Archived The end of comp shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told the week of July 5th is the last week, also. Imared, assuming that's correct, I would think it should be done this week and next week if there is a list.

I was told the week of July 5th is the last week, also. Imared, assuming that's correct, I would think it should be done this week and next week if there is a list.

Thanks for the info. I'll continue to work my list and upload it this week, and check and see if there's a new list Friday. I'm scheduled in the store over the weekend, so let's see if anyone mentions it to me. I'm still furious!

My last comp shop will be due Friday 7/10. I'm guessing it's company wide.
Yay, me...back to cashier hours in place of comp shop. Ugggghhhhh

I gave up comp shop at the beginning of this year. When I was doing it I knew that I always had at least 20 hours for the week between that and prepping the ad. Now HQ has drastically reduced the estimated hours for ad prep. Looks like I'll have to actually hunt down a couple of extra hours if price change workload is light.

Comp Shop list did drop for the upcoming week of July 5th. Over 800 for mine.

I'm not for certain, but I think Acosta or Retaildata is taking it over. I've done a lot of merchandise rep work over the years and Acosta had a ton of job openings all the sudden a month ago. They carry scanners into stores and key prices for many companies.

Last edited:
I'm going to start confronting people now since I know I don't have to think about my coworkers.

I'm not for certain, but I think Acosta is taking it over. I've done a lot of merchandise rep work over the years and Acosta had a ton of job openings all the sudden a month ago. They carry scanners into stores and key prices for many companies.
That makes sense. Acosta is already in-store at Wally on a regular basis, so having them check a few prices would become part of their workload.

I worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the store alongside my ETL and STL. Nothing was mentioned about comp shop ending. Nada. I did get new lists for this week (over 800 items as well) so I am going to work them.

Can I just say I am very disappointed with the lack of communication with my leadership?

Maybe the issue between Wal Mart and Target is the reason that comp shop with team members is being discontinued. Surely both companies can feel less awkward about it and more comfortable if it was done via 3rd party. But thats too many hands in the cookie jar, in my opinion.

More likely payroll.
Probably cheaper to pay a third party who will have someone shopping several stores a week instead of budgeting hrs for a TM.
At least we don't have to tolerate their compers any more.
One used to pick up several perishable items in a cart then leave them when she was done, along with her half-consumed drink (on a shelf). She also would tell our guests that we no longer accepted coupons & other smack.

>>She also would tell our guests that we no longer accepted coupons & other smack.<<

Rat bastahds.

Meh, one day several TMs spotted her in HBA & CIHYFS'd her right out the door.

Sure payroll is part of it. I think it's mostly because the comp shop guns suck and are soooooo outdated. It's probably cheaper to pay someone that already had the equipment and technology, and are already in the store anyway. The cost of upgrading the equipment was probably more than hiring it outside target.

More likely payroll.
Probably cheaper to pay a third party who will have someone shopping several stores a week instead of budgeting hrs for a TM.
At least we don't have to tolerate their compers any more.
One used to pick up several perishable items in a cart then leave them when she was done, along with her half-consumed drink (on a shelf). She also would tell our guests that we no longer accepted coupons & other smack.
This has nothing to do with walmart comp shopping us. They will still continue.

We tolerated their compers because our STL & their store manager had a 'gentleman's agreement' to allow each other's compers work.
Despite that, our compers (me included) were frequently harassed.
Now that someone else is doing OUR compshop, we don't have to be as 'nice' to THEIR comper any more.

FYI: I still have not been notified that I'm not supposed to comp shop anymore. I was also able to upload new lists for next week so I am going to continue as usual.
Can we confirm that comp shop is ending company wide? Anyone?

The Comp Shop metric in myPerformance on Work Bench was no longer there this morning (Sunday 7/12). Don't even know how I did on that last shop.

My shop for 7/11 was finished when I downloaded it, but there was one for 7/17 that I partially completed and submitted. Ah well, not my problem anymore!

Still no notification for me. I saw my STL, ETL and ETL-HR all during my weekend shifts and nothing was said to me about it ending. I have lists this week. I'm working them and attempting to submit them. This is insane.

This is also my job and has been for the past 6 years. It's allowed me to work a flexible schedule with my little kids and it would have been nice if someone could have told me it's ending.

*bangs head against wall*

>>I got a list due the 17th but was told that the list for the 11th was the last week<<

I got a list due the 17th, also. I haven't had the opportunity yet to ask anyone about it will do that tomorrow when I go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back