Archived Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was termed because I got into a pretty heated discussion with my ex outside of work and I don’t work at the same store with her. My ex is a soft line tl- and after I broke up with her and left the store she continuously tried to ruin me next relationship but I let it go- I then was told she had sex with two very young (18) tms and was pissed because she attempted to ruin my relationship and kept trying to provoke me - yet she was breaking policy and sleeping with tms.
I was termed for “work place violence” we don’t work together and all I said happened outside of target. My ex still has her job- and both tms went to the the stl to confirm they did sleep with her.

Is this wrongful termination?

I was termed because I got into a pretty heated discussion with my ex outside of work and I don’t work at the same store with her. My ex is a soft line tl- and after I broke up with her and left the store she continuously tried to ruin me next relationship but I let it go- I then was told she had sex with two very young (18) tms and was pissed because she attempted to ruin my relationship and kept trying to provoke me - yet she was breaking policy and sleeping with tms. I was termed for “work place violence” we don’t work together and all I said happened outside of target. My ex still has her job- and both tms went to the the stl to confirm they did sleep with her. ...... Is this wrongful termination?
This sounds like a script from the long-running British soap opera Coronation Street. Whether it's "wrongful" termination is unknown, but at orientation you were required to agree to private arbitration if you have any employment disagreements with Target. You can't go to court. Many people believe private arbitration is rigged against the employee in favor of the employer, YMMV.

Nah, they can pretty much fire you for whatever reason they want, as long as it doesn't violate state or federal law (and there's nothing in this, that I can see, that would violate federal law, and most state laws aren't much better). Even if they did, it's almost certainly not worth pursuing. Litigation is expensive for you, and as jackandcat said, arbitration stacks the deck against you, and its highly unlikely you'd get much even if it were wrongful termination. This job isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back