Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition šŸ¤™

JESUS Saturdays in seasonal are fucking useless. They asked me to stay 8 hours but I fucked off right before the 6 hour mark even though I wanted the money because I was literally unable to get anything done due the huge crush of people. Every single aisle had at least 10 guests packed in. Ridiculous. Who couldā€™ve seen this coming?
Same here. It's a waste of time trying to push seasonal or toys in my store on a weekend morning.

JESUS Saturdays in seasonal are fucking useless. They asked me to stay 8 hours but I fucked off right before the 6 hour mark even though I wanted the money because I was literally unable to get anything done due the huge crush of people. Every single aisle had at least 10 guests packed in. Ridiculous. Who couldā€™ve seen this coming?
200w.gif

Not the brain trust at corporate, apparently.šŸ™„šŸ˜‚šŸ˜³

See, I'm at a low volume store, and we haven't had any double trucks, but we're still doing this...
Here too. I seriously think we have a potential safety hazard with the way we have to stack things so high and so close together. There have been times when it seems that if there was a reason to evacuate the backroom quickly, the TMs who break out soft lines might not get out.

This whole process is a hazard. I've said to fellow TM's several times that we are going to keep this dumb process until someone gets injured and sues which will be sooner rather than later. There is too much product for the amount of uboats we have so things are stacked dangerously high like the other day I had boxes from my uboat fall on a guest when I turned a corner. On top of that, we don't have the time/space to sort things correctly so we have to just park our uboat somewhere