Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our closer had to start wrapping the pallets and putting them up in the steel. There's just no where else to put it and the price change team is already weeks behind.

I haven't cleared any of the line in a week. The freezer and dairy cooler are lost causes. FDC is a joke. We will never get caught up on the back stock in the freezer and dairy cooler. I never get to back stock anymore. Just too busy with other shit. If I'm not pulling CAF batches, I'm pulling a FF order or tons of research courtesy of douchebag instocks. Just no down time at all.

TL;DR SFQ = SA 2.0 likely coming 2016
It was announced today that this goes live, chain wide, on 9/21! Super excited!

Yeah, but if anyone does it all willy nilly like, they'll find themselves in a very unflattering position.
In the bailer.
It's been mentioned that there's failsafes and fixes if someone goes all willy nilly. But, yes, some bailer loven will ensue for anyone that jacks up the capacities

Have you ever opened the baler to make a bale and had no bale wires? Closing the baler door when it's full is always fun. Yeah, I know that you shouldn't assume that bale wire is there but when you have an ETL hounding you over making a bale then you're not clearly thinking.

Last week I had a person on the pricing team come into the backroom on Friday and asked if her batch had been pulled yet. The problem was she had dropped it three days before and I'm guessing she didn't tell anyone about it. Is it stuff like that that affects the BR score for pull timeliness? What should I do about this, should I talk to a TL about her dropping batches and not telling anymore about them.

It was announced today that this goes live, chain wide, on 9/21! Super excited!

If that's true I'm a little surprised, when I was talking to the replenishment folks it was sounding like they wouldn't push it before freeze, love being out of the loop on my own project haha. But I suppose they can easily flip back and forth between the two with the nifty system we designed. It's pretty robust. Hopefully all goes well!

Have you ever opened the baler to make a bale and had no bale wires? Closing the baler door when it's full is always fun. Yeah, I know that you shouldn't assume that bale wire is there but when you have an ETL hounding you over making a bale then you're not clearly thinking.
I did that just today actually... had to throw my body against the door and with some tricky acrobatics, get the damn thing locked again.
Would not do again

If that's true I'm a little surprised, when I was talking to the replenishment folks it was sounding like they wouldn't push it before freeze, love being out of the loop on my own project haha. But I suppose they can easily flip back and forth between the two with the nifty system we designed. It's pretty robust. Hopefully all goes well!

This update means we won't have to burn CAF batches anymore correct?

Thursday Night Price change eta 3 hours
Cosm Bath Bed Dom

Finished Friday with 15 pallets

Man, I'm having a hard time figuring out if I was just slower than I ought to be while pulling CAFs today, or if they were just gigantic. How long does it usually take you guys, and how large are they usually?

The autofill system for pfresh needs a massive rework. Anywhere fom 80-90% of all pfresh autofills at my store are fucking backstock

Amen! The freezers and coolers at my store are lost causes. FDC is a massive failure. 6am start time? Are you kidding me? Just a recipe for disaster. Squeezing through the one and a half foot gaps in between tubs and the shelves or pallets and the shelves is always fun. My experiencing with the freezer being an obstacle course would definitely help me if I ever was a contestant on Survivor.

15 pallets? Your store must suck worse at sales than mine.

We do alright. I'm not involved with the Sales Records. I barely get involved with the team huddles which cuts into my logistics time.

That price change caught us off guard because we didn't anticipate it. Didn't have the update with the Pricing TL about it. We just got through the BTS merchandise.

Amen! The freezers and coolers at my store are lost causes. FDC is a massive failure. 6am start time? Are you kidding me? Just a recipe for disaster. Squeezing through the one and a half foot gaps in between tubs and the shelves or pallets and the shelves is always fun. My experiencing with the freezer being an obstacle course would definitely help me if I ever was a contestant on Survivor.

I used to work for FDC for close to a year. The 4 person crew comes in at 5am. They have to zone, clean, and re-stock (eggs and milk) before the store opens. The truck averages around 900 pieces for a Super. It 's not easy sorting the mixed up pallets before working out. Sometimes, they can't finish it on time before leaving. We just re-modeled our Dairy and Frozen rooms this year, so we have better room. Keeping the areas clean and updated is a pain in the arse to deal with, considering non-FDC people hate going in those areas. I have to keep a close eye on the Location accuracy.

Have to hold the teams accountable, if there is a reliable team.

Last edited:
I haven't cleared any of the line in a week. The freezer and dairy cooler are lost causes. FDC is a joke. We will never get caught up on the back stock in the freezer and dairy cooler. I never get to back stock anymore. Just too busy with other shit. If I'm not pulling CAF batches, I'm pulling a FF order or tons of research courtesy of douchebag instocks. Just no down time at all.

Yeah cause In-Stocks enjoys having to pull half the store out of the back room.. :rolleyes:

And then they bitch at you for asking "hey when are you going to put the last research batch of the day in the PDA".

Price change on flats? One of my biggest pet peeves. Why? Because price change goes in repack boxes that are on pallets. Don't waste flats and tubs for price change.

Price change on flats? One of my biggest pet peeves. Why? Because price change goes in repack boxes that are on pallets. Don't waste flats and tubs for price change.

We put it on flats because I am expected to push it as soon as I ticket it. I'm not putting it on a pallet when I am pushing it right out.

And then they bitch at you for asking "hey when are you going to put the last research batch of the day in the PDA".

If that is how your store does it, that backroom pulls batches. Then yeah "when are you going to pull it?" Cause we don't have PDAs anymore so no jumping in to help isn't as easy anymore. Though there have been many days I have borrowed or straight up stolen one to help backroom.

I don't pull things to be funny, I don't pull things to fuck you over. I pull things to fill the floor so we make money.

So we make money? Don't you make money no matter what the sales are? As long as you are on the clock, your pay per hour stays the same no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back