Archived Thanksgiving scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note - this was interesting to read. Guests will need cartwheel to take advantage of T-Day specials? Anyone else heard of this? Or did the reporter get it wrong?
Target's Black Friday starts now
They needed Cartwheel for the Black Friday preview deals, which ended yesterday. It was mostly some $35 video games and 60% off some of the beats.

My schedule makes me feel like I'll be living at the store for the week 48hours scheduled for the week and I pull a split shift Wednesday 8hrs in the morning and another 7 overnight and then open thanksgiving and work til the wee hours of the morning and then come back a handful hours later to work 12 more hours then another 10 on Saturday

@Mmoore1019 get ready to sell a lot of TVs. Last year we sold every single black friday TV we got in (nearly 50). Some are 400 dollars off and people wait all year to buy a new TV just for this coming day. Its madness but its fun! Glad i got black friday off now though.

Eh black friday is different. At my store you had to ask for availability ahead of time. Regular availability went out the window.

That said it sounds like your stores HR did not communicate that ahead of time and I am sorry about that. They messed up.

Yeah they messed up & have managed to upset a lot of team members. Grey Thursday is going to be EXTRA salty at my store!

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine

He's right though. This is retail, and 11 hours between shifts is fairly normal, if not decent considering this is the busiest time of year and others will have it much worse. I have gone as little as 6 hours between shifts before (now if you had said 6, I'd be more sympathetic). Suck it up or find another line of work.

He's right though. This is retail, and 11 hours between shifts is fairly normal, if not decent considering this is the busiest time of year and others will have it much worse. I have gone as little as 6 hours between shifts before. Suck it up or find another line of work.

They DO have to give you 8 hours off between shifts.

I mean 6 at my current job. But yeah, for Spot they give you 8. I think the 8-hour rule should just be a federal law.

I agree 8 hours should be the MINIMUM you have between shifts. I know some people work with less time between shifts voluntarily,

I agree that 8 is not enough. I'm not one who can just fall asleep when I get home. I need to unwind. I'd say 10 might be enough.

I've already told them I need 14 hours between shifts or I'll be calling in late. I have nerve damage in my foot and it frigs up my sleeping. In 10 hours of "sleeping" I will only get 6 or 7 hours of real sleep.

Whew, that I can handle! Hope I get the hang of removing spiderwraps before then.. I'm so bad at those. Always feel like a complete fool when I encounter them.

A lot if stuff normally wrapped won't be for black Thursday. It moves so fast not worth the time to wrap and unwrap it.

He's right though. This is retail, and 11 hours between shifts is fairly normal, if not decent considering this is the busiest time of year and others will have it much worse. I have gone as little as 6 hours between shifts before (now if you had said 6, I'd be more sympathetic). Suck it up or find another line of work.

Hmm...another ray of sunshine. Excuse me for being blindsided when my schedule has been the exact same for 14 months with no changes, not even last Thanksgiving and they don't give me a heads up. I Just come here asking advice, no need for the attitudes. Many people answered my questions without one.

Split shift wednesday 6am to noon then back 4-230am for setup then 3-12am thanksgiving and back at 5am to open the receiving dock

Holy shit! I'm off on Thanksgiving, but 8:30 to 5:30 on BF. As far as I can see, there will be only two people in Cafe - and that is wack. We need at least three, and have had four before.

I'm thinking NO caramel popcorn.
aaf_shifty.gif

So it looks like I'm scheduled as an LSA. I tried asking around, but didn't get a concrete/consistent answer. Just a vague impression of dealing with lines? anyone know what LSA stands for?

So it looks like I'm scheduled as an LSA. I tried asking around, but didn't get a concrete/consistent answer. Just a vague impression of dealing with lines? anyone know what LSA stands for?
Usually making sure people know where the back of the line is and answering questions outside the doors. Could also be letting in waves of people at a time.

Usually making sure people know where the back of the line is and answering questions outside the doors. Could also be letting in waves of people at a time.

Wonder how irate people will get about being in line. I've been assigned LSA in electronics.

It may seem weird but I'm trying to pick up 6 additional hours that week since Thursday won't count to the normal 40. My feeling towards it is my family has only had Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving once in the last 25 years so to me thanksgiving is just another day. The real meaning is being thankful for what you have. I'm thankful for my job and because of it I'm able to pay bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back