Archived Thanksgiving day/weekend food in the breakroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza for overnight setup. Tamales, burritos, and black beans for Tday. Muffins, bagels, etc from market for Friday am... not sure what else. The quality has sure gone down over the years, though.

Jimmy Johns yesterday, Pizza Today and Mexican tomorrow. One of the ETL's also brought in Cakes and Donuts. I requisitioned Sodas, Juices, Water and Ice teas for the team all day yesterday and today.

Our menu for Thursday and Friday consisted of the annual catered roast beef sandwiches served on what had to be 3-day old rolls. For appetizers, we had what appeared to be a cheesy lasagna bake, followed by an unknown crumbly thing, and steamed baby potatoes.
Saturday is the usual paper thin pizza, of which all of the pepperoni will be eaten and there will be five untouched vegetable pizzas that will last for days.
Sunday we're getting hoagies, of which you may only have a half or else you'll be yelled at for eating all of the food.

I'm not sure about over the weekend but I can tell you from the beginning, meaning the overnight into the beginning of Thanksgiving day, we got a big fat bowl of "nothing" with a side order of aggravation"!! MMMM, just like mom used to make!! :p:po_O
I stand corrected y'all. We were given baked ziti with Meatballs and some salad. We were also given soda. Thank you Spot!! I'm grateful for the small things!

Overnight set up was pizza, Thursday was Panera and from the leftovers it seems like the Friday/Saturday teams had Pizza and Mexican.

All I know is my flow team got squat. Came in to old food and we never got anything fresh. One day they got us breakfast sandwiches and the market team took them. Yesterday there was nothing. Yeah we sure appreciate the fairness.

All I know is whenever food comes in while the flow team is in, its all gone by the time they leave. Their fair share and then the rest of the store's leaves with them.

All I know is whenever food comes in while the flow team is in, its all gone by the time they leave. Their fair share and then the rest of the store's leaves with them.

This is true at my store. Flow doesnt always get new stuff but the extra chips and soda are always gone. During daytime the old ladies always leave chips and soda for the overnight people but it never happens the otherway around.

Part of the reason we don't get food anymore.. When you watch them leave with entire pizza's, deli trays and gallons of ice cream you stop getting free food.

Part of the reason we don't get food anymore.. When you watch them leave with entire pizza's, deli trays and gallons of ice cream you stop getting free food.

That's baloney! Enough cameras in the store to know who is walking out with the food. Tell them to knock it off, write them up, and if need be fire someone. Once you make an example of someone, bad behaviors tend to stop. Theft is theft!

This is just a convenient reason for leadership to not take care of employees during one of the more stressful shopping weekends of the year.

That's baloney! Enough cameras in the store to know who is walking out with the food. Tell them to knock it off, write them up, and if need be fire someone. Once you make an example of someone, bad behaviors tend to stop. Theft is theft!

This is just a convenient reason for leadership to not take care of employees during one of the more stressful shopping weekends of the year.

I know this, you know this. but they would rather be cheap than actually you know do their job.

Wednesday night we got a local Italian restaurant to cater. Pasta and chicken and breadsticks. Thursday and Friday were subs. Saturday was pizza and sunday we had bagels and coffee.

Thanksgiving we had deli trays with Hawaiian rolls and assorted sodas to choose from. Friday we got Moe's. I was off Sat and Sun so I have no idea if any food was brought in then.

By the way , what I meant by a head is what one person would pay for an equivalent meal. Therefore if a catered meal cost $500 for a serving of 100 people, it would cost $5 if a person would be an individual meal from the restaurant that catered.

T-day through Friday we had BBQ that got cold and was never re-covered properly. Saturday was pizzas (and there was still BBQ in the break room... BLEGH!), Sunday/Monday was grilled cheese sandwiches that hung around through Tuesday (not quite as blegh as the BBQ situation, thanks to the fact that you were expected to cook it yourself, but still...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back