Tell me why....

How do you still have a tub!? We were forced to scrap all of ours!
You were supposed to keep like 4-5.
Tell me why this was all unlocated on my aisle this morning. Train people before you let ‘em work in my department. 😪😪😪
Fufillment team. We saw a huge influx in unlocated product the same time the OPU and drive up order inflated

Dammit, I'm jealous! I'd settle for one measly open tub for hauling shelves into/out of the fixture room. Was told we could keep one for that purpose and then it disappeared without comment. Typical.

Fufillment team. We saw a huge influx in unlocated product the same time the OPU and drive up order inflated

Maybe. Maybe not. Fulfillment is often just an easy target for bad GMTMs to blame. I find a lot of unlocated shit that it would be almost impossible for fulfillment to be responsible for. My personal recent favorite was caxe mix. Delivered 4 days prior. Last sold 9 days prior. Salesfloor empty. Oh look there's a casepack, i.e. what was delivered 4 days prior, unopened in what is supposed to be a caseless backroom aisle just hanging out unlocated. Yeah, fulfillment didn't do that. Maybe ask the market TM why they didn't properly push their freight or backstock it correctly?

Maybe. Maybe not. Fulfillment is often just an easy target for bad GMTMs to blame. I find a lot of unlocated shit that it would be almost impossible for fulfillment to be responsible for. My personal recent favorite was caxe mix. Delivered 4 days prior. Last sold 9 days prior. Salesfloor empty. Oh look there's a casepack, i.e. what was delivered 4 days prior, unopened in what is supposed to be a caseless backroom aisle just hanging out unlocated. Yeah, fulfillment didn't do that. Maybe ask the market TM why they didn't properly push their freight or backstock it correctly?

Totally agree with this. There are multiple things affecting unlocated items. Fulfillment can be one of them, but a lot of what I see is other TMs not paying attention when backstocking. Especially new TMs who may not have been shown what to look for. Or who haven't been told not to hit "All Items Scanned."

They don’t need to interact with that item to unlocate it. A lot of fufillment team members are in such a rush they don’t scan all the items in the location before moving on if the item they need for their order isn’t actually there. If you’re finding entire locations aren’t located that’s the reason.

They don’t need to interact with that item to unlocate it. A lot of fufillment team members are in such a rush they don’t scan all the items in the location before moving on if the item they need for their order isn’t actually there. If you’re finding entire locations aren’t located that’s the reason.

Or......GM TMs aren't scanning every item if the item they need for their pull isn't there. But, let's say that it really is always fulfillment creating the issue. Ask the next question: why was what fulfillment needed not in the location it was supposed to be in??? That's a GM error. Maybe GM should locate and pull shit properly so it's not even an issue for fulfillment? Coach your DBO to do things right in the first place instead of bitching at the one team in the store who hates unlocated product more than any other team and has no incentive to intentionally create it.

I don’t think fulfillment is to blame in my case. (Perhaps occasionally) This has been an ongoing issue for months my ETL has yet to take any action on. We both suspect a GM...maybe two. It’s pretty easy to spot a lazy tm when it’s case packs with a repack label unopened thrown on a shelf, case packs crammed into a waco, products still wrapped in plastic. I’ve become an expert at guessing something unlocated before I even scan it. My store has the worst back room accuracy in our district.

Last edited:
Or......GM TMs aren't scanning every item if the item they need for their pull isn't there. But, let's say that it really is always fulfillment creating the issue. Ask the next question: why was what fulfillment needed not in the location it was supposed to be in??? That's a GM error. Maybe GM should locate and pull shit properly so it's not even an issue for fulfillment? Coach your DBO to do things right in the first place instead of bitching at the one team in the store who hates unlocated product more than any other team and has no incentive to intentionally create it.
Someone’s salty. I mean you can go both ways... I wasn’t blaming strictly fufillment, obviously everyone makes errors in the backroom it’s just human nature and Mywork glitching constantly. All I was saying is typically when I comes to training there is less focus on BRLA with fufillment TMs than with a GMTM who does it more often. A lazy fufillment TM is more likely to delete an entire location when pulling than a GM TM since one of these TMs has a clock counting down. Again not blaming any one person just saying the amount of errors and deleted product went up with more TMs picking than before.

Coach your DBO to do things right in the first place instead of bitching at the one team in the store who hates unlocated product more than any other team and has no incentive to intentionally create it.
THIS ^^^ I definitely agree. The whole reason all this stuff was found today is because I was helping a TM look for an unlocated item for her batch. I also occasionally am scheduled to pick which is partially why this behavior makes me that much more irritated.

Someone's being lazy, whether it's fulfillment or GM. We used to have a TM (in the old days before the DBO thing) who'd bring back more than half of a batch that one of the BR TMs pulled. "It won't go out, shelves were already full." BR TM would think, "Um, really? That many different things are off by that much?" and go check it out. Nope, floor TM was just being a lazy butt. Idiot.
So someone's not detrashing and back stocking like they should. Sorry.

Someone’s salty. I mean you can go both ways... I wasn’t blaming strictly fufillment, obviously everyone makes errors in the backroom it’s just human nature and Mywork glitching constantly. All I was saying is typically when I comes to training there is less focus on BRLA with fufillment TMs than with a GMTM who does it more often. A lazy fufillment TM is more likely to delete an entire location when pulling than a GM TM since one of these TMs has a clock counting down. Again not blaming any one person just saying the amount of errors and deleted product went up with more TMs picking than before.

Fair. I'll admit to being salty. I'm the fulfillment captain for my store. I'm just tired of my team getting blamed for every error and then when I go through the errors I find very few of them could have possibly been caused by fulfillment. But, as I tell everyone, if you find someone in fulfillment unlocating things in the backroom and can prove it, let me know. I'll get on that right away and shut it down. Unlocated items equal potential INFs. Can't have that.

How do you still have a tub!? We were forced to scrap all of ours!

The old ETL got word to sweep a bunch of flats back. I saw them going in the trailer. Pulled them out after the ETL left. 😉

Then they said they got the wrong information. Phew, we almost lost like 5 flats that day. Never give up equipment you still use.

I would have sure jealous if that had been a mission rack instead of a tub! What mistake to toss it. (Imo)

Back