I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

I have printouts of all of my schedules....The schedule was changed one time and I had a copy of the "old" schedule. I got a call from my TL at 10 minutes past my starting time saying "ummm, cpht, did you forget you were supposed to start at *time*?" I said "No, I'm supposed to work at *different time*" He said "No, you were supposed to be here at *time*" (as I'm walking over to my calendar to look at the schedule) I looked at the schedule and sure enough, it says *different time* so I say "The schedule I have says *different time*" He says "Oh, we had to change it...I guess you didn't see the 'updated' schedule. Can you come in now?" I said "Yes, give me about 45 minutes". Fortunately, he changed the schedule in MAX so I wasn't "late", but it ticked me off because I had to rush to get ready for work (fortunately, I had just gotten out of the shower)!!!

I had the same situation happen to me, except I was not written up for it. I was told I was a no call no show for a date in March. There were no punches from me that day, but I clearly remember being there that night. I posted on fb when I got home that night (the night they said I ncns) saying how I was glad the night went quick and was off from both jobs the next day. Is there anything I can do to prove I worked since there were no punches recorded for that day?

I guess if you wanted to push it, they could pull up the time clock video for the day in question. Are you absolutely positive you worked? If you did, then you get paid, if you didn't, you might get written up now. ???

Hmm, not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I plan to talk to the HR person tonight if she's still there. I usually work the closing shifts so I don't normally see her.

I didn't get paid for the day, but I know I worked, I think it's a record keeping issue. It just ticks me off that they didn't say anything about it until now and it was a month ago! Once I can get concrete proof that I worked that day (video surveilence or what have you), I'm going to let them know I would like paid for the day.

NCNS is conduct, you can still transfer with a CA for conduct. Conduct includes things such as NCNS, losing keys.
You can't transfer with a CA for performance.
People will now chime in and say I'm wrong, blah blah blah. It states no where on the CA for conduct that you can not transfer, there have been TL's, ETL's that transfer while on a conduct CA. The issue depends on what the CA was for, there's a difference in a baler key falling off because of a loose carabiner and someone who cusses at another TM from anger.

ncns is not grouped into the same category as attendance under CA. so are attendance violations considered conduct or performance? i can't remember.

Absolutely correct

FYI - any type of corrective action or warning needs to done by your next shift after the event. I had a fellow team member who was written up at the end of January for a ncns in December. She spoke to our STL and he told her that it should be thrown out as the delay in the write up was too long from the actual event. She had spoke HR and they ripped up her write up.

Really? I'll have to definitely bring that up then because I honestly do not understand why it wasn't brought to my attention oh I don't know... almost four weeks ago now? Like I said, I was scheduled the Thursday and Friday following the supposed incident and showed up for both of those shifts and NOTHING was said to me. I think this was a mistake on HR's part or something. Or like leonhart621 said, they're trying to screw me out of my transfer or somehow weed me out.

Above post is correct. I was a backroom/instocks team leader and there is certainly a time frame for that. I can't remember exactly what it was but certainly not more than a week.

If it was within the past couple weeks, there should be video footage of you working if you were there as you state. Talk to your ETL, and have them partner with Asset Protection as I'm sure you crossed the cameras many times during your shift. I worked in AP and we usually had video footage of at least two weeks for every camera, some even a month. No reason your ETL should say no. If they do, go to your STL.

I have printouts of all of my schedules....The schedule was changed one time and I had a copy of the "old" schedule. I got a call from my TL at 10 minutes past my starting time saying "ummm, cpht, did you forget you were supposed to start at *time*?" I said "No, I'm supposed to work at *different time*" He said "No, you were supposed to be here at *time*" (as I'm walking over to my calendar to look at the schedule) I looked at the schedule and sure enough, it says *different time* so I say "The schedule I have says *different time*" He says "Oh, we had to change it...I guess you didn't see the 'updated' schedule. Can you come in now?" I said "Yes, give me about 45 minutes". Fortunately, he changed the schedule in MAX so I wasn't "late", but it ticked me off because I had to rush to get ready for work (fortunately, I had just gotten out of the shower)!!!
I wish my ETL gave me the option to come in for the shifts I didn't know about. I get called only to get rimmed out for a minute. Then I tell him to check the posted schedule, and I get an "OH!...I'm sorry. But we don't need you anyway. I already called someone." THANKS! You just screwed me out of shift worth of pay.

