Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the BR has to worry about stupid TMs and LODs droping random manuals because one shelf might be a little empty
The function to create manual CAFs with a MyDevice has been there for ages. Chances are good that even STLs and ETL-LOGs might not even know it's there.

The function to create manual CAFs with a MyDevice has been there for ages. Chances are good that even STLs and ETL-LOGs might not even know it's there.
Not ours. Others wise the BRTL would drop them from that and not the PDa. At least thats what they told me

How do you guys backstock curtain rods? I mostly put them on the very top shelf hanging over.

Current store has Waco's in front of the aisle like an endcap. In Another store we had some long Waco's set up in the steels in one of the bulk stockroom

We keep them on a shelf right above the line and below the pallets. We also keep the rugs and mops/brooms here too.

How do you guys backstock curtain rods? I mostly put them on the very top shelf hanging over.

if it's casestock they go in receiving, if it's open stock then we put them in a waco in the far back of the Domestics aisle so that you can at least get the ladder out

Our domestics valley has a few sections with 10 open stock shelves, spaced pretty close together, and we put small curtain rods and doormats there.

Long curtain rods go in the bulk steel.

Current store has Waco's in front of the aisle like an endcap. In Another store we had some long Waco's set up in the steels in one of the bulk stockroom
We do the steel method just take plano's backer paper boxes the smaller one, they get a ton in during a remodel, zip tie them together, stack-em and now they are locations.

We do the steel method just take plano's backer paper boxes the smaller one, they get a ton in during a remodel, zip tie them together, stack-em and now they are locations.

We do something similar with a isle in our main stockroom, a support pole prevents shelves but we took some boxes and fit them in the space and we labeled them so curtain rods can sit upright. Replace boxes as needed.

lol as of rn one wave won't lift. I think the hydraulics are broken. ETL LOG is gonna put a work order in... Let's see how long it takes to get fixed. Other wave is... falling apart. The piece in the front to charge it is hanging on for dear life. They rigged it with a huge pallet rubber band (as in the rubber band is looped around the plug-in piece on the front and hooked around the side of the metal tray. It lifts all the way but the rubber band is constantly rubbing the tray and it's gonna need replacing often. If that wave breaks, we are screwed lmaooooooo. My store is falling apart

lol as of rn one wave won't lift. I think the hydraulics are broken. ETL LOG is gonna put a work order in... Let's see how long it takes to get fixed. Other wave is... falling apart. The piece in the front to charge it is hanging on for dear life. They rigged it with a huge pallet rubber band (as in the rubber band is looped around the plug-in piece on the front and hooked around the side of the metal tray. It lifts all the way but the rubber band is constantly rubbing the tray and it's gonna need replacing often. If that wave breaks, we are screwed lmaooooooo. My store is falling apart
That's a safety issue. Do another work order on that panel too.

We lost our wave during 4th quarter for months and it was a nightmare. We've had the same wave for 15+ years and they refuse to replace it and end up having to get it fixed often.

That's a safety issue. Do another work order on that panel too.
Hell yeah it's a safety issue. I showed ETL LOG (edit and I showed ETL HR who was LOD at the time) both of them and expressed that I was scared to use the one with the rubber band. I had to get a pog batch for mini seasonal pulled so I ended up using it AFTER I saw another BR TM use it. I managed to avoid using it for caf tho

Update: A TM from flow has made it better. He cut the rubber band and taped/gorilla glued it to the front of the white platform piece. No more fear that the rubber band is gonna snap lol

Last edited:
We were loaned an extra WAVe for BTC/BTS and it's actually worse than the ones we own. Of course, if our PMT bothers to fix it, it'll be right before we have to send it back.

Also, some mothershittersonofanass updated our PDAs and took away apps that we actually use on a regular basis. :mad: On the bright side, now we don't have to scroll down as far in All Applications to get to SUBT and MyFA.

We were loaned an extra WAVe for BTC/BTS and it's actually worse than the ones we own. Of course, if our PMT bothers to fix it, it'll be right before we have to send it back.

Also, some mothershittersonofanass updated our PDAs and took away apps that we actually use on a regular basis. :mad: On the bright side, now we don't have to scroll down as far in All Applications to get to SUBT and MyFA.

what apps are missing?

Apparently they removed manuals from the PDA now and expect everyone to do POG fills on the MyDevice instead (or so I've been told). My store is doing a new test process where there's no Logistics departments, everyone is on the same Logistics team. Different members of this new Logistics team essentially own different departments to bowl out, stock, shoot outs, etc.

What was going on was that Sales Floor/Backroom was dropping manuals near the end of the night so that us on "Logistics" had small autofills and had a lot more time for backstocking, thus finishing 100% or leaving on time instead of anyone staying later to finish up.

With the removal of this, pulls are large again, and lucky me, my department is seasonal, thus I'm pulling all the back to school stuff.

I'm hoping they see this process is a failure, it's a mess now that manuals have been removed.

Oh yeah, and we're also a push-all store now, which is making it worse with the insane multiples of DPCIs that go out to the floor and come back to me for backstock.

What on earth is the timeframe for the new MyDevices anyway? It's getting annoying having to borrow another TM's MyDevice on the floor and go back to a PDA for backstock (only because it still has the pull function on it). This is becoming incredibly tedious to get anything done.

Last edited:
@AshTR

You can still drop man CAFs on the myDevice. Scan an item, touch the item name to get to the details page, touch the fillgroup and it will give the option to drop a man caf.

It's obviously not ideal and will be a major pain having to find an item from the fillgroup you want instead of just typing in a few letters. But it can be done.

My store is doing a new test process where there's no Logistics departments, everyone is on the same Logistics team. Different members of this new Logistics team essentially own different departments to bowl out, stock, shoot outs, etc.

What was going on was that Sales Floor/Backroom was dropping manuals near the end of the night so that us on "Logistics" had small autofills and had a lot more time for backstocking, thus finishing 100% or leaving on time instead of anyone staying later to finish up.

So, no flow team? aka old flow team members are now doing all the functions - BR, flow, instocks?

heh. you would have to have a strong team to make this work.... not to mention a large number of working devices

not.happening.at.my.store

I actually feel kinda bad, because we have 4 waves that are in good condition at my store. :oops:

I actually feel kinda bad, because we have 4 waves that are in good condition at my store. :oops:

Don't its not your problem that your store actually realized that equipment makes the store run. We had an STL a couple years ago who believed that. So the line got upgraded, we got ladders another wave a butt load of radios. However this new STL? Nope all in her pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back