Archived Terminating Employment (Few Questions???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was offered a job that pays better than my target job (Backroom TM to Sales Floor TM and now moved to Cart Attendant) and presumably gives me a greater opportunity in my pursuit of a better career. I don't know who to speak to at this point, our ETL-HR is always hard to find, and i'm not sure if I should talk to our HR rep who is usually in TSC. Another issue is, I've never given a two week notice at any of my other jobs I've left in the past so I don't know if I should do it here and how to go about doing it with Target.

My other jobs were usually held during the summer and I just told a manager I was going back to school, and it was never a two week notice or writing a letter of some sort, but they never had problems with it. I don't want to take that same kind of approach with target, I want to be more professional about leaving, but I'm really not sure of their two week policy or if they have one and if I have to write a letter or just inform HR. I plan to go in tomorrow and give them notice because I'm scheduled to show up at the other job on Wednesday.

I am fed up with how target has been throwing me around to different positions and giving me no direction of what to really do. Even as a seasonal team member, I'm really liked by many of my co-workers I've met, by my backroom TL when I was in the backroom, and customers really like me. I was just going to stop showing up but I wanna be more professional and classy about this situation no matter the circumstances.

Any answers or advice is greatly appreciated, thank you all.

I was offered a job that pays better than my target job (Backroom TM to Sales Floor TM and now moved to Cart Attendant) and presumably gives me a greater opportunity in my pursuit of a better career. I don't know who to speak to at this point, our ETL-HR is always hard to find, and i'm not sure if I should talk to our HR rep who is usually in TSC. Another issue is, I've never given a two week notice at any of my other jobs I've left in the past so I don't know if I should do it here and how to go about doing it with Target.

My other jobs were usually held during the summer and I just told a manager I was going back to school, and it was never a two week notice or writing a letter of some sort, but they never had problems with it. I don't want to take that same kind of approach with target, I want to be more professional about leaving, but I'm really not sure of their two week policy or if they have one and if I have to write a letter or just inform HR. I plan to go in tomorrow and give them notice because I'm scheduled to show up at the other job on Wednesday.

I am fed up with how target has been throwing me around to different positions and giving me no direction of what to really do. Even as a seasonal team member, I'm really liked by many of my co-workers I've met, by my backroom TL when I was in the backroom, and customers really like me. I was just going to stop showing up but I wanna be more professional and classy about this situation no matter the circumstances.

I'd definitely get a hold of your ETL-HR or even your STL, to give your notice. The one thing I have seen, especially in this economy is people burning their bridges with previous employers. You never know you might want to pick up a part-time position with Target in the future. The right thing to do would be to give a notice. I don't know if you need to give a notice in writing, at our store we require it. However I don't know if thats a company thing or just a store thing. Good Luck in your new ventures.

If you can't locate your ETL-HR, ask your HRTM for a voluntary termination form & submit it. You should also notify your leadership (ETL & STL, if you can't talk to HR) & have a simple letter of resignation to put with your vol term form.
Because of how far out Target schedules, you need to give 2 weeks so they won't schedule you any further but you should attempt to work your remaining shifts. This will allow you to be reconsidered for rehire if the opportunity should arise.
If TMs in your area are looking for hrs, offer them your shifts but make sure they're approved by an ETL.
This is the 'classy & professional' way out.

Thank you both STLinMaking and redeye58. I feel it necessary to go out classy, considering I haven't felt like I have been much apart of a team lately and don't feel they really care what I do at this point. But that's life and that's the industry and many other industries out there. I don't think I will be able to work the 2 weeks but I hope they take into consideration I was a hard and dedicated worker even for only being there a month.

It would be a really good thing to try and fill the shift that you are unable to work,the advice given above is the best and you will be doing the right thing and not closing any doors because you never know what happens down the road,we already have a number of posts in the breakroom from former tms on how to overcome a non rehire status,better to avoid it if possible.You did not say much about your new job,a lot of companies hire this time of your and may pay over the odds but come jan it can all go wrong.I hope it works out for you,good luck.

If I were going to leave Target, I would probably inform my ETL-HR first, then my TL and maybe ETL. I'm really bad at goodbyes so I don't know how/when I'd inform the rest of the team.

If I were going to leave Target, I would probably inform my ETL-HR first, then my TL and maybe ETL. I'm really bad at goodbyes so I don't know how/when I'd inform the rest of the team.

If it's anything like my store within a day the entire store will know thanks to the rumor mill... I hate gossips.

Congratulations on your new job offer, I'm very happy for you. So sorry you didn't feel better treated and therefore felt leaving was the better option. Please remember to share all the information you can with Target about problems, issues, mistakes, etc. There is the Employee Relations and Integrity Hotline, Benefits.Feedback@target.com, Best Team Survey, and The Let Us Know Program, so share as much as you can during your Exit Interview.

I agree
Congratulations on your new job offer, I'm very happy for you. So sorry you didn't feel better treated and therefore felt leaving was the better option. Please remember to share all the information you can with Target about problems, issues, mistakes, etc. There is the Employee Relations and Integrity Hotline, Benefits.Feedback@target.com, Best Team Survey, and The Let Us Know Program, so share as much as you can during your Exit Interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back