I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

In New York State, I think, you earn more hours.... in two years I earned approx. 60-80 of sick. Before, our store allowed us to use sick hours as vacation up to your average. Now, you actually have to call out to use your sick. My average is 40.0, so I call out every month once so it will be less than 5% and not get in trouble, because I have so many sick hours. When you get to 80 hours of sick, it stops accumulating.

I just realized, you are ETL... I don't know how it works for you salary people :p

Everything you need to know about your perks is on your ehr, or you can approach your etl hr or ask the tl hr who can access hrzone and answer your questions.

I'm keep it short I have called out twice and have two write up's for no call no show, just negligence didn't properly write down the schedule. I'm on my final warning and I desperately need to call out today. If I do would they terminate me. Last Time I called out was inFebruary and no call no show was in late feburary.

NCNS is part of conduct. Attendance is separate. Unless your Final Warning is for Multiple Violations. Then either attendance or another NCNS could cause a termination.

Having experience in these matters let me clear this up for you.

There are different categories of Corrective Action.

NCNS falls under Conduct, which you are on FW for. If you have any other conduct mishaps, you are gone.

"Calling In" falls under Performance, so you would not be penalized.

they cant fire you for calling in.... no call no shows are a completely different thing... this is why most etl's and tl's will BEG you to call in instead of just not showing up.. the dont even care why sometimes... (at least if they care about you working there)

I'm definitely a terrible person, but I've been up all night and my neighbor called the cops on me twice today, for bogus reasons and frankly I'm on edge.

I don't see myself doing whatever they want me to do.

Is SARS still a thing? Maybe I'll call and say I have SARS.

4am, Too soon, given dozens of cops with guns at my door. That freaked me out.

Guess I'm torn b/t... am I torn?

Anyone know what the minimum requirements to begin to accrue all of that is? I've exceeded 1,000 hours worked and got a packet about the 401k, but still have 0.0 of all of the things in the title. I've been with spot for 7 months now. I'm at like 34 hours/wk average for 2014 but my 2013 was lower, will I need to wait until 2015?

Thanks for the help, tried searching but didn't come up with much.

From targetpayandbenefits.com
Vacation

Years of ServiceAnnual Accrual Limit
Up to 5 yrsUp to 1 week (40 hrs)
5 to less than 10 yrsUp to 2 weeks (80 hrs)
10 to less than 25 yrsUp to 3 weeks (120 hrs)
25+ yrsUp to 4 weeks (160 hrs)
You accrue (earn) vacation hours each pay period based on your hours paid, position and years of service. You can keep all unused vacation hours at the end of the year up to two times your annual accrual limit. If you reach your maximum accrual limit, you will stop accruing vacation hours until you use some of your hours.
A link from another thread under pay and benefits:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/vacation-personal-and-holiday-pay.731/

Last edited:
If those posts on 6 mos, 1000 hours are correct I'm getting screwed. Eh my ETL-HR is closing LOD tonight I'll see if she knows what the deal is.

Yeah I've seen the accrual limits but as nothing has started to accrue yet I'm more interested in when they're supposed to start doing so.

On my page it says

Paid Time Off (Current Annual Eligibility)
Vacation:1 week(s)
Personal Holidays:2 days
National Holidays:2 days

Pay stub from yesterday has 0.0 for everything though.

It should already be accumulating. As a team member you should be getting sick and vacation hours.
personal hours are only for those who work full time I believe.

"You accrue up to 48 hours of sick time per year based on how many hours you are paid each week. You may use accrued sick hours to receive pay when you miss work due to an accident, illness or to care for a family member who is ill."

Anyone know what the minimum requirements to begin to accrue all of that is? I've exceeded 1,000 hours worked and got a packet about the 401k, but still have 0.0 of all of the things in the title. I've been with spot for 7 months now. I'm at like 34 hours/wk average for 2014 but my 2013 was lower, will I need to wait until 2015?

Thanks for the help, tried searching but didn't come up with much.

There should have been an automatic calculation of your hours after 6 months to determine your status of Full Time/Part Time for paid leave accrual purposes. If your average weekly hours for those 6 mos. is more than 31.5, you begin accruing 1 week of vacation and 2 personal holidays per year. You will also be eligible for paid holidays on Thanksgiving and Christmas. If it is under 31.5 you will begin to accrue vacation after you exceed 1,000 hours at a rate of one week per year. You will not be eligible for Personal or National holidays for that year. There will not be another calculation until the annual one which is either January 1st or February 1st. It doesn't go into effect until April meaning if you are part time after 6 months you will have to wait until April to accrue Full Time paid leave benefits.
Given what it says on your pay and benefits page, it appears you are full time. You can be sure by checking your avg hours on eHR under the paycheck tab. It should even show a break down of your averages month by month. Keep in mind averages are calculated at the beginning of the month and for your "6 month mark" it only counts full months so if you were hired October 5th, October wouldn't count as a month worked so you would start accruing the first week of May.

Last edited:
It should already be accumulating. As a team member you should be getting sick and vacation hours.
personal hours are only for those who work full time I believe.

"You accrue up to 48 hours of sick time per year based on how many hours you are paid each week. You may use accrued sick hours to receive pay when you miss work due to an accident, illness or to care for a family member who is ill."

Sick pay varies by location. Typically, Target only offers it to comply with state law.

Pretty sure my average hours over those 7 months is over 31.5, and going off my thingy I guess I should start accumulating. I did orientation Oct 13th or something. Guess my next paycheck will see.

Back