Archived The End is Nigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unload at our store is at 6 am and we never have the floor clear by 8 am. Our unload team is still unloading the truck at 8 am with the new process. It is impossible to have the floor clear because we are space constraint. Its going to get worse with Ship from Store coming to us. Ugh!

What time is your unload?
4am, but the unload it done with maybe 5 people so it takes 2-3 hours.

And while the floor is clear, the backroom is a nightmare. All of the pallets and flats that went out onto the floor during the unload get shoved back into the backroom, filling the trailer, the line, and receiving.

So what is the unload start time e2e has us shooting for? I'm afraid to guess.

Our GVP shows up unannounced--a complete surprise to the first store he hits. Twice now in the last 2 months at my store, and we also got him twice later in the day. Add one announced visit for 5 total. We see our DTL frequently. She stops in on all of her stores, and often one per day, so the email/text chain is pointless. Also comes in evenings sometimes.
This should happen more often.

4am, but the unload it done with maybe 5 people so it takes 2-3 hours.

And while the floor is clear, the backroom is a nightmare. All of the pallets and flats that went out onto the floor during the unload get shoved back into the backroom, filling the trailer, the line, and receiving.

Got it. You are obviously a sfs store so you probably have a larger backroom than other stores. Yeah I have heard of stores using their backroom to hide reshop, merchandise. We put our stuff on the floor but usually don't have it clear until 10 or 11 (6am unload) I can see having a 4am clear by 8 or 9 if your team works hard.

4th quarter the floor is going to look awful and there is nothing guest can do about it lol

Got it. You are obviously a sfs store so you probably have a larger backroom than other stores. Yeah I have heard of stores using their backroom to hide reshop, merchandise. We put our stuff on the floor but usually don't have it clear until 10 or 11 (6am unload) I can see having a 4am clear by 8 or 9 if your team works hard.

4th quarter the floor is going to look awful and there is nothing guest can do about it lol
When I first started, I used to think our backroom was huge. But I've helped out at other stores in the area and have come to realize our backroom is on the smaller side compared to others. Our one redeeming factor is a huge receiving area, which is where we cram a lot of stuff during and immediately after the unload.

4th quarter it's definitely not going to be working out the same. Hell, next month it might not work.

My GVP would come in non spot colors, then tell the gstl. Where is your lod? We did catch him on the 3 times, since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back