Archived The day before the visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really irks me the sheer manpower they put in the day before a visit. Backroom is spotless. Endcaps filled. Zone is pristine. This is not a good representation of what is going on.

I wish they would stop announcing visits. And just come randomly. To only one store so the other stores cant relay information.

See the zone messed up because one person couldn't do the whole store. Endcaps half empty because no one gets to do them. Piles of gobacks every where because of no bins. Just watch the store in shambles.

It makes them think modernization is working.

They know how the stores are run on a typical day. Target hires secret shoppers all the time, their insight is valuable. To think that upper management doesn't see the extra payroll the day(s) before a visit is laughable.
Honestly, any large company with many locations is not going to be any different when it comes to "visits" from upper management.

Our DTL’s last few visits have been surprise ones. I’m just curious to see if any loses a job soon since our backroom has been wall to wall with full tubs for months.

The DTLs want the visits to go well otherwise they get in trouble so it's kinda like a cover up all the way up. If everything is "great" your job is safe and less to worry about. More time for Starbucks
Yup. And the STLs go along with it because the DTL could throw them under the bus to save their own ass. God forbid DTLs accept reality and see how a store is actually running, get feedback from the STL, and then develop ideas to improve

At the company I work for now, whenever someone from corporate comes in, they sit down with a few supervisors and a few employees for 1 on 1s and ask for feedback on what’s going well and what could be improved. As a result, we aren’t scrambling like chickens with our heads cut off before they show up, and changes made down the line take our feedback into account

Last edited:
Yup. And the STLs go along with it because the DTL could throw them under the bus to save their own ass. God forbid DTLs accept reality and see how a store is actually running, get feedback from the STL, and then develop ideas to improve

At the company I work for now, whenever someone from corporate comes in, they sit down with a few supervisors and a few employees for 1 on 1s and ask for feedback on what’s going well and what could be improved. As a result, we aren’t scrambling like chickens with our heads cut off before they show up, and changes made down the line take our feedback into account
I knew a few people in the past here that have expressed an issue to a DTL. They each were gone with in two months

I knew a few people in the past here that have expressed an issue to a DTL. They each were gone with in two months
That happened to a fellow TL at my store. Asked a question about certain priorities and the DTL gave a complete non answer, TL explained that they wanted to make sure their priorities aligned with upper leadership as they would be held accountable. DTL gave the same non-answer then after the meeting told the STL that the TL didn’t seem “bought in and was confrontational”.

They did everything to make this TLs life miserable at work until they found another job making much more with a lot less stress so it worked out in the end

Our DTL’s last few visits have been surprise ones. I’m just curious to see if any loses a job soon since our backroom has been wall to wall with full tubs for months.
it's noted until the HR BP comes in unannounced to see how things are going a couple of times a week. That is when you know some ones job is hanging by a thread.

That happened to a fellow TL at my store. Asked a question about certain priorities and the DTL gave a complete non answer, TL explained that they wanted to make sure their priorities aligned with upper leadership as they would be held accountable. DTL gave the same non-answer then after the meeting told the STL that the TL didn’t seem “bought in and was confrontational”.

They did everything to make this TLs life miserable at work until they found another job making much more with a lot less stress so it worked out in the end

another post I regret that I am unable to continually smash the like button on. this this is why we don't speak up ya corporate drones

it's noted until the HR BP comes in unannounced to see how things are going a couple of times a week. That is when you know some ones job is hanging by a thread.
She was with him one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back