Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're switching to BR working pulls soon. I'm okay with it as it means less time to backstock. I'll still complain about it though.

I am so sick of setting the line. It legit takes me an hour every night because no one gives a fuck about clearing it.

Then they have me just wheel everything out and put it in front of the TV wall. Cause that looks great for guests while they shop.

There were 29 others he could have pulled first.

Is it better to have 1 go over or 29?
It depends on how the CAF timeliness metric is calculated, I guess. If it only matters that batches rolled without taking into account the quantity, it doesn't really. The person could theoretically double back at the next hour and do seasonal last and combine their pulls over the 1s or 2s or whatever.

I'm kinda curious.

10 pallets and 11 vehicles blocking the entire TV wall and parts of entertainment. Good luck selling TVs the guests can't see. Not like those are high priced items which well help sales.

Today was probably the worst day of the year for me at Target this year. Just an epic fail of epic fails. Gather around. Okay the story begins at noon when I clock in and head to the back to pull the always fun and gigantic 12pm CAF batches. I get told from the always "funny" team lead that tells me that my help is going to not help me with the research batches and CAF batches for the 1pm and 2pm hours. My response is "okay, well I will do my best but if it's that way I will still probably be pulling research batches at 6pm". Unfunny team lead says "we gotta get some of this backstock so you're gonna have to hussle and get these pulls done yourself".
The same unfunny team lead thinks it would be a cute idea for the two meat team members to go to the dairy cooler and backstock tons of back stock. For 2pm, I have 32 DPCI for the dairy cooler. 32 DPCI for dairy at 2pm on a Tuesday? Are you fucking kidding me? I was pissed as hell. I've got 5 team members in the dairy cooler back stocking tons and tons of dairy shit and making tons and tons of busy work for me. I went off. I can't stand FDC, instocks, or anyone that fucks my process of pulling the CAF batches. Just for once, I'd love to have them pull some CAF batches and see how they like it after I back stock a full tub of dairy or meat shit. For the 3pm pulls, I had 24 DPCI in the dairy. I had 16 DPCI at 4pm. Just ridiculous and a waste of time. The 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm CAF batches took me on average 50 to 55 minutes each hour. I still had about 7 research batches when I got back from lunch which was close to 620pm.

Is the story holding your interest? If not, the fun part is about to happen. The bubba that was the closer in the backroom on Monday either forgot to pull the price change batches or didn't want to pull them. Translation: I got to pull Monday and Tuesday price change batches on Tuesday night. I didn't finish pulling the research batches until 7pm. I started pulling 17 price change batches at 7pm. There were like 8 POG batches in the PDA but I left them. Fuck POG batches. I didn't get done with the price changes until 930pm. I also cut the skin of the cuticle part of my right index finger while pulling price change batches but I didn't give a shit and waste time getting a bandaid. It bled and dried up. I didn't clean off my finger until after I clocked out.

I just wish for once that this shit would happen to someone else in the building. I would love to go on vacation and not work on a Tuesday in which both the freezer and dairy cooler were cleared out in price change batches. That would be funny. To see how someone else likes it.
I was going to type up a note and leave it for the team lead but I didn't. I'm tired of catering to ungrateful dumbass bosses that don't give a shit about me. I don't give a shit if a ton of backstock was left. You fucking backstock it.

Today was another sign in a long series of signs that I need to get out of this nightmare that is retail and Target.

This cartoon pretty much sums up how I'm treated in the backroom. I get to clean up the whole fucking park because...
I have the majority of the workload thrown on me and then bad shit after bad shit happens to me.

It's been a rough week in the backroom. I think flow is getting hours cut because went over payroll last month so the the backroom is a complete mess. We're talking pallets full of merchandise left on the line and the fire aisle, backstock everywhere, the coolers being a complete mess, and no carts.

Oh yeah and price change sucked yesterday. Had to pretty much clear 3 pallets full of tea and tonic water.

