Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we pulled every single towel in the backroom for price change yesterday. Or at least it felt like it. 23 repack boxes.

I usually luck out with small price change batches on my closing shifts but not last night. Still finished well before my shift ended though.

Last edited:
That week we had the dairy transition and every single barcode was broken...love it.
Which week? The labels have been completely fucked from the Jefferson FDC for like 5 months now.

We had the ticketing problem for some time and for about a month the FDC sent case packs without labels while they figured a solution. Myself and another flow TM would print barcodes for backstock while working on the order. The labels finally started coming in dark about a week ago. We get our FDC from West Jefferson, OH.

We get ours from them too. It sucks when there is literally only 5 people on the entire flow team who know how to do it, let alone if at least three of them are there, there is someone willing to learn, if we have some equipment available to do it, if the printers decide to go fuck themselves..etc

So what's the word regarding MyDevices and BRLA? Our store decided to keep MyDevices out of the backroom for a few weeks and see what happens.

I feel like I haven't been getting much done when closing lately. We switched to 6pm cafs and the closers is scheduled from 12 to 8. This means from 12 to at least 7 we pulling cafs and price changes with flexes and guest pulls and breaks in between. After 7 I take my last 15. This knock out the caf bs to free up carts. All out closing lods are skinny females that can't pull down the trailer doors or lift cans into the compactor or make bails so I always have to stop early to start on that so I never get flows leftover bs done or even get into electronicscs or hba. Is this normal?

This year, we switched to the closer leaving at 8:30, use to be 10. Worked out OK in early year, now with winter shopping + 6pm CAFs, backstock gets done less than 1/3rd of the time. And TLs complain about it every other day like I can do anything about it. If you give me only 45 minutes to backstock in peak shopping months, it's not going to get done. Give us a mid or schedule the closers later. Not my problem.

We have to have a backroom TM scheduled until the store closes because of flexible fulfillment. Our order cutoff is too late to not have anyone scheduled.

At my store we leave about 3 hours before the store closes, and the LOD handles any orders after we leave.

So the same as regular FF but now we bring it out to their car...

what.gif

11 am CAFs - 9:38
12 pm CAFs - 10:08

Somebody did not tie and set their POGs or pushed properly. A lot of Christmas merchandise and shoes came out. Took us some time to bounce back. LOL.

Anyone else have people abusing curbside? We got people ordering checklane candy and toothpaste

Like come on
All of our early test runs by the DTL and family were for the lamest junk....same with secret shoppers in the next wave. So its dumb, but don't talk smack about it while delivering to the front end....it might just bite you in the ass. ;)

We spent an entire week pulling bags of bite sized Crunch bars. Every day the same person ordered one or two....

what.gif

11 am CAFs - 9:38
12 pm CAFs - 10:08

Somebody did not tie and set their POGs or pushed properly. A lot of Christmas merchandise and shoes came out. Took us some time to bounce back. LOL.
Its even more painful when you see it happening cause they are "your team" and resistant to suggestions to do it right "for the good of the store vs the good of the tm" So much stupid crap because they don't backstock, or pull (much) or research behind the set....makes me want to lock them in the fixture room.

Ugh.

So it's been confirmed that we have a new BRTL, after not having one for a few months.
Buuuuuut, they got promoted from GSA. With no backroom experience what-so-ever.

I was talking to them today, and they mentioned wanting to make big changes. But seeing as I spent far too much of my day showing them how the backroom even works, this worries me.

I mean, they can't be much worse than our ETL and Flow TL (who was covering the BRTL position) but...

Every newbie lead with zero experience in that workcenter comes skipping along with a bucket full of new ideas. I can only wish you luck.

This Sunday, sales were crazy huge and we only had two daysiders. We missed several CAFs (curiously, noone called us out on it) and we left at least a dozen backstock vehicles. The two ETLs and one SrTL that day didn't lift a finger to help out with CAFs or backstock.

Fast forward to Monday (a much slower sales day), backstock from previous day is now nearly clear. Why? A SrTL helped throughout the day.

Geniuses running this place, I tell ya.

Yesterday was nuts for us, and I was the only one working dayside

On a different note, what's prep like for the day before Thanksgiving. I'm scheduled until half an hour before close, and I'm told we'll be dropping manuals and sorting them to ease the load the next day?

On a different note, what's prep like for the day before Thanksgiving. I'm scheduled until half an hour before close, and I'm told we'll be dropping manuals and sorting them to ease the load the next day?

At my store, several TMs and TLs are doing a partial overnight to prepare. Since we're not getting a truck on Black Friday, they're helping flow with the (presumably double) truck and autofills, pulling and staging BF product, and signing.

After the CAFs are done, you could be pulling manuals to stage BF product.

If you start the final batch at 59 does it count as rolling over?

Also does it matter if the last hour of pulls go over the limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back