Archived Termed and unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend2828

Assets Protection- Gotta catch 'em all
I was terminated a couple of weeks ago for reasons that I disagree with and am suspicious of but regardless things are what they are. The unemployment office claims that Target is saying I was termed due to being absent on the day o was terminated despite me clocking into work and being told a different reason. I contacted HROC and asked for a record of my punches for that day and they have none despite me being clocked in by my etl as I came in early that day what should I do?

You could try logging into kronos and getting proof that way but I would lawyer up if you want to fight. I wouldnt hold your bresth though target doesnt term unless they have a pretty tight paper trail
Don’t have access to Kronos and even if I did HROC confirmed there are currently no punches in for that date despite me punching in. They can have whatever paper trail they want and I don’t care about the term but I do care if they are falsely stating that I was absent to fight unemployment

Don’t have access to Kronos and even if I did HROC confirmed there are currently no punches in for that date despite me punching in. They can have whatever paper trail they want and I don’t care about the term but I do care if they are falsely stating that I was absent to fight unemployment
If you were termed ,there is paper trail. No unemployment for you, sorry.
On the other hand , job market is hot, I wish you speedy employment.

If you were termed ,there is paper trail. No unemployment for you, sorry.
On the other hand , job market is hot, I wish you speedy employment.
Asking for advice regarding the company lying to employment and you act like an ass nice also I didn’t say I was disqualified for unemployment

Not showing up one day is not a fireable offense . You should ask more details .
I agree I can’t get HROC to give me anything else I’m trying to find out who I should go to. I don’t see how they can say I didn’t show up when I’m going to obviously be on the video showing up

Honestly I would seek a consultation with an employment lawyer (or whatever they are called) to see if you have a case. You cant fight spot on your own. Their paper trail takes forever to do because it is almost air tight when they kick you out. Unless you yourself documented every single step of your employment you probably wont win tbh. Cut your losses and move on to greater things.

I agree I can’t get HROC to give me anything else I’m trying to find out who I should go to. I don’t see how they can say I didn’t show up when I’m going to obviously be on the video showing up
Hrpb. Is not like they gonna erase the tape . So yeah.

Asking for advice regarding the company lying to employment and you act like an ass nice also I didn’t say I was disqualified for unemployment
Just to put things in context, and provide you better answers, what were the circumstances of your termination?

Chances are your not gonna get unemployment if you did clock in their records will say you didn’t.They change records all the time so they have don’t have pay overtime so who’s to say they didn’t do this. Besides you have no proof other than your word. They have nothing to prove in court you do. They don’t have give the tape of you clocking in in to prove it against them.

If you are under 90days, they can let you go for any reason.

I think OP started before I ever did (2015).

In that case, there has to be documentation of coaching and corrective action leading up to a Final. All documentation must have a reason for discipline, date, and authority. Your termination must have just cause in the documentation. You can try and request a copy of your HR record. But you might have to lawyer up and subpoena Target.

You should have the option to appeal the original findings. There is a specific time frame that is dependent on your state (don't ask, I don't know.)

There will then be an actual hearing that you need to attend with your documentation. If Target doesn't show up you may win by default.

If you were there and tou did punch the timeclock you can contact the DOL about not getting paid while you were at work.

Check if your state has a non-profit legal group called "unemployment law project". They have law school interns who can represent you on UI claims. There's a decent chance they could help you get UI. As for the termination, FYI you won't be able to sue Target in the courts because years ago Target had all TMs sign an "arbitration" agreement. You'd need to file a case in arbitration, kind of a kangaroo court ad most lawyers won't take arbitration cases.

Challenge the unemployment status.
I was performanced out on strict technicalities but they told the unemployment office I was fired for hostile insubordination.
During the phone hearing I read the TM of the month card I had received and GTC (Great Team Cards, for those who weren't around their) I'd gotten weeks before.
Spot didn't even try.
I got my unemployment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back