Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! So we've been pushing everything that is pulled from the backroom too, but with back to school it's been a mess. Smart carts, tubs, shopping carts, repack boxes full of back to school items. Fire aisle has been inundated with shopping carts of back to school push/backstock. Finding FF's has been a nightmare considering how much back to school stuff is all over the backroom.
We were in that exact situation last year and it was a nightmare that stretched out to Halloween.

This year things have been much better. Our BTS stuff has been push-all/flex-all for a few weeks now. Backstock nothing, flex everything. We had a TM scheduled in seasonal during the busiest week and they just worked on flexing all day. We are now starting to purge the overflow aisles from the backroom and Flow and closing salesfloor is pushing it all out.

We were in that exact situation last year and it was a nightmare that stretched out to Halloween.

This year things have been much better. Our BTS stuff has been push-all/flex-all for a few weeks now. Backstock nothing, flex everything. We had a TM scheduled in seasonal during the busiest week and they just worked on flexing all day. We are now starting to purge the overflow aisles from the backroom and Flow and closing salesfloor is pushing it all out.

We have maybe one or two people doing BTS, sometimes they've been extended because of how much push there is. My logistics ETL just took a LOA, not injury or maternity/paternity(?) related, which I guess from what I've heard is that he's not coming back. Very strange transition having the STL become the head of logistics.

We have maybe one or two people doing BTS, sometimes they've been extended because of how much push there is. My logistics ETL just took a LOA, not injury or maternity/paternity(?) related, which I guess from what I've heard is that he's not coming back. Very strange transition having the STL become the head of logistics.
Yeah our STL runs the truck once a week and it's a really weird sight to get used to.

Question about M-Deletes. What makes you show up on the report for having done them? Is it when you m-delete and the item is actually there, or is it every time you do one regardless on if it was correct or not?

Question about M-Deletes. What makes you show up on the report for having done them? Is it when you m-delete and the item is actually there, or is it every time you do one regardless on if it was correct or not?

If it's the BRLA TM detail report, it's because the TM screwed up the M-delete.

If it's the BRLA TM detail report, it's because the TM screwed up the M-delete.

This. When using M-Delete, it's very important that you scan every item in the location before you M-Move. Any DPCI you don't scan is deleted, and if a missed DPCI is scanned in that location while pulling a batch, it's reported as a baffle. Since the baffle resulted from your erroneous M-Delete, you would be charged with a M-Delete baffle and your personal BRLA would take a hit.

How do ghosts affect the overall store BRLA? I know they're not charged to individual TMs, but I wasn't sure how they were factored in (as opposed to baffles).

Has this happend to anyone. Your pulling a batch and it wants nothing. So you locu and scan it in. Then go into batch and it goes into the same location and after scanning everything it still didn't want what's in there.

Has this happend to anyone. Your pulling a batch and it wants nothing. So you locu and scan it in. Then go into batch and it goes into the same location and after scanning everything it still didn't want what's in there.
yes, we have had a few batch completes during the autos lately.

I don't know the reasoning behind it, but the workaround I've seen if you are hell-bent on not m-deleting is to LOCU, re-enter the batch, THEN locate the items back into the location. Someone posted a long time ago that sometimes the system wants you to m-delete. I guess as an audit? I don't how true that is, but until I hear a better reason, I'l go with that. I kind of hate when something doesn't make sense

Think I had that happen once. I just scratched my head and then m-deleted the second time.

yes, we have had a few batch completes during the autos lately.
I had that happen last week to at least 3 batches on the same day. I don't get how it happened either since I was the first person in the backroom that morning and the autofills had just finished dropping 5 minutes earlier.

1st batch I went into immediately said batch complete.

I've had that happened a few times to me. I've had to LOCU and resto everything twice and it would still keep sending me to that spot.

so how is everyone doing with the reduced caf and autofills? at my store were able to get done within an hour and half depending on team count working on it but 90min seems to be the usual.

i mean, the change made sense pulls whats required to fill the shelf instead of adding in random "hot items" or adding in items to see if they would go out, and then they didnt who would have thought it would be such time saver to only pull whats ACTUALLY needs to go out? 9_9

We seem to be getting the pulls done in under 2hrs. The only day I'm there where it takes longer is Sunday because they only have two people scheduled to pull and those pulls tend to me huge.

We've been getting the autofills pulled before the unload is finished, which is fantastic. I heard on our last non-truck day, the autofills were only 14 tubs and 1 or two flats and carts.

It is worrying though, when the backstock flow brings back is consistently 3x bigger than the pulls we sent out. For this to work, the system will hopefully know to pull from the back when needed and then also NOT send more of that product again until the floor starts running low.

What's your average TMs in the morning and the average auto times you've had?
2-4 TMs pulling on truck days and 1-2 on non truck days. I stopped checking autofill pull times when BTS winded down, but they have been about the same or a bit smaller than when we were doing hourly CAFs earlier this year.

My autofills run about 7 hours on truck days and 11 on no truck days. We schedule 4 and they usually finish by 6am...we're a 4 am store with an unload area we have to wait to clear out until we can get in there to pull...if unload is slow it slows us up plus we have containers outside...autos are definitely smaller but backstock from the truck hasn't decreased that much. We shall see what 4th quarter has to bring

Pulls are fine and backstock is getting done at a faster rate than it did before. But our backroom is completely full in almost every aisle. Pets has at least 6 DPCIs in each Waco. The floor isn't getting full because either there's no one to shoot or no time to pull if anyone does shoot.

Pulls are fine and backstock is getting done at a faster rate than it did before. But our backroom is completely full in almost every aisle. Pets has at least 6 DPCIs in each Waco. The floor isn't getting full because either there's no one to shoot or no time to pull if anyone does shoot.
Or no one cares.

I had watch an item, not be pulled for 4 days on sale & finally pulled the item today. I can't figure out why. It not my area, I notice stupid stuff(empty shelve). Shelve qty is correct.

We've been getting the autofills pulled before the unload is finished, which is fantastic. I heard on our last non-truck day, the autofills were only 14 tubs and 1 or two flats and carts.

It is worrying though, when the backstock flow brings back is consistently 3x bigger than the pulls we sent out. For this to work, the system will hopefully know to pull from the back when needed and then also NOT send more of that product again until the floor starts running low.

i noticed that too, however, does your store still do blackline? as now at my store, we dont use black line and just kept anything transition in the back. as a result the backstock is much higher. it could also be the case that flow isnt pushing to dual locations or just backstocking stuff they dont want to push.

I find it amusing that nearly all the leaders at my store ignore/avoid the backroom but as soon as I announced the 3's were 3:40 I was surrounded by every leader in the building helping pull the batches. Where are you guys when this place is drowning in backstock?

sitting in TSC planning out what they are having for lunch tomorrow or how theyve started going to the gym again for the 4th time this year after quitting 3 times this year. (and seemingly get a bigger belly after each failed attempt!)

likely because instocks is being used for other work centers or ... they arent trying and making themselves seem busy so the TLs dont notice. so long as some research drops, they cant say they arent doing their jobs.

I had watch an item, not be pulled for 4 days on sale & finally pulled the item today. I can't figure out why. It not my area, I notice stupid stuff(empty shelve). Shelve qty is correct.

likely it was being backstocked to be bought by a select TM. youve ruined their plans. enjoy!

No one shoots. My In-Stock team used to average a 120hrs a week. We are now scheduled about 55hrs. We don't have time. We shoot the list and a little extra and leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back