Poor Humphrey. I was told to come clean in the backroom last night. I didn't start backstocking until 7:30 and I got off at 8. Do they not understand the other work that we have to do? I can show them on RWT.

Anyone having connection issues with just the RF app? My brtl tried to mysupport it but gave up and I'm wondering you guys can help.

@ Jack
I've had that problem many times during my time with Spot. Many a times a TL/ETL/LOD doesn't understand best practice because their idea of a solution is backstock it all, no matter the task at hand. If I pull research and EXFs, it's going to between the first 5 hours of the store opening. After that, that workload can wait until the next day. Pulling it later in the day is unnessary additional work that salesfloor has to work out. No guarantees that they'll check all locations. Possibility to backstock and pull it again. No point. If there is too much backstock, the morning crew and overnight team must be need to work diligently and held accountable. If one team messes up, it affects the others. A bad TL should not be leading.

As for FDC, if there is a flux of merchandise, it needs to be worked out completely to not mess up the accumulator. Backstocking low/empty merchandise will cause the pulls to be huse all the time. If the merchandise has been worked, but is still coming out large, the merch. must be backstocked via SUBT-9999. I've seen that many times. Heck, the O/N team at my store refuses to pull their autofills in those departments because it "too cold." We provide durable gear. I've backstocked and pulled large batches by myself easily.

POGs should have been done by the early crew. I make sure POGs are pulled before the mid-shift leaves for the day. Otherwise, it's hard to complete the closing process. If O/N or POG team can't pull the daily batches, they will drop out of the POG list and into the pulls 1-2 days after, also increasing it.

;) I know your grievances/pain all too well.

Today, the TM in Day BR called out. I come in earlier before the store opened to cover the shift. Had to clean up after O/N in the main and receiving. There was nobody scheduled as a midshift until 2 pm. The day saw a decent sized workload. BTS Pulls and Flexible Fulfillment was a pain in the ass to deal with, considering the limited time and resources. Salesfloor couldn't keep up. We also started the Ship from Store process. Pulled a 10 hour shift.

Anyone having connection issues with just the RF app? My brtl tried to mysupport it but gave up and I'm wondering you guys can help.

Yeah, I've had some general connection issues with a couple PDAs. Some of them had firmware updates. Others had limited connection with the wireless system. Sometimes RFApps will freeze and log out, even when actively using it.

I am just getting to the point where I've had it with so much of the bullshit that I see in the backroom. I get treated like a farm dog. There are 4 or 5 lazy assholes back stocking tons of back to school shit or grocery crap and I'm pulling everything or the majority of it in the CAF batches. First off, why do ALL of them need to back stock? You're gonna tell me that one of them can't help pull some research batches, EXFs, or POGs? I just hate hypocrisy of it. All of this talk of a team and that is bullshit. If you work in early morning backroom, yeah you get to work with a so-called team and can coast and take it easy. Because you're not timed on tasks and can camouflage yourself in the group and go with the flow. If you are backroom day, you are constantly moving and have a dozen tasks to do at one time within a time frame. If you are backroom day, you can't coast and slow down. You don't get a choice. You have to be constantly moving.
When I say I get treated like a farm dog, I mean it. I bust my hairy butt while others do nothing. I'm not stupid. I know I've been taken advantage of. I'm the only person that will stay past schedule to finish price change batches. No one else will stay till 9pm or 10pm to make sure the price change batches are done. A couple of months ago a dumbass working one night didn't finish the price change batches because "it was time to go and he had a tummy ache". Boo fucking hoo, you big lazy baby.
Stupid lazy backroom team lead telling me "you are expected to have all price change batches done before you leave every night". And I say "what if I have a health emergency or family emergency". The clueless backroom TL says "doesn't matter, you have to hustle to get them done because so and so will chew me out in the morning if they aren't done". FUCK YOU. I don't give a shit if you get chewed out. You don't give a shit about me and I don't give a shit about you.

