I'm Lost! Termed letter

Hi! So I was termed the other day (like I said on my previous thread) But I just received a letter today in mail about that case and I needed to pay something and I already paid it. But I just want to ask about the background checks in the future? Do you think it will get in the way? Btw, it’s not theft or anything, not even a criminal record. It’s a Financial loss and I already paid it but they just sent me a letter about it but I was just thinking about the background checks in the future. My ETL HR at target said that it won’t be on my records but I’m still confused

Last edited:
Hi! So I was termed the other day (like I said on my previous thread) But I just received a letter today in mail about that case and I needed to pay something and I already paid it. But I just want to ask about the background checks in the future? Do you think it will get in the way? Btw, it’s not theft or anything, not even a criminal record. It’s a Financial loss and I already paid it but they just sent me a letter about it but I was just thinking about the background checks in the future. My ETL HR at target said that it won’t be on my records but I’m still confused
Something tells me we didn’t get the entire story. Did you know the person you were giving the price change to? Also it is theft!!

All Target can provide future employers is you start and end dates. That’s not to say this won’t end up on a background check, just saying Target will not provide any specifics as to why your employment ended.

Something tells me we didn’t get the entire story. Did you know the person you were giving the price change to? Also it is theft!!
Yes, you didn't mention you paid restitution in your other thread. That is an important piece you left out of this puzzle. That also makes me question if you somehow you knew this guest, if you did know the guest were you also giving them your TM discount, did the Leader give you the OK on every price match or after so many OKs you decided to just do it on your own without getting an OK? If any of the above is also a missing piece to this puzzle, then yes it was theft and you were justifiably termed.

If you want to know if this will show up on a background check, call and ask the ETL-HR who termed you. They would know better than any of us here.

Good luck.

Re-read your other thread more carefully and came across this:

So there’s this person who always comes to my register and always does a pricematch, and I ask LOD’s EVERYDAY if I can do it and they said “yea just honor it” and she came to my register everyday and I got uncomfortable so I called a lead. She didn’t come back after that.

So, you asked a Lead "EVERYDAY" if you could do it but on this one occasion when you did, the guest didn't come back after that? What did the Leader say or do differently that time that the guest decided not to come back?

Yes, you didn't mention you paid restitution in your other thread. That is an important piece you left out of this puzzle. That also makes me question if you somehow you knew this guest, if you did know the guest were you also giving them your TM discount, did the Leader give you the OK on every price match or after so many OKs you decided to just do it on your own without getting an OK? If any of the above is also a missing piece to this puzzle, then yes it was theft and you were justifiably termed.

If you want to know if this will show up on a background check, call and ask the ETL-HR who termed you. They would know better than any of us here.

Good luck.
I paid the restitution when I left. And I don’t know this guest, and she doesn’t know my TM discount. She just always comes to my register and the lead always says “yes just honor it” and when I became uncomfortable, I called a lead and after that she didn’t came back.

No, I didn’t know the person. But she just always comes to my register and wants to do a price change

Re-read your other thread more carefully and came across this:

So, you asked a Lead "EVERYDAY" if you could do it but on this one occasion when you did, the guest didn't come back after that? What did the Leader say or do differently that time that the guest decided not to come back?
So when I called my lead the last time she went there, my lead did the transaction but I didn’t ask what happened. And after that she didn’t came back

Back