Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told we have to do the audit before the autos because it'll fix errors before it knocks us.

...which is kind of silly, because the audit only takes you to a handful of locations, and the chances of those locations being in the morning's autofills are relatively small, but apparently there was a noticeable difference in or scores after we started doing the audit first thing in the morning.

Guess it just depends on where your particular store's problems/strengths/priorities are.

We were told we have to do the audit before the autos because it'll fix errors before it knocks us.

...which is kind of silly, because the audit only takes you to a handful of locations, and the chances of those locations being in the morning's autofills are relatively small, but apparently there was a noticeable difference in or scores after we started doing the audit first thing in the morning.

Guess it just depends on where your particular store's problems/strengths/priorities are.
I believe the audit may take you to locations that it thinks there may be an error based on previous days pulls but don't quote me!

I believe the audit may take you to locations that it thinks there may be an error based on previous days pulls but don't quote me!

That's what it does. If you don't have enough errors to meet a preset quota of scans, it paths you to a bunch of sequential locations. Ours usually takes us down the pet aisle.

We try to do the audits after the autos but it hasn't really happened in weeks. We have only been there for about 4 hrs each day, with 1-2 of those for pulling the autos and the other 2 trying to backstock as much as possible

Noticeable difference meaning what? And how do you schedule for that? And how does this not really delay getting autos out for flow process?

If the difference is actually noticeable, I'm intrigued.

Because our overnight BRTL comes in only just before the overnight Backroom TMs start pulling the autofills, typically he is doing the audit while the autos are being pulled at my store. Unfortunately, because we have such a large backroom the audit is actually quite large and takes a good hour or more to finish, so it's difficult to get it done before the autos are being pulled.

Anyone else having this issue, now more than ever: autofills are predicting what you are pulling to be much greater than the actual pull, and autofills complete as soon as you enter them. It seems like when the autos are generating, the system isn't taking into consideration what is in the backroom (no, it has nothing to do with N-Q).

Anyone else having this issue, now more than ever: autofills are predicting what you are pulling to be much greater than the actual pull, and autofills complete as soon as you enter them. It seems like when the autos are generating, the system isn't taking into consideration what is in the backroom (no, it has nothing to do with N-Q).

I've had that issue with a few different things. I've looked at how big the batches were and the eaches were well over 500 but once I pulled it there were probably about 20 eaches. And then there are the batches that are there and then complete as soon as I enter them.

Noticeable difference meaning what? And how do you schedule for that? And how does this not really delay getting autos out for flow process?

If the difference is actually noticeable, I'm intrigued.

I'm not sure how big the difference was- we weren't given hard numbers, just told that it helped bump us back up to green for brla.

The audit is the very first thing we do in the morning- there are 2 brtms doing it and we eventually meet in the middle- normally takes 2 people 15-20min.

I think the other brtm and I are fairly fast/consistent pullers, so we still manage to get all of the pulls out before the line team is done anyways.

I'm pretty sure I'm at a ULV store though, so I'm sure that makes a huge difference.

The former is something I haven't seen an increase in lately. It typically only happens in certain ones, like BUCK and PETS. My personal favorite are ones that say they're 1000+ eaches that'll take over an hour, but I pull 10, maybe 25, in a few minutes. The latter I might've noticed an increase in. I tend to get two a day in the second autofills. Most of them tend to be pulls from the electronics stock room.

I just get them duplicated at a local hardware store. It's dirt cheap and far faster than waiting on TLs and ETLs to get around to ordering them.
I tried to make a copy at home depot but me and the br tm that went with me were told no. I heard that the people that had copies made bribed the home depot key guy because it's illegal to make a copy? idk. Another BR TM gave me one of the extras he was given when last PMT quit lol.

Because our overnight BRTL comes in only just before the overnight Backroom TMs start pulling the autofills, typically he is doing the audit while the autos are being pulled at my store. Unfortunately, because we have such a large backroom the audit is actually quite large and takes a good hour or more to finish, so it's difficult to get it done before the autos are being pulled.
You don't have to completely finish the audit in order to start pulling autos. For example if your audit begins on aisle 6, you can start pulling the autos that are on aisles 1-5. Once the audit passes an aisle, you're free to pull autos off that aisle, if that makes sense.

I tried to make a copy at home depot but me and the br tm that went with me were told no. I heard that the people that had copies made bribed the home depot key guy because it's illegal to make a copy? idk. Another BR TM gave me one of the extras he was given when last PMT quit lol.

As a tm I had no problem getting copies made at a locksmith.

Same for me. I didn't have any problems getting mine copied at my local Home Depot. I actually need to go make some more copies, since I only have one copy now and there are a couple new team members who could use one for themselves.

Today: autofills pull goal - 5:10; actual pull time - 1:51.
Items to pull - 319; actual items pulled - 203.
Eaches to pull - 4127; actual eaches pulled 832.
Batches auto-completed when entered - 4.

I auto completed 7 batched yesterday. I'm not going to complain, the opener called out and auto completing batches like phar, bpls AND beds made my job a lot easier

Has anyone had an issue with POGs falling into CAFs. Plano set candle aisle. Dropped/set/pulled all on same. Sent instocks over to shot empty spots and a TON of candles came out! Same thing with the mirror aisle. Candles may be due to instocks shooting outs the research sometimes falls in CAFs but no one shot mirrors and the same thing happened. The mirrors were all new products.

Has anyone had an issue with POGs falling into CAFs. Plano set candle aisle. Dropped/set/pulled all on same. Sent instocks over to shot empty spots and a TON of candles came out! Same thing with the mirror aisle. Candles may be due to instocks shooting outs the research sometimes falls in CAFs but no one shot mirrors and the same thing happened. The mirrors were all new products.
Yep it happens all the time when POG sets something and never pulls the batch for it. I can usually see the pattern after the first few items and I'll stop and check how many DPCIs are in the batch. If it's a ton, I burn it.

Oh god one of our softlines TMs spent hours pulling crap this week. The backstock from it was insane.

Yep it happens all the time when POG sets something and never pulls the batch for it. I can usually see the pattern after the first few items and I'll stop and check how many DPCIs are in the batch. If it's a ton, I burn it.
Why would you burn it? Everything that came out went out. Why didn't it pull when POG was dropped and pulled and why did it fall into the CAFs?

Why would you burn it? Everything that came out went out. Why didn't it pull when POG was dropped and pulled and why did it fall into the CAFs?

It only happens if a POG was set but the items in the set are still sitting in the backroom waiting to be pulled. Whoever was supposed to pull the POG batch never did, so the system sees an entire section/aisle empty and attempts to pull it in the CAFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back