Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how to check it on rwt after it drops, but didn't know you could do next day. Would make sense for pricing team.

Our closer from last night didn't manage to finish price change last night. I had to pull the pharmacy and seasonal batches myself. Taking down 2 pallets of grills wasn't fun.

I got told by a Sr. TL, an ETL, and a TM not to burn batches. I refuse to pull merchandise that will come back 5 min later. Sales floor tms hate it, we hate pulling it, and the morning team hates back stocking it. SUBT9999 takes too damn long and is condoned at my store. So until they fix the system, I will continue to burn batches.

The only other time I burn batches is when I feel it's unsafe to grab the item or if I can't physically get the item because idiots decide to fill an entire aisle of freight or backstock.

Oh yeah, and my direct TL tells me to burn batches.

WOW. This makes me cringe. Burning batches is immediate in office conversation at my store. And that's direction from our DTL.

It is what it is.

I decided to stop burning batches for now. The extra backstock that comes back isn't my problem.

That's the way I see it. I like to say "the only thing I don't pull are flats!"

Have you heard the bad news about bts clearance? Not this coming Tuesday but Tuesday September 1st is supposed to be really bad for price change. I heard 10000 tickets for Tuesday night. I just wish there was more clarity. If it's mostly on the sales floor then maybe price change won't be that bad. I hate Tuesday nights in the backroom.

If your logistics process doesn't suck, most of your NCF BTS should have already been purged out of the backroom by Sept 1 making the price change batches minimal.

If your logistics process doesn't suck, most of your NCF BTS should have already been purged out of the backroom by Sept 1 making the price change batches minimal.
If you still have a lot in the back, I'd also wager to say your sales floor isn't doing their job. At this point in the set, I'm hungering for things to put in mini and I scan through the BTC-NCF list after every truck day. I have so much random D249 and D072 up there because I'm running out of merch to flex. Toaster ovens safe for dorms? Why not!?

Tell me the purpose of manual CAFs again. I understand I'm filling the floor by pulling the product at a lower trigger, but it just seems like a waste. Why pull it when it needs 1 instead of waiting until it needs 3? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy taking stuff out of the back and filling the shelves. Just seems like a waste of time.

It also lowers autofill times. If your backroom day guys are pulling manuals then your morning team is spending less time on autos and more backstocking. It can also be used to alleviate CAF times when backstocking a lot of stuff in one area (like BTS) so you don't suddenly have a 2 hour OFCE batch.

At my store, I pulled 4 pallets of dcode btc/bts for my stl. They were told everything was pulled already. Then, I printed my favorite BR report & told them what was left. Then I said, same thing happen last year.

I have had it with the backroom. The department is a joke at the store I work at. An utter joke. Laziness, incompetence, and no accountability.

The weekday backroom opener is on vacation this week. How a backroom team member only gets to work Monday thru Friday is beyond me. Anyways, this dummy guy was supposed to cover the shift this week but of course the dumbass "got a 2nd job" and couldn't work it. And as usual, the shift was not covered. I was by myself on the CAF batches from 1pm to 5pm. I had to beg for help for the 12pm CAF batches. The piece of shit that helped me complained about it. He was saying sarcastic shit "the 11am CAF batches weren't that big". My response was "I'm gonna need help with the 12pm CAF batches and one of you is going to help me". And fuck him because as always I was right. That fucker was the sacrificial lamb and had to help me. I don't hold back anymore in the backroom. If you piss me off or get in my way, I will call you out. No holding back anymore. Move the fuck out of my way, don't annoy me, and don't make my time in the backroom more miserable and stressful than it already is. I had some flow momma say "I just back stocked that 10 minutes ago" when I was pulling health and beauty for the 12pm CAF batches. My response was "now it's a pull and you gotta use SUBT 999 otherwise I'm going to pull everything you back stock" . Awkward silence from the momma followed. I always say to myself while I'm walking back to the backroom and around annoying dumbass morning backroom team members "I'm going to pull your back stock" and "I'm a back stock puller".

Why couldn't one of the dumbasses from the morning backroom team fill in for that shift today? I just don't understand. Twist or BREAK some people's arms in the backroom.

Oh and the dumbass that supposedly got a 2nd job didn't even show up for work last Friday. He made some bullshit reason saying someone died in the family. The STL had to pull CAF batches that day. Why couldn't one of the morning backroom team members work that shift? Is it going to kill someone to stay until 6pm on a Friday? People act like someone is trying to break their back when they have to make a sacrifice and work outside of their comfort zone.

I fucking stay until 10pm on Tuesday nights to pull 20 pallets of price change. It's not gonna kill any asshole to work a different shift in the backroom.

This is store is a joke. This company is a joke. The backroom is a joke. Retail is a joke.

We finally got all the bs done after several months. Some of the guys even back stocked in the coolers and I was able to scan the sweep and update some high locations. I have no faith its going to stay clean but I'll take the win for today.

If I stayed every night to complete the back stock, I would have at least 80 hours a week.

Quick question: LOCU errors only occur when someone uses LOCU, but doesn't re-add everything in the location, right? When I LOCU, I always scan the location and flip to STO, yet I've gotten LOCU errors even when I've rarely been backroom the past few weeks.

LOCU errors can happen that way but they usually happen because someone came behind later and tosses an item in without STOing it. The system blames the last person to clear a location when it finds a baffle.

H2gAuOX.jpg

So take a look at that picture and find out what's wrong with it.

Apparently our ETL changed the autofills to drop at 12:30. Except, it was 12:30 pm instead of am. The problem got fixed. At 1PM the Autofills went away as the CAFs dropped in. Still, an interesting thing to happen. The autofills only ended up being 2 1/2 hours.

I'm guessing 'backroom detail report' you can see the status (Active/Dcode/NOP that is stowed in a particular backroom aisle/location/range.

There's also a BTC ITA (Inventory tracking app) that tells you any locations for key items but i found the report to be redundant as it hat a lot of things I wouldn't consider BTC

View attachment 1120

So take a look at that picture and find out what's wrong with it.

Apparently our ETL changed the autofills to drop at 12:30. Except, it was 12:30 pm instead of am. The problem got fixed. At 1PM the Autofills went away as the CAFs dropped in. Still, an interesting thing to happen. The autofills only ended up being 2 1/2 hours.

yikes

Does anyone know where I can find information on workbench about proper pallet use? Particularly what pallets are to be used when skying anything. Bonus: if that information requires any items skyed to be wrapped or banded.
Bonus 2: if it also says anything about skying items without a pallet. Yes, no, only certain items…

I need proof that using black plastic pallets in the steel is a no-no. Not wrapping items is a no-no and not using a pallet always when skying is a no-no. Best practices be damned in our back room.
Black plastic pallets tend to flex, that is why we don't sky lift them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back