Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish my store would re-push stuff. There's a skid of toys that's been on the line since yesterday morning. I'm willing to bed a good amount of it will go out. But nope, it'll be backstocked at some point tomorrow afternoon.

One of our BRTMs has a habit of saying "if stuff has been on a tub for 24hrs it's automatic backstock" ...that makes absolutely no sense to me- it seems like it's the exact opposite of how it should be.

I've backstocked my fair share of old tubs and 9 times out of 10 a good percentage of what I backstocked came right back out in the next pull.

I didn't have enough vehicles for my 3's today, so I ended up throwing some toys on a backstock tub from this morning's autofills (there was very little backstock, but enough that it would've taken too long to backstock the stuff in order to have an empty tub) So I sent out the tub with like 16 pieces of toy backstock. When it came back later in the afternoon I only saw like 3 items that I remembered being in the original backstock. By simply re-pushing I saved myself the time of having to backstock AND the time of having to pull.

But yes- repush is a waste of time- it's "easier" to just go ahead and backstock it :rolleyes:o_O

I hate when you're backstocking and scrolling down to view all the locations and you reach the bottom and hit down again and it comes up with like an error or something and press c to continue. Nothing should happen at all of you're at the bottom and press down.

Is anyone else receiving a ridiculous amount of plastics? I forsee a plastic sweep in my near future.

Yes. In the Target I run in my head we would not sell plastic storage ever.
Selling plastics is a necessary evil. The profit margin on plastic storage bins is almost as ridiculous as the amount of plastics we have received during the last 2 days. Not selling them would make everything else in your store more expensive o_O

Yea yesterday we got a shitload of BPLS. The day before was Valentines, and today was Home. 3 trucks that ranges 550-700 backstock pallets. Wonder what I will get tomorrow. I know there's 200 transition but it's a 2000 piece truck

We are getting slayed in the backroom. 4 audits have been sitting in the gun since black Friday, fkexes out the ass, we've been trying to get out the dcode before it creates a giant price change batch before Friday. It's crazy lmao

Is anyone else receiving a ridiculous amount of plastics? I forsee a plastic sweep in my near future.
That's how we've capped off fourth quarter at my store the last couple years, tons and tons of plastic storage. I think we usually get sweeps for it in like, February lol
At least a lot of it comes in like PIPO pallets, loose, single dpci plastics shrink-wrapped together, makes it easy to just slide it onto a plastic pallet and wheel it to the floor

We had 28 pallets of it come in yesterday.

At least a lot of it comes in like PIPO pallets, loose, single dpci plastics shrink-wrapped together, makes it easy to just slide it onto a plastic pallet and wheel it to the floor
Yeah that's not what most of these were though...

We have so many pallets of plastics in the back, even after we set the out on the salesfloor. We have them out in softlines and in seasonal.

The good news: We have (so far) had enough space in lower steel locations for HCDY, and enough top locations for BPLS.

The bad news: None of the HOME transition is pre-tied. Again...

Does anyone know to order extra crown keys?? I searched for it on SAP and the only key that came up wasn't it.

Just get your backroom cleaned up and most of all the floating vehicles either pushed or its seasonal that you know is floating but repushed within two days ago. And overnight shits the bed and can't finish a 2900 truck and basically unloaded it and pushed half of it.. Pallets of market, chem/paper HBA, Pets had to be picked up and cleaned up and shoved in the back so we could open.

They didn't even bother to finish the cardboard they created. And promptly left the mess for us..

Getting real sick of my TL. He's always discussing future projects, in meetings, writing the schedule, being LOD and not actually doing work in the back. I'd say on an average 8 hour shift he's in the back room less than 2 hours.

Getting real sick of my TL. He's always discussing future projects, in meetings, writing the schedule, being LOD and not actually doing work in the back. I'd say on an average 8 hour shift he's in the back room less than 2 hours.
well if he's a Sr. TL like you're implying with LOD shifts, he's probably only scheduled a few days in the BR per week.

That sounds like my BRTL. He had to run the trucks for close to a year and now that we have an actual flow TL, he doesn't know what to do with himself. Constantly starting stuff and getting distracted, taking 4 hours to write a schedule that is 90% unchanged week-to-week.

Does anyone know to order extra crown keys?? I searched for it on SAP and the only key that came up wasn't it.

I just get them duplicated at a local hardware store. It's dirt cheap and far faster than waiting on TLs and ETLs to get around to ordering them.

How many items do you all try to limit to a waco? I was trained that we want to keep it to 3 different DPCIs per waco whenever possible. But we do have sections where there is not room, so I've been trying to limit it to 5-6 obviously different items.

In the bigger wacos this is a bit harder, because people will just throw a ton of small items in the empty big wacos instead of walking further down the valley to find an empty spot. I just emptied out a large waco the other day that had over 20 different DPCIs in it and a small waco that had about 15 (this one was in cosmetics and they just backstocked all the same brand but different colors in that waco)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back