Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the switch from RF apps to Web apps make a difference?

Can you subt9999 if there's other locations?

You can SUBT9999 if there is other locations but it's not necessary, you should just use STO items with existing locations. Items that don't have existing locations, you should use SUBT9999 only if you're sure it's 100% backstock.

@mrknownothing, @The Dude Abides, @Backroom81, and whomever else said using SUBT9999 w/o using STO 1st doesn't cause errors, you were RIGHT. I wanted to test it out again and there was no errors from the test.

This is good to know, I currently have my PFresh team using this method and backroom day team but it would take the flow team forever to SUBT9999 all of their backstock. And it's not like every single thing they backstock comes out in the CAFs but the problem is you don't know what will come out and what won't. I'm working on getting them to at least SUBT9999 SPL backstock and MMB TNT.

Does anyone have their flow team use SUBT9999 for their backstock or does anyone out there have 12pm CAFs consistently under 1 hour??? If so, how so??

Spot reconfigured how our cafs dropped...they did away with the 12 cafs. They now start at 1...with the biggest cafs being the 3cafs. Now the cafs ( at least ours) are more fill group specific for certain hours. ie, you may only have 12 batches per hour but the batches will be heavier....and certain fill groups only pull on certain hours. Your flow team does their own b.s.? We cant even get our pog team to do their bs.

@tgtguy The reconfiguration you're describing is only for ULV stores, right? My store still has CAFs from 11-5.

When I say flow, I mean overnight backroom team and our POG team back stocks sometimes but usually it the ovn. backroom team who does it.

I would kill for heavier batches with fewer fill groups. It's much more efficient to pull a single batch with 10 DPCIs than it is to pull 10 batches with 1 DPCI each. Some batches shouldn't even drop at all during the day as pulling them is a waste of time. Bake, deli, pro1&2, cosm, most of softlines outside of shoes and infants are almost never higher than 2 DPCIs at my store even though they only drop once or twice a day.

Hell, going back to the old 1, 3, and 5 schedule would be great too. Sales floor has an extra 2 hours to do their thing before the pulls start dropping. The batches are larger but much more efficient to pull since you're pulling the batches half as often and usually sending out more eaches rather than pulling the same DPCI multiple times. There's less travel time involved with going to the aisle and staging the pulls. etc. etc.

I sometimes work backroom after my flow shift. When I get back from lunch at 12 I usually backstock until I leave at 2. There has been a couple of times that dayside has asked me to help pull batches, I have no problems doing it. More often than not I'm rushing to get vehicles clear so that dayside has a place to put their pulls. I also try to collect all of the trash and run it over to/put it in the compactor ~ 15 minutes before my shift is over.

yes, we are a ulv store. I also, have a question, for all of the backroom team leads/ team members . Who does the sda and the other audit for the backroom at your store?

The store I used to work at the 7am opener took care of the sda and audit.

Ok, that's how it works in my store....I had heard that the backroom tl was suppose to be doing the audit...but I didn't know if that was true or not . I will admit I find the audit to be a pain in the hiney

@mrknownothing, @The Dude Abides, @Backroom81, and whomever else said using SUBT9999 w/o using STO 1st doesn't cause errors, you were RIGHT. I wanted to test it out again and there was no errors from the test.

As Formina Sage said earlier in the thread, Spot prefers that you STO first because it filters out clearance, MIR items, wrong fillgroup, etc., but not STOing first won't cause an error.

Someone at my store put up a sign saying not to use SUBT9999 because "it causes errors" and that anyone who does so will be written up. Unless we have serious problems with our flow and instocks processes, it sounds like my backroom TL isn't a member here.

What does everyone's backroom morning team do after dayside gets there? I've been having an issue where the morning team is ONLY doing backstock until they leave at 2:30. Cardboard, instocks, CAFs (no matter how large), EXFs, Flexible Fulfillment, that all gets left to dayside. When 12 pm rolls around and the pulls are 3 hours, sorry, but I'm going to need some help with those. And yet, every single day, I have to get on the walkie (or borrow one, because our SFT can't be bothered to send back the 10 broken ones sitting in the equipment room), and ask the morning team for help, and every day I get pissy sighs about it. Honestly, you know they're going to be huge, everyone should just jump in at 12 and get it knocked out so we can ALL get back to backstocking. The 1s or 2s, yes, I can see leaving those for dayside, though they've been big enough lately that I have needed help to get them done in time (god, massive OFCE pulls can just go straight to hell).
We don't really distinguish between dayside/morning. Sometimes our daysider comes in and just back stocks until 3 o'clock and us morning people grab everything else. Just depends on what needs done and who is there. Always though we have at least 3 people on the 12s.

yes, we are a ulv store. I also, have a question, for all of the backroom team leads/ team members . Who does the sda and the other audit for the backroom at your store?
a daysider and myself (morning backroom) handle just about all of the audits. SDA is usually the lod. Sometimes we grab it.

a daysider and myself (morning backroom) handle just about all of the audits. SDA is usually the lod. Sometimes we grab it.

Wait, your LOD does the SDA?

what the frick.

My "team" hasn't even been finishing their pulls. Actual pull time is in the 20 and 30 minutes too. I don't see how the ETL doesn't see that.

I am also a ULV store.
The Backroom Teamlead is SUPPOSE to do the audit, but almost every store has the team members do it.
LOD is SUPPOSE to do the SDA, but at our store LOD does the salesfloor SDA while backroom does the backroom SDA.

If I am opening, I pull the 7:30's and the 9. Then I go right into the backroom SDA(usually just a few items, real quick). Head to Break then crank out the audit

Came in at 3:30 and there were 2 OFCE CAFs in the gun. That's weird I thought. Pulled the one with the higher number first. Not bad. Started the other one. Holy mother of god! I eventually gave up because I had to do a my FA, then switched guns. Checked RWT after the 4's. My BR team had decided to not pull the OFCE CAF a single time!
Say sweet dreams to a good backroom score.

Yep. Next day it was OFCE and all 3 toys. Yesterday, it was OFCE and whatever else was big. I always try to pull them at 4 and then pull them at 5, but it sucks because I have to work the 5's. I'm sure what they do pull, they burn.

I also had 50 DPCIs in a WMNS pull. All unknown quantities. I'm pretty sure the person pulling before me just entered a higher quantity than was in the location. STL thinks they were legitimate baffles. I find that hard to believe since it was every item in a pull.

I also had 50 DPCIs in a WMNS pull. All unknown quantities. I'm pretty sure the person pulling before me just entered a higher quantity than was in the location. STL thinks they were legitimate baffles. I find that hard to believe since it was every item in a pull.
That totally happened to us, too! But it wasn't a baffle or even a quantity error. For whatever reason, a ton of women's shirts, when backstocked, did not have us enter a quantity. You know, like some PAPR or water? Where you just scan the location label and *beep*, it goes back to the STO screen? It was weird. There are some softlines that were like that, but yeah, it was like 50 different shirts. And then they all wanted to come back out in the CAFs.

Has anyone noticed that locu might not be working anymore?

Oh please, Spot no! Take away the update feature in STO, remove the Toggle button, I don't care! But for the love of all that is good...

f4JR4LN.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back