'll get guests thinking I'm a trainee and I'd rather not deal with that stupidity.

My store also doesn't use the Trainer badges anymore. STL phased them out with some crap about how "all our team members are team trainers." Electronics TM still wears his, though.

I just got my badge after being a trainer for a year, I wear it all the time :cool:

We just had a big push to get all the trainers re-certified and our new HR TM ordered everyone trainer badges.

I can't train anyone because for some reason they get fired or quit. It's not my training but for some reason they have attendance issues, can't take it anymore because of the workload (backroom), can't get along with us BRTMs (we're a bunch of a-holes but a very nice, helpful TMs. We're still a-holes though), or they suck.

I'm freaking bad luck

I can't train anyone because for some reason they get fired or quit. It's not my training but for some reason they have attendance issues, can't take it anymore because of the workload (backroom), can't get along with us BRTMs (we're a bunch of a-holes but a very nice, helpful TMs. We're still a-holes though), or they suck.

I'm freaking bad luck

But I bet you know your job. And it's not you, it is who picks the losers you get to train.

I just got my badge after being a trainer for a year, I wear it all the time :cool:

We just had a big push to get all the trainers re-certified and our new HR TM ordered everyone trainer badges.

Certified?

Becoming a trainer consisted of them taking my picture and posting it on a wall, that was, uhh, pretty much it.

The quiz is a joke. Glad I didn't get a power point presentation.

I did get a badge. Some special folks got nice polos. And a stuffed spot, a bag and a pen. Lucky me just got a badge.

Didn't know there was a quiz for that. I got a photocopied handout 'congratulations on being selected as a trainer!' after I'd already been training the seasonal market guy for over a week.

Training for a week is nothing unusual, I'd trained 20-30 cashiers minimum before being made Team Trainer. And I think out of the people made Trainers I trained among the fewest people because I'd usually be at the service desk, and that's not the best place to train a newbie on their first day.

A whole week for training? What magical land is your store in? Training for flow and instocks at my store is one shift, maaaybe two of being paired with a "trainer" (as defined as a TM who isn't terribad) for your shift. After that, its a bit up in the air. On flow you're surrounded by people so you should always have somebody nearby for questions. Instocks? Oh boy.

We have a HR-TM who sometimes lets me know when new flow hires are coming in. I just smile, nod and thank her for letting me know because the chance of them actually being anywhere near me is slim. And I don't really seek them out because out of the TMs I've trained: two got fired, one is doing okay, one quit, one is not being let near flow anytime soon (I hope), another probably isn't coming near instocks anytime soon either and I'm probably forgetting somebody.

The quiz is a joke. Glad I didn't get a power point presentation.

I led the power point presentation at my store. Tried so hard to make it engaging and interesting. Lucky for me, the trainers were at least pretending to listen.
I would have paid attention, but I also would have been making lists in my head of stuff I could be doing and what order I needed to get it done in as soon as it was finished.

I was told they dropped the quiz. We mostly paid attention to the power point (just printed out copies no one kept) but we're more interested in the food.

I am a register trainer. there is no raise it is just a task to do. I enjoy training the new people, just remember to treat people the way you would want to be treated, I also ask the people I am training "tell me 3 things I did well on as your trainer and what are 3 things I could have done better with"

I just found out today the person who trained me will be leaving, and my TL asked if I would be interested in becoming the team trainer. I agreed. Does anyone know if this comes with a raise? I didn't want to be rude by asking, but now wish I had asked, but i'm off for the next three days. I'm getting a new nametag with "trainer" printed on it. Also, any tips on training people for plano?
No raise. Its just a unofficial title. And if something goes wrong, they can point a finger at you to say you didn't train the other TM correctly.

No raise. Its just a unofficial title. And if something goes wrong, they can point a finger at you to say you didn't train the other TM correctly.
oh I know.. I thankfully have a very good reputation and the management knows that I am very detailed with everything and making sure the new team member understands. I have never gotten in trouble for bad training... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back