Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Anyone else spending their entire shifts moving pallets around? #nopalletsonthefloor 😤
Yup! Right here! Spending at least the first 2 hours of my shift to move around pallets to get to the unsorted pallets I need to push to complete Trim A Tree. It's been like this for about 4 straight weeks! Feels like it'll never end. And on top of that...Just received a gazillion(over exaggerating) pallets of Amplified Gifting fixtures. FML!:mad:

Remember the people who authored and initiated modernization will be enjoying their holidays with family and friends. When they need health care they use their ample insurance and don’t sweat the small stuff like rent, car payments etc. Sorry to be so negative. Just hate to see hard working people get the tough end of it.

when Q4 is here, the unload with uboats is a giant tedious clusterfuck and we have fewer and fewer uboats available every day due to backstock piling up

View attachment 6559
Yes 1 uboat to unload the pfresh truck of 7 pallets sounds about right. Don’t take any uboats from the line cause they are unloading the 2nd truck for the next 4 hours and need that uboat for 3 boxes.

8 trucks that week as if one double truck didn't put sl breakout behind a week every single time. 3 doubles? 🤔

Does anyone remember shifting focus with pushing freight last year from truck? What I'm getting at is that before this rollout the focus was to get the front of the store pushed first(Beauty, Pharmacy,etc), then back (Toys, Sports, Baby, Rear seasonal) and last the middle (Decor, Bath Furniture). I'm using a basic layout as an example of course but when Q4 hit, the first and last switched places. Toys, Sports. Seasonal first all because of the shopping focus, items in the ad, etc. Can anyone out there tell me that this is a thing with this new roll out? Or is it business as usual with the Priority 1 and Priority 2 vehicles. Priority 1 done by the Unload TM's after truck unload and Priority 2 by the Hardlines TM's. Just curious. 🤔

You may want to check the board by the time clock, there is a blurb on their about if you don't get a break by the third hours they still have to give it to you and then pay an extra 15min.. You may want to talk to HR about that.. Cause that ain't right.. They should be sending people to break while others are still working, they are just fucking lazy and don't want to manage.
We used to wait until truck was unloaded to take a break, but now it takes way to dang long so our TL has us stagger them (as long as we've been working at least 2 hours). He lets us figure it out on our own though, because we're adults. Softlines sort has to have someone sorting at all times, so we've been staggering ours since inbound started.

Did anyone elses store allow the use of pallets for bulky stuff plastic,paper, furniture some transition
Just softlines, shoes, and some seasonal repacks. But those all get sorted onto vehicles later. Sometimes seasonal stays on pallets and gets pushed during a smart huddle, but only plastic pallets. We still use some flats, though we're only supposed to use u-boats, metras, and 2 tiers on the floor.

Im so glad that my flow team is a really tight knite group and if one of them calls out its guaranteed that the rest of team well give them shit for it when they get back.
I think we get a max of 2 call outs every other week. Even then they well still show up half dead from being sick and the store has to send them home because they didnt want to let the team down from them calling out
Our core flow team (almost all vets) are like this with a few exceptions, but a lot of them keep getting scheduled only one or two shifts a week because they're women over 55, so of course they can't handle lots of trucks 😑 but all the young men they keep hiring always ncns their way out of a job after wasting the training payroll, but somehow our STL doesn't learn.

We're so far behind that our STL actually has all of flow coming in at midnight for the next two weeks. 40 hours for allll.

So we're scanning the truck, actually bowling out, and waving through the store. I'm pretty excited about it. I know that we're just going to go back to the new process at the start of November, but it's nice to get a reprieve.
Can I transfer to your store?? Lol

Stores are given containers because of the amount of merchandise Target has purchased for this holiday season. That means freight will be incredibly heavy. Your STLs should have known that if they were one of the stores receiving containers and how many..
Are you telling me those are for freight?? Wtf has my leadership been thinking, letting our backroom become its own circle of hell? They're probably all freaking empty except for the amplified gifting one. Idk exactly how many we got though. I'm not asking the execs. Maybe the PPTL? She's nice and she might know...

My ETL was like, "they're supposed to be getting better about sorting them!" I gave him a Super Stink Eye and was like mmhmm, I'll believe that when I see it.
But apparently the playground stuff is like, supposed to be coming with the stationery. It used to come with softlines, which I suppose made even less sense.

Not as much anymore, but for a while (like, couple weeks back) we were. I'm so glad they knocked that crap off. We had so many pallets of it just hanging out in the steel. I dunno where they put all of it, surely it didn't all go out...
It used to come mixed with both for us.
This month, I've found in softlines repacks:
•peanut butter
•pepper
•Pokémon toys
•towel
•shoes (which are actually supposed to be separate)
•cosmetics/hair products
*I've also, in the past, found dead pens, empty tape rolls, and an empty Rockstar can 😑

It used to come mixed with both for us.
This month, I've found in softlines repacks:
•peanut butter
•pepper
•Pokémon toys
•towel
•shoes (which are actually supposed to be separate)
•cosmetics/hair products
*I've also, in the past, found dead pens, empty tape rolls, and an empty Rockstar can 😑
I had to laugh at the empty Rockstar can.

Back