I do think that there should be more unannounced visits. DTLs & above ought to see what stores are really like.....and not prepped for a visit.

Every visit should be unannounced.
It will never happen. There's too much riding on DTL's getting good visits for them to drop by unannounced every time. If they didn't give stores time to prepare, they would walk in to trashed stores(which already happens, but it would be all the time) and their bosses would come down hard on them. It's a double-edged sword holding them accountable for how the stores look on the walks and then also asking them to be the one to do the grading.

I don't agree with it, but welcome to Spot. I think they should instead be graded on their ability to help the stores fix or maintain their processes. This way they are not punished for red visits which would encourage them to just stop by and see the process as it is... I can dream, right?

NCNS is conduct, you can still transfer with a CA for conduct. Conduct includes things such as NCNS, losing keys.
You can't transfer with a CA for performance.
People will now chime in and say I'm wrong, blah blah blah. It states no where on the CA for conduct that you can not transfer, there have been TL's, ETL's that transfer while on a conduct CA. The issue depends on what the CA was for, there's a difference in a baler key falling off because of a loose carabiner and someone who cusses at another TM from anger.

ncns is not grouped into the same category as attendance under CA. so are attendance violations considered conduct or performance? i can't remember.

I would think performance, if NCNSs are separate and they're under conduct.

With my store the computer listed schedule and the printed schedule often don't match. We're told not to depend on the computer.....go by the printed schedule.

How many days can you call out before you get disciplined? I am a fairly new TM since Feb and I've called out about four times and have a doctors note for one.

Ok, so I was also thinking, if someone does a no call no show, but then is not told about it for almost 2 months! Does that happen often? I was told about a NCNS this week when it happened in February. I did not NCNS, I was told by HR to follow my schedule given at orientation as opposed to the posted schedule. Why would they wait nearly 2 months to address this with me instead of asking me on say the next day "where were you yesterday?"

Ok, so I was also thinking, if someone does a no call no show, but then is not told about it for almost 2 months! Does that happen often? I was told about a NCNS this week when it happened in February. I did not NCNS, I was told by HR to follow my schedule given at orientation as opposed to the posted schedule. Why would they wait nearly 2 months to address this with me instead of asking me on say the next day "where were you yesterday?"

Is it just me or are we getting a lot of these lately?
Could it be the system is seriously screwed up or are the ETLs being pushed to go after people?
I have major issues with bringing something up two months later.
I can understand even as much as a couple of weeks but months?

And this means that the investigation falls squarely on the shoulders of the TM.
There is something wrong with that.

consider this. at my store, the posted schedule was changed 7 times in the last 2 months without telling tm's until they come in. they should not be NCNS. only you call in multi times...

I do too! Especially since I would never do a ncns, I would always call. I wonder if it's a tactic they use to try to get rid of people. I would like to think differently, I get along with everyone. I have great guest service skills, etc so I don't know.

I do too! Especially since I would never do a ncns, I would always call. I wonder if it's a tactic they use to try to get rid of people. I would like to think differently, I get along with everyone. I have great guest service skills, etc so I don't know.

Under 90 days, it dangerous. A fast way out the door.

It happens all the time at our store too, so much so we are checking the schedule on a daily basis. They keep telling us "It is your responsibility to know when you're in next". I get that! But it should be assumed that once the schedule is posted it is final and if any changes are made to it the affected team members will be notified. Where I used to work it was common to change the schedule once it was posted. If it was changed a note would be posted beside the punch clock saying "The schedule has been changed. Affected employees will have their names highlighted in yellow. Please check to see if you are affected". Why can't Target do something similar?

Back