Archived The effect of Shipt on Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoodyNN- when the Target Cashier rings me up afterwards, they scan a barcode on my phone and then tax are erased and with the receipt is a form that indicates "tax exemption" that I sign and they keep. PassinTime- when I say expenses I mean it covers my rent and utilities/ food for the month. I didn't take this gig to get tons of dough. I took it to supplement some income.

The Shipt customer gets a copy of the receipt sent to them. They can then return things if need be.

GoodyNN- when the Target Cashier rings me up afterwards, they scan a barcode on my phone and then tax are erased and with the receipt is a form that indicates "tax exemption" that I sign and they keep. PassinTime- when I say expenses I mean it covers my rent and utilities/ food for the month. I didn't take this gig to get tons of dough. I took it to supplement some income.

Most Shipters I've talked to indicate they tend to do it mostly on their way home from their day jobs, which is kind of interesting. We have a few regulars but a bunch are "just passing through" when I talk about the remodel (so stuff not being where expected doesn't really matter for them).

A GSA at my store quit and now he's doing Shipt while going to school. Most people I see do it part time but like Uber/Lyft there's people that hustle it full time. I'm weary of the gig model of work, but it does work out for some individuals, and I want to see how they work out benefits for their employees.

I've never used Shipt, but I have used InstaCart, so I'm assuming it's the same premise. They don't get paid much apparently. You have the option to give them a tip at checkout, up to 20% or an amount of your choosing, but everyone who works for InstaCart that I've spoken to says they don't see much of that and prefer to just get a cash tip when they deliver your stuff.

I've noticed no inherent effects on my store with Shipt TMs walking around. I'm in the Food Area, specifically Dairy Frozen, and I talk to a lot of Shipt employees. Mostly just me asking if they're finding everything alright or they need help checking for an item that's out. It's made me think about trying Shipt out as well but meh.

That's about as far as Shipt goes in terms of influence.

I signed up for Shipt as a customer, but I haven't actually placed an order yet, I'm still comparing receipts to the app.

It definitely requires a bit of extra research before ordering. Not all grocery items on shelf are in the app, not all store sales are reflected in Shipt's pricing (although the regular prices have matched so far), and of course we can't use Cartwheel, TM discount and RedCard. Personally, I'm okay with losing the TM and RC discounts in exchange for not having to actually go in, wander the store (and buy stuff I don't need because I have no self control), and haul all of that up three flights of stairs. Especially if my order is large enough that there's no delivery fee. The value of Cartwheel offers is going to decide whether I go in or eat that money.

The Shipt customer gets a copy of the receipt sent to them. They can then return things if need be.

According to our paperwork if guests want to return something they ordered through Shipt, they must go through Shipt to process the return...they will not be able to bring the items into the store themselves to get a refund. We start taking orders next week. That should be fun to explain to guests.

Do you get many grocery returns? Shipt is generally limited to grocery and stuff like paper products. There's not much available for GM, as far as I know.

Do you get many grocery returns? Shipt is generally limited to grocery and stuff like paper products. There's not much available for GM, as far as I know.

From what I've been reading, Target's end game is to use Shipt to compete directly with Amazon by offering same-day delivery on even GM items. One of the articles I read mentioned, "same-day delivery will be available for all major product categories at Target by the close of 2019."

As usual, Target's site is somewhat vague. It lists these as some exclusions, but there could be more:
  • Select Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
  • Bedding & Bath
  • Furniture & Patio
  • Entertainment
  • Services (Starbucks, Target Café, Target Mobile)
  • Limited Time Offers
  • Items over 40 lbs.
  • Alcohol
  • Prescription Medication
I think it's going to be a really interesting 4th Quarter if Toys and Electronics are eligible at that point.

As usual, Target's site is somewhat vague. It lists these as some exclusions, but there could be more:
  • Select Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
  • Bedding & Bath
  • Furniture & Patio
  • Entertainment
  • Services (Starbucks, Target Café, Target Mobile)
  • Limited Time Offers
  • Items over 40 lbs.
  • Alcohol
  • Prescription Medication

isn't that most of our products?

Shipt themselves answered a guest on Facebook and told them that most hardlines was included except Hearth and Hand.

Anyone have annoying shipt shopper? If they weren't considered guests I'd yell at them.

Ok shipt starts tomorrow Thursday june 21 at my north east store. Membership is 49 per year it is 50% off to sign up now. I didn’t even know shipt was I my city. On the shipt website it says the shipt employees get 22 per hour that seems very very high.

Yeah, but hours are most likely very limited if it’s anything like other similar apps I.e.: instacart

You should be able to deduct some of that for taxes--you should be able to deduct mileage, for sure, and probably a portion of your cell phone bill.

Finally saw our first Shipt shopper today. Turns out there’s a hub of some sort for them just up the road or something??? News to me. So far no issues with Shipt shoppers, they seem to be some of the nicer moms that liked shopping at our store anyways killing time while their kids do sports things.

Finally saw our first Shipt shopper today. Turns out there’s a hub of some sort for them just up the road or something??? News to me. So far no issues with Shipt shoppers, they seem to be some of the nicer moms that liked shopping at our store anyways killing time while their kids do sports things.

We have some who come in, grab a drink from Starbucks, and then just shop. If you don't mind the wear and tear on your car I think it could be a pretty easy job.

So... I live in a very big, metropolitan area. The population is in the millions, to give you an idea. In my area - I see countless ads for Shipt on Billboards, Public Transportation - both of which are hideously expensive, as well as on Local News & Sports Websites that cover our area. Here is the thing though -- I've tried to signup for Shipt using my own address which is accepted by everything else, as well as Five Different other addresses from throughout my city - and NOT ONE of them are even covered by the service. What is covered is a very economically depressed city - that is almost four hours outside my city and upstate.

Now you tell me - what the hell is the point of all of those advertising dollars being spent? Why advertise something that doesn't work in the area your selling it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back