Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zone, mark the casepacks with how many are in each box, put deep stickers and when possible rubber band items.

locuing doesn't do much for inventory, they are counting everything regardless if it is in the right place or not.

When backstocking items do you guys have a preference between STO versus LOCU? I know it varies for some...just curious

When backstocking items do you guys have a preference between STO versus LOCU? I know it varies for some...just curious
Depends what it is and where it's going. Open stock is usually STO because it's usually going to have to go into a waco that already has other items.

For case stock, I'll use LOCU only if there's a lot for the same fillgroup and plenty of empty shelves to put it on.

I was checking backroom stock with the PDA on lightbulbs, the stock went a bit like this... 0 in backroom, 1 in backroom...200 or so in backroom, I knew for a fact that there couldn't be 200 of that specific lightbulb in the BR when the rest of them were non-existent in the BR, apparently someone didn't know how to use the SUBT function.

I was checking backroom stock with the PDA on lightbulbs, the stock went a bit like this... 0 in backroom, 1 in backroom...200 or so in backroom, I knew for a fact that there couldn't be 200 of that specific lightbulb in the BR when the rest of them were non-existent in the BR, apparently someone didn't know how to use the SUBT function.
You would be surprised how often the BR gets a million of one specific DPCI off the truck, which then sits in the back until it goes clearance.

Anyone with heat issues in the summer been able to convince Managment to turn the A/C on in their backroom?

You would be surprised how often the BR gets a million of one specific DPCI off the truck, which then sits in the back until it goes clearance.
Yeah I hear about unruly guests all the time, usually when I'm asked to push an item that has just been sitting in the BR, or worse yet when a said item isn't even in the store whatsoever, those guests expect me to make a sacrifice to the BR gods in order to get the item they want, and when I reinforce the fact that the specific DPCI isnt in stock, they go into complete rude guest mode and some of them even yell at me.

Anyone with heat issues in the summer been able to convince Managment to turn the A/C on in their backroom?

This year it's been tolerable for us. A bit warmer than I'd like, enough to sweat a bunch, but not insanely hot. Last summer, however, the AC was busted and it was around 85-95 with 80%+ humidity in our backroom, and management wasn't in any rush to get it fixed.

I don't understand why they won't let backroom wear kacki shorts in the summer. We have to deal with the elements too when it gets super hot out and you have to run everywhere pulling cafs and lifting heavy boxes, etc.

Also the climate control is controlled by corporate. I know because an ETL complained about how cold it was in the store and that she couldn't do anything.

34058885.jpg

I always use STO unless I run into something wrong, then I use LOCU or U-pdate to fix it. STO is the best option because it tells you the fillgroup and where else the item is located.

See: Black Thursday/Friday merchandise taking up every pallet location until it all goes clearance.

Also the climate control is controlled by corporate. I know because an ETL complained about how cold it was in the store and that she couldn't do anything.

I wish we had that problem. Hell, we had a TM almost pass out before FMOC would do anything about the AC (or lack thereof).

Depends on your store I imagine. I know that we'll probably be fighting over who gets to pull the cooler batches.

YES. Even the ambient room feels cool this time of year, despite being "room temperature."

Don't forget about the fight over who gets to backstock the freezer. :D

Um, yeah, overnight? This is NOT okay.

wooooooah woah woah....okay, so not only would I want to strangle someone for stacking them 6 high (because you KNOW you're gonna need the one on the bottom, and it doesn't look like they're all the same)...but looking at the far end of them, are they at an angle? So like...they could totally just slide off the shelf?! :eek::eek::eek: That looks like a death trap from a Final Destination movie or something.

wooooooah woah woah....okay, so not only would I want to strangle someone for stacking them 6 high (because you KNOW you're gonna need the one on the bottom, and it doesn't look like they're all the same)...but looking at the far end of them, are they at an angle? So like...they could totally just slide off the shelf?! :eek::eek::eek: That looks like a death trap from a Final Destination movie or something.
Yuuup. There's a guard rail along the back of the steel to keep the pallets from extending back onto the steel on the other side, and they're just RESTING ON TOP OF THE GUARD RAIL. Plus they aren't even on a friggen pallet!! You would have to take them down one by one on a wave, (which by the way, its height maxes out just short of probably the third or fourth box) so you would have to lift those 80+ lb furniture pieces at the top of the wave on an angle. To put it into perspective, the picture was taken at about head-height.

Don't worry guys, it's totally safe.

So are the SPU goal times now 2 hours after they drop in? Initially I had thought that they might only be 2 hours long if they dropped between 1 and 7, but they were 2 hour goal times even an hour before close.

Also, had a weird thing today. I had two SPU's drop into the gun at around 4pm, but they had both already expired. The first expired at 1:30 something, and the other at 2:40 something. I know for a fact that they hadn't been in the gun before because I picked the only SPU that was in the gun during the 3 o'clock CAFs. I copped it up to the issues with SFS as well since we had that global outage. So now my name is probably tied to two overdue SPUs through no fault of my own. Fun.

So are the SPU goal times now 2 hours after they drop in? Initially I had thought that they might only be 2 hours long if they dropped between 1 and 7, but they were 2 hour goal times even an hour before close.

Also, had a weird thing today. I had two SPU's drop into the gun at around 4pm, but they had both already expired. The first expired at 1:30 something, and the other at 2:40 something. I know for a fact that they hadn't been in the gun before because I picked the only SPU that was in the gun during the 3 o'clock CAFs. I copped it up to the issues with SFS as well since we had that global outage. So now my name is probably tied to two overdue SPUs through no fault of my own. Fun.

the outage was for all target.com orders so that included SPU's. im guessing that should reflect in myperformance. If not leadership should excuse it anyways.

I was wondering why 10 SPUs suddenly appeared as the 3PM CAFs were dropping. I noticed some of the orders expired hours ago too.

I don't know what the shit happened but for whatever reason during the last two hours of my shift SPUs just started dropping like mad. I think I picked 15 SPUs over the course of an hour and a half, and one order has 9 DPCI's all unlocated softlines which took up at least 20 minutes on its own. Plus I had another one of those magical SPUs that drop well past it's due time.

Lmmfhao we get the "it's not too bad back here" response...well yeah you just walk through...don't climb ladders...carry boxes...push tubs...pull...backstock and most under time limits SOooooooO yeah it's cozy back here

Lmmfhao we get the "it's not too bad back here" response...well yeah you just walk through...don't climb ladders...carry boxes...push tubs...pull...backstock and most under time limits SOooooooO yeah it's cozy back here

This. They're walking around lackadaisically in their Target fleeces, not even close to breaking a sweat.

Leadership seemed shocked when the heat issue was brought up. We have no a/c and I have to go to the coolers several times a day to cool off. I asked once to go home from the heat because I was getting dizzy and almost fell from a ladder but they wouldn't allow it.

It gets really hot in our backroom. We have two fans that do absolutely nothing. I have to duck into the coolers or even the ambient room to cool down during my shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back