I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

In the meantime, you should call and check, but in the future you should probably put your schedule somewhere you can't lose it, such as Google Calendar.

If all else fails, call and talk to the LOD. Tell them the situation and they'll probably go look for you. Better than being late tomorrow.

So I have a year and a half working there and this is first NCNS and I'm already on a 6 month probation soooo I was wondering what's the worst they can do to me for this?
I didn't do it on purpose, I simply overslept and called immediately to see if they still need me
They told me not to worry about it they got someone to cover

You posted this twice.
So I killed the other one.

We're going to need more information.
What were you on the 6 month probation for?
If it was for attendance than you'll have issues, for something else maybe not.
It'll also depend on how well liked you are.

I went over my fifth hour once
I would say I am very well liked
They are always pulling me out of my department to help others and they prefer to call me in when they need someone to cover

If you're liked that CAN help a lot, but sometimes doesn't matter.

Over your fifth hour? What do you mean? Pretty sure NCNS is after >2 hours late IIRc

For the fifth hour thing, I can not work for 5 hours straight without taking a lunch break if I pass the fifth hour mark the store gets in some trouble for it so I have to take a lunch before that fifth hour
I took my lunch late one time so I got a probation

Six months for one time of missing your break. They must have a major issue with that compliance at your store.
The two things are in different categories but they can be stacked if they want you out.

You called them 45 minutes after your shift started? Or did I read that wrong? If you called 45 minutes after your shift started, that's not a ncns. That's a call out...
kept waiting for someone to post that. Plus probation for 1 meal compliance? That is some hardcore stuff right there.

8JHKUOd.jpg

I clip those little weekly schedule sheets on my fridge, haven't lost one yet! I used to keep it on google calendar too, before we transitioned to myTime.

@That One Guy

You probably won't be fired, but if they decide to do anything about it, you will most likely be put on Corrective Action (Final Warning) for Conduct -- I believe policy is that NCNS is an automatic final warning.

Final Warning lasts for 1 year, and if you have any additional conduct mishaps that would yield another CCA, you would be terminated.

Hope this clears anything up for you.

@That One Guy

You probably won't be fired, but if they decide to do anything about it, you will most likely be put on Corrective Action (Final Warning) for Conduct -- I believe policy is that NCNS is an automatic final warning.

Final Warning lasts for 1 year, and if you have any additional conduct mishaps that would yield another CCA, you would be terminated.

Hope this clears anything up for you.
At my store NCNS is 6 months, you're only put on a final on your second ncns

The store I work at "says" we have a no call policy for ncns. However it is def a pick and choose situation. It really sucks.

Hi guys I have been a flow team member for like 60 days have not been late or missed one shift. Anyway I have contracted very bad food posining and no way can I go in for my shift at 4 am tommorow. Will they get pissed when I call out and can I be fired for this? Second when should I call out? Today or at like 3:30 am tommorow?

Call your store with a couple hours prior to closing.

It all depends on your store's leadership. Some will say stay home until you feel better while others will guilt you to come in no more what.

it is better to call out as soon as possible. Also a no call no show will only hurt you so just call out.

Depending on what part of flow you work, like Pfresh, you're not even supposed to come in while sick. Also with the possibly of barfing or something, you're more of a liability to team if you do come in. It's best to call out now so maybe they can find someone to come in.

As a former ETL-Log here is my advice. Call out as soon as possible. If your ETL isn't a d*** then he/she should understand that you aren't feeling well. People get sick! Let them know as much as you are willing to share. If you think you'll be out longer than one day let them know you have food poisoning or a bad health condition. Remember, your medical issues are private and legally Target can't ask. Just give them a heads up that you're really sick. The sooner the better so they can call someone to replace you if needed.

Can you be fired? I can say that you shouldn't be fired with your record. Typically actions have to be egregious for you to be termed, even within 90 days. However, each store/district operates differently. I wouldn't let it affect you, even if you missed 2-3 days from being sick. However, another ETL in a different district might term you shortly after, especially if your performance isn't that great. If you can, bring in a doctor's note.

I hated when TMs came in when they were too sick to work. I have kids and don't want to take that home with me. If the TM needed the hours and had to work I would let them take it easy, otherwise I would advise them to go home and I'd try accommodating them with additional hours later.

Back