Lately, I say things out loud when I'm mad so other backroom team members can hear them. I don't care anymore. I've been saying that shit because I want them to feel bad and uncomfortable. They are giving me more work right before they fucking clock out for the day. I have ZERO sympathy for them. I want to do them the way they do me. I've been saying a lot lately "I am the puller of back stock" or "I'm a back stock puller". I've also been saying "okay, let's see how much back stock I get to pull" and "what all did you back stock for me". I don't care. I want them to hear it. I want it to annoy them so they will change their ways even though they won't because they're fucking lazy assholes.
Either don't back stock at all or back stock the right way.
The right way during the CAF batch hours 11am to 5pm = STO and SUBT999 or just SUBT999
Some people think I make this shit up but nope it's all true. If you saw the things that I have seen at the store I work at, you would probably get whiplash from shaking your head in disgust. The dumbasses don't even look at their PDA screens when they back stock. How do I know this? I've seen them do it. And with numerous mistakes I see when I'm pulling batches, it doesn't take a genius to see it. Deli in the dairy cooler. Meat freezer stuff in the main freezer.
Dollar spot stuff back stocked in candy. Let's not forget how they back stock too similar items with different DPCIs under one DPCI. Just laziness and stupidity.

I will be so glad when I'm free from this shithole company that is Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to clear the gun every night and not backstock. Then they told me to only pull price change. I think I might go back to pulling.

RF apps will lockup pulling batches or when we change a battery etc. I had a brand new pda but rf apps frozen up 7 times after I swapped out batteries. Everything else works and seems to be only a rf apps issue.

RF apps will lockup pulling batches or when we change a battery etc. I had a brand new pda but rf apps frozen up 7 times after I swapped out batteries. Everything else works and seems to be only a rf apps issue.
When you change batteries, turn off the PDA, then remove the battery.

Does anyone know where I can find information on workbench about proper pallet use? Particularly what pallets are to be used when skying anything. Bonus: if that information requires any items skyed to be wrapped or banded.
Bonus 2: if it also says anything about skying items without a pallet. Yes, no, only certain items…

I need proof that using black plastic pallets in the steel is a no-no. Not wrapping items is a no-no and not using a pallet always when skying is a no-no. Best practices be damned in our back room.

Never works for me. Sometimes I'll get lucky and it'll go to a disconnect screen. Usually I have to soft boot.

We never use black pallets as they can tip if the weight isn't distributed properly. We wrap transition and soda pallets only really. We use the rubber bands sometimes but none of us have taken the class on using them, lol.

Does anyone know where I can find information on workbench about proper pallet use? Particularly what pallets are to be used when skying anything. Bonus: if that information requires any items skyed to be wrapped or banded.
Bonus 2: if it also says anything about skying items without a pallet. Yes, no, only certain items…

I need proof that using black plastic pallets in the steel is a no-no. Not wrapping items is a no-no and not using a pallet always when skying is a no-no. Best practices be damned in our back room.
We don't have to wrap everything. In Canada they did.

Wood pallets in the steel. Plastic pallets on the ground. Forklift & plastic pallet up high after several times being up there. A big safety issue in my book.
At my store, we have no plastic pallets up in the steel.

Yes. Wood pallets in the steel only. Plastic pallets are technically skids, that are to be used on ground level. Idk about Workbench, but there is some info on the web on proper pallet building and of course OSHA probably has some handbook or article on the subject.

I'm an advocate against black pallets in the steel. There's so many reasons against using them up there (9 points of contact only, not secured under forks to prevent flipping, those 9 feet can easily chip, and then get stuck in the steel...)

However, I want to see what sorta ISOs or written information Target supplies for their team members regarding such practices. Something official that I can print out and shove in my TLs faces and maybe get some safer practices in place. Our backroom is a scary joke.

Course, that's when the team even uses pallets in the steel. Can't wait until the WAVE dies for a couple days and then we'll see how well they enjoy pulling vacuums and baby seats with a ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back