Archived The 20% off coupon storewide

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few exceptions ( bose,apple etc ) , but my question can you use your team member discount / red card with it? If so it would be a cool 31 % off !
I am pretty sure you can't use the prescription reward one !
If so,I will run to the next state over ( only a 35 miles ride ) since they do not have sales tax on food! Ours is a whopping 10%!

You should be able to use TM discount because the 20% is a coupon. What state do you live in where you have sales tax on food? I was under the impression it was federal law that tax was not to be imposed on food items. Guess I was wrong.

Just a quick question about this coupon. Do guests get these coupons because of how much they spent on a transaction. For example, if they bought Beats, iPad, iPod, or anything expensive, a prompt showed up on the register to hand them a coupon.

Also, are these coupons just for guests? I would never just take a coupon like that and I haven't, I was just curious if each team member got one or if it's the same policy for team members where for team members to receive a coupon, they would also have to purchase a certain amount as a guest.

Our store didn't really talk about the coupons, so I was wondering, thanks!

Guys, it's if you spend $75+ When the sales transaction is complete, a screen will pop up before the receipt prints out that says if you should give it out or not, then you hit clear and the receipt prints. That is how you know if you should be giving them or not. Also, at my store people were trying to steal them, so make sure if you go on break you hide then and don't leave them in a visible place.

Someone missed a stack at a register this morning... I took them from the cashier and then gave them to the GSTL. It isn't that I didn't trust the two cashiers - but I don't know them, and I know that I wasn't going to do anything with them.

I bet that sounds as bad as it sounds?? But two of them were trying to figure out why the other didn't have them, and when to give them out... it was better for me to hold them.

I didn't spend more than $9 yesterday so I didn't get one - which is good, i'm now broke!

But they were well received by the guests we had that got them.

I found out mid morning that our electronics people hadn't even been handing them out! No idea why...apparently it was just easier to ignore the prompt than to hand the guest a coupon??? I told my GSTL who went over there and banged some heads together, which I think solved the issue.

Also, we got an urgent news that we were just supposed to give them out yesterday, not let people redeem them. *facepalm* I mean, really?

Used it tonight and I can confirm:
-It works with TM discount
-It works wit Pharmacy Rewards
-It works with Cartwheel
-It works with other coupons
-It works with RedCards
-It works with gift cards

Basically, this is a miracle coupon. Take advantage of it!

Used it tonight and I can confirm:
Basically, this is a miracle coupon. Take advantage of it!
Wish I could but...

1. I don't have one.

2. I'm broke after Thursday shopping trip!

Glad it works with everything though - I was surprised for some reason that the 30% off two video games coupons I had worked on the Infinity!!

Also, we got an urgent news that we were just supposed to give them out yesterday, not let people redeem them. *facepalm* I mean, really?

We got that too; the goal of the coupons was to get the one-time shoppers and people who were only in for the black Friday deals to come back and hopefully get them to become loyal guests, which is why it was for the week after.

Last edited:
I'm excited about this because I have a pharmacy rewards and a 10% off an electronics item. Merry Christmas to me!

My etl had purchased some big items & saved 100.00 after all coupons, discounts, & red card.

I'm going tonight to get groceries, do all my christmas shopping, and get a few things for my house that I need. I've been saving up, watching cartwheel, and clipping coupons. I'm hoping to save at least 150 dollars. The item I'm buying for my Husbands and Mine joint christmas present is also on a pretty good sale this week so that'll help!

Also, the store up the street from us has been telling guests all day they couldn't use their 20% off coupon and then we have angry guests coming into our store yelling at us. It was a fun day!

I'm going tonight to get groceries, do all my christmas shopping, and get a few things for my house that I need. I've been saving up, watching cartwheel, and clipping coupons. I'm hoping to save at least 150 dollars. The item I'm buying for my Husbands and Mine joint christmas present is also on a pretty good sale this week so that'll help!
I had been saving gift cards, a couple of coupons, and some cash in an envelope. It all worked out on Thursday night - my out of pocket was slightly under my budget, and I got everything on my list plus a few extras!!!

The 20% off would have been nice to have on top, but I think I saved more with what I had and the 2 day prices. The only thing I could have done differently was the kids iPad Mini i got on the trade-in thing a couple of weeks ago - but they needed it THEN since I stole their iPad 1 they use for school! LOL!!

So even though the GC & cash were still money I spent - because it had been sitting in that envelope for over a month it mentally didn't count. :D

Also, the store up the street from us has been telling guests all day they couldn't use their 20% off coupon and then we have angry guests coming into our store yelling at us. It was a fun day!
WHY?!?!?!?!

Why would they tell them that? It is clearly good all week....
Exactly.

Last edited:
i honestly have no idea why they did that. After the 3rd person i called up there to speak to their GSTL and they acted like I was a moron. I then asked for the LOD and sat on hold for 10 minutes and hung up. When the 5th person came in I called back and asked to speak to the STL and got our DTL on the phone. (that STL got fired today because her mismanaging of Black Friday was the last straw but I didn't know that when I called). The DTL flipped out because it's just one more thing that's a huge issue at that store.

Apparently our STL is going to split some time between stores because we have such a strong ETL team and our store is going to try and get that store back on track. They currently have 36 NON-seasonal hiring needs....

How can things get that bad and not be noticed by district/corp???

shouldnt a huge number of things be in the tank? Surveys, sales, payroll being low....

How can things get that bad and not be noticed by district/corp???

shouldnt a huge number of things be in the tank? Surveys, sales, payroll being low....

oh it's all bad. This was just the last straw. She had only been an STL for a year and she came from our store as an ETL. All of us TL's and the ETL's knew it was a terrible idea that she was promoted to STL but we have no say. We all had a good laugh today when it turned out that bad.

They are actually doing pretty good in payroll because they have no one to work. All last month they were paying people OT from other stores to go work there. I heard that they saved 1700 hours in payroll last month because there is just no one to work.

Wow...just...wow. We have an ETL like that, who is apparently on the bench for STL. We all know she will crash and burn, but we're just so damn excited to get her out of our hair, that we can't help but be excited for her.

The one thing I wonder is, if 20% isin't much to Spot, why can't they give us a better Team Member discount?

anyone have experience with employee discounts at other stores? only other one I can remember is a crappy grocery store nearby would give their employees a couple 5% off coupons every shift. Is the 10% Target gives us lower, higher or on par with average?

The one thing I wonder is, if 20% isin't much to Spot, why can't they give us a better Team Member discount?

anyone have experience with employee discounts at other stores? only other one I can remember is a crappy grocery store nearby would give their employees a couple 5% off coupons every shift. Is the 10% Target gives us lower, higher or on par with average?

When I worked at Kohls we got 10% on hardlines (strangely enough shoes were included in hardlines) and 15% in softlines. The best employee discount I ever received was the 40% I got when I worked at a drycleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back