Termination

If it’s actually a PIP, then it means very little. It takes a few PIP discussions before a corrective action, then a few more discussions before a final warning.

Also, companies are allowed to fire nice people if they do something that could get them fired. I don’t think there is any way for us to give decent advice without knowing a hell of a lot more information.

Do you need much more info? The "issues" are typical issues around department performance, etc. Several ETLs have been on leave during COVID over the last several weeks and he was not given support. Basically busted his A to keep the store together. THere has been NO known documentation of performacnce issues. No issues over compliance, no illegal behavior. It's really around department performance, which has been rocky during the pandemic.

Do you need much more info? The "issues" are typical issues around department performance, etc. Several ETLs have been on leave during COVID over the last several weeks and he was not given support. Basically busted his A to keep the store together. THere has been NO known documentation of performacnce issues. No issues over compliance, no illegal behavior. It's really around department performance, which has been rocky during the pandemic.
So your store is struggling and your DSD documented a minor discussion with your SD?

STL? Do you mean Store Director?

The buck stops with him when it comes to store performance. If he's been with the company that long, he may be set in his ways and struggling with how to implement new policies. Hate to say it, but sometimes being "super passionate" can be a negative. They have to hold their team accountable.

STL? Do you mean Store Director?

The buck stops with him when it comes to store performance. If he's been with the company that long, he may be set in his ways and struggling with how to implement new policies. Hate to say it, but sometimes being "super passionate" can be a negative. They have to hold their team accountable.
Yes a SD. What I'm really asking is, can they really get rid of him that quickly? This just doesn't seem right. And in the middle of a pandemic where everyone is working at 200%.

THere has been NO known documentation of performacnce issues. No issues over compliance, no illegal behavior. It's really around department performance, which has been rocky during the pandemic.
That you know of? Besides you just said it’s around department performance that alone means he is not doing his job and holding his/her Etl /Tl accountable. At the end of the day it’s his/her store and if it failing is because it starts from the top.

Yes a SD. What I'm really asking is, can they really get rid of him that quickly? This just doesn't seem right. And in the middle of a pandemic where everyone is working at 200%.
Yea it can happened. I had my former SD that was with target for 34 years . He was basically told either retire or you are fired .

Yea it can happened. I had my former SD that was with target for 34 years . He was basically told either retire or you are fired .
That happened to a store manager at my old job too, when the company changed how they did things. If folks can't adapt, then it's out with the old, in with the new.

That happened to a store manager at my old job too, when the company changed how they did things. If folks can't adapt, then it's out with the old, in with the new.
He was such a push back tho on everything . I remember when I transfer he told me to give him a call in a year when I don’t have a job . And I said how about you give me a call in a year when you lose your job. And to be honest I felt bad I said that because not even a year later he was gone and I was taken back by the dtl .

Target has always been known for performancing people out no more matter the level. I have had Execs who were older and seasoned Target Execs who were performanced out and then replaced with younger, hipper, and cheaply salaried rookie Execs.

his boss said that he has 30-45 days. That sounds like it is something to me.
Before getting fired or before moving to the next step? If it's before getting fired, then it's basically a final warning. If it's actually a PIP, then maybe the DSD is giving him 30-45 days to improve before they go to a corrective action or something.

Before getting fired or before moving to the next step? If it's before getting fired, then it's basically a final warning. If it's actually a PIP, then maybe the DSD is giving him 30-45 days to improve before they go to a corrective action or something.
He just said that the PIP is that if he doesn't improve within 30-45 days, he is axed. I guess it's a final warning but there wasn't even a first warning.

I don’t understand your concern with all this. If he/she is not doing their job is time to bring someone who can .
Confused about why you think they aren't doing their job? They are excellent at what they do. Either way, your comment was not needed nor additive to this conversation.

Back