I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

I get if you don't want to work around my other job, but not working around my school schedule was the last straw. It was completely reasonable and I was just blown off. Other things have led up to my frustration, but that really pissed me off. I should have called in on Monday. I told them that. But I was upset. I've been told constantly in the past how good of a worker I am. How I have a future here. Blah blah blah. Things they say to gas me up so I stay motivated I guess

The team is already down. We suck. Our supervisor has allowed an environment to exist in which no one is accountable. We are constantly red in most metrics. For the longest it felt like I and another person were the only ones that actually gave a damn.

I did quit.

Based on the current details, you made no mention of the other job. It sounds you like you need to your correct availably with spot for your classes & the other job.

I was told that she had recently changed my availability a couple times (even though I had good reason) and wasn't going to do it again. She told me I need to meet the needs of the company, or something like that.

We had a girl that tried to change her availability, no lie, every two weeks for about 3 months. She was eventually told she needed to choose between Target and whatever else was going on. I don't blame the TL for asking her to choose. I would have too.

In no way did you "screw" anyone over except for yourself and your crew. If you put that your availability was open for weekends and they hired you, they probably hired you because you're the only one who can close weekends. Hence why they've said you need to meet the needs of the company. If you can find a legitimate excuse for changing your weekends, then do so. Don't just sit at home thinking you're doing Target a big number by not showing up. Great for them, because now they don't have to pay you and they're one step closer to kicking you out the door. Your attitude is your downfall at the moment.

I didn't screw over the team at all. Believe me.

I have never once tried to change my weekend availability. This was during the weekdays.

And they didn't hire me because I'm the only one that can close weekends. Where is all this assuming coming from? Can you read? We have 2 other team members that can close weekends, but I end up closing every single weekend.

But again, weekend availability is not the issue here.

Target gets call ins and ncns all the time so you probably didn't screw them as much as you think. At the same time you shoudlnt have to feel bad about it since they aren't meeting your needs so why should you meet theirs?

Not sure why everyone is blaming the op here. Ncns doesn't hurt him except at Target, but he's not any worse off from it really.

Target gets call ins and ncns all the time so you probably didn't screw them as much as you think. At the same time you shoudlnt have to feel bad about it since they aren't meeting your needs so why should you meet theirs?

Not sure why everyone is blaming the op here. Ncns doesn't hurt him except at Target, but he's not any worse off from it really.
Fact of it is, a NCNS, especially one that is blatant and deliberate, is inconsiderate and disrespectful.

Fact of it is, a NCNS, especially one that is blatant and deliberate, is inconsiderate and disrespectful.

I don't exactly believe in an eye for an eye, but it sounds like he's been disrespected too. Can't say I blame him.

Just because your employer is a bunch of disrespectful assholes does not mean you stoop to their level. You quietly do your job while looking for another one when you find one you leave. Give a short notice and don't look back.

People on my team start a new rumor about me fucking a different person on the team all the time, not sure how much more disrespectful you can get than that, and I still wouldn't NCNS to "stick it to them". I don't care what's going on, stooping to that is immature and I'm above that mess. If you have a problem with something someone is doing, address it like an adult.

And they didn't hire me because I'm the only one that can close weekends. Where is all this assuming coming from? Can you read? We have 2 other team members that can close weekends, but I end up closing every single weekend.

But again, weekend availability is not the issue here.

I had to stay late the other day because our new girl was a NCNS and my arthritic knees definitely hurt because of the extra hours. If one of those team members that closes had just happened to have an earlier night off that week, then you would have made them stay later. Sure you're going to tick off management, but you're also going to tick off your co-workers and they are your real buddies.

It's also more fun. Why go through the effort of calling out when you don't feel like coming in? They won't call anyone to replace you anyway, and you clearly don't give a shit about the job so I could see why people would do it.

Honestly, I hate working here, when I find someplace else, I won't even give my two weeks. It wouldn't matter, and they won't get someone to replace me. It save you time and stress when you just don't give a damn.

It's also more fun. Why go through the effort of calling out when you don't feel like coming in? They won't call anyone to replace you anyway, and you clearly don't give a shit about the job so I could see why people would do it.

Honestly, I hate working here, when I find someplace else, I won't even give my two weeks. It wouldn't matter, and they won't get someone to replace me. It save you time and stress when you just don't give a damn.

I really hope you're joking...

People on my team start a new rumor about me fucking a different person on the team all the time, not sure how much more disrespectful you can get than that, and I still wouldn't NCNS to "stick it to them". I don't care what's going on, stooping to that is immature and I'm above that mess. If you have a problem with something someone is doing, address it like an adult.

I admitted in this thread that I made mistake. I was angry and we all do things we shouldn't do when we are upset. And believe me, I've tried to address my issues with management but I'm blown off. The new management that we have does not treat us like adults. It's sucks. Putting in my 2 weeks felt awesome.

I have to agree with most that NCNS just makes more work for the rest of the team. If it is a necessary position or the store has a very lean schedule that day they will try to call someone else in. Also while I do not condone NCNS unless they recently changed the policy it is 3 NCNS days in a row, you could NCNS 2 days then show up. Yes that would be a big coaching maybe leading to firing but I believe it can still be done. At our store it would be a miracle if a week went by without at least one NCNS on the flow team. Most team members at our store give 2 weeks notice. Except Christmas season always have a few 3 NCNS and gone then. I have had my bad share of ETLs over the years too. Only thing you really can do is leave target, change position in the store, deal with it. Changing position in the store was my choice at the time since at least you are not under that ETLs thumb. Of course this was over months of trying to be flexible with that particular ETL. Some days you just have to deal with it.

I was wondering if someone could explain how vacation time and sick days work.
I was offered 2 weeks vacation and 3 personal days.

Are personal days counted as sick days? I would be working in NYC where they just passed a new sick day law which would entitle me to more than 3 days.

Also, is vacation time renewed from when you began working or every fiscal year or based on the number of hours worked?

Back