Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

We don't rotate our throwers (there are 3, about to be 2) but they're huge tall dudes with massive arms and it doesn't seem to bother them. I'm glad they're content because it means I don't have to throw. That shit sucks ass unless it's during the winter when the trailer is freezing cold, then it's kinda sorta okay depending on trailer size and how many callouts we had. I would rather just catch my usual custom blocks on the line tho

Line pushing sucks too because it fucks up my shoulder

I well give you all my stores pallets and trash cages in exchange for allnew2 extra bailer
Lol. The reason we have extra was because we had the flex fill room in the back next to one of the bailer and the stl decided to add a room at guest service to make it more efficient for the guest service to get the order . We took all the bulk steal down and he said why not get an other bailer so he did

Yesterday for the first time we came clean with the new process since we had a tiny truck. Yesterday I was the last one on flow to leave and there were only 7 vehicles (3 of which were really small) left. Today we literally had 3 people on the line (scheduled that way, no call outs) and unload took 3 and a half hours and i worked 9 hours and when I left we still all of priority 1 wasn't done. There is no way that sales floor is going to push all of that by tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll be seeing it again when I get back on Thursday. Idk how we're going to sustain this during 4th quarter, the only reason we aren't multiple trucks behind is because they call people in on Sunday (our only no truck day for most of BTS) to catch up. We always get 7 trucks 4th quarter, so I'm expecting us to be 3-4 trucks behind most of the time once Q4 starts. We're getting a new flow TL soon too so they will be walking into a shit show.

ETL was almost an hour late yesterday so flow and cleaning crew was chilling outside while waiting for him to show up, it was funny but also ouch because I had to piss really bad

Me and cleaning crew got there first and I was like "¡¿DÓNDE ESTÁN LOS JEFES?!" and they were like "AYYY VATO NO SE" lmaooo

Also I'm real DONE with 6 trucks a week because it fucks up my plans to work 8 hours erryday, thankfully we get a break from that one next week. The "double" we got today was two trailers but they were only like 30% full so it could've easily fit in one with room to spare...DC pls

We're are about to roll out the process at our store. I don't understand how we're supposed to have time to zone our department when we don't have time for the push itself. Trying to zone even small sections each day, and zoning as you go eats up so much time. They say there's only one person scheduled to zone the store at night so pretty much nothing gets done. At my old job people woud start the zone a few hours before the store closed and a little after we closed, and the truck team wouldn't have to worry about it.

I never close so I don't know that process but I just think flow team has too much on their plate now.

So only 3 p1 and 2 p2 on the line? We start our new process in 2 weeks. I’m trying to get as much info so we get a few hiccups on our first day

We've just been through the new unload process last week. Ug. The line is crowded and, depending on which area/s happen to get lots of stock that day, some areas are just incredibly cramped. Not enough vehicles by a long shot, boxes getting stacked on the floor because we run out of pallets, flatbeds, u-boats, everything.
And I know for a fact that at least some of the non-flow TMs who finish what we don't have time to do don't know how to read a shelf tag or a pick label. Not sure they even know to pay attention to DPCIs. Fun times!

ETL was almost an hour late yesterday so flow and cleaning crew was chilling outside while waiting for him to show up, it was funny but also ouch because I had to piss really bad

Me and cleaning crew got there first and I was like "¡¿DÓNDE ESTÁN LOS JEFES?!" and they were like "AYYY VATO NO SE" lmaooo

Also I'm real DONE with 6 trucks a week because it fucks up my plans to work 8 hours erryday, thankfully we get a break from that one next week. The "double" we got today was two trailers but they were only like 30% full so it could've easily fit in one with room to spare...DC pls

That's a lot of punch corrections. At least you got an hour of pay for enjoying the company of your coworkers.

And the line of team members with their uboats filled with cardboard waiting to use the one and only bailer grows out to the parking lot.
This was so us today
Nobody used the bailer they just left u-boats of trash and 2 flow guys had to spend 3hrs making bails and cleaning because apparently even with a empty bailer nobody can throw there trash away and crush it

Back