Archived Temporary Team Lead Promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows how the temporary pormotion from a TM to TL works and if any interviews are needed for it, I ask this because we have 2 TL's going on LOA and I have never gotten around to the process, and reaching out has taken a while to get a reply.

Hello Everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows how the temporary pormotion from a TM to TL works and if any interviews are needed for it, I ask this because we have 2 TL's going on LOA and I have never gotten around to the process, and reaching out has taken a while to get a reply.

Yep... The whole interview process is needed. Store and District level interviews. If it is temporary, you will sit on the "team lead bench" after the fact.

Temporary Team Leads do not have to interview with the DTL. I interviewed after and got signed off. You need to do store interviews though.

Years ago I got asked if I was interested in running a team for 3 weeks while the TL was out of town. It was during break so I was able to do it. I never had to interview. Months later when my availability opened up I did have to interview for a TL posistion but it was so easy I was practically pushed through and got the job. I guess it depends on the store and now it might also be different.

its different now. they etls have to have a tl bench in place. you would go through interviews, get signed off, and be on the bench and thrown in the "big game" when tl goes on fmla, leaves, etc.

I get the whole "having a bench" thing so that the store can just plug in a new TL when they have a need for one, but at the same time, you can't interview for specific positions anymore. If you're "on the bench" you have to be ready to be thrown "anywhere" and that just makes the whole thing kind of unappealing.

i agree greydot. we all know what it's coming to... one stl, "srtl" type roles, less $$$, more BS. gotta be global.

after announcing that we had someone seek other opportunities, i was told i had to go to that position during the middle of a tl meeting. i had other tl come to bat and mention that i had small children and the schedule would not work for me before i could utter a word in response (i was slightly in shock--i thought they would've at least discussed it with me first). there is not a daycare in the entire county that opens at 4am. my etl said i had 2 weeks to figure it out, not his prob. now i pay 125/week for daycare, plus extra for an early morning sitter and if we work over. on a tangent... the shift diff helped offset those costs. thanks a lot spot! /end rant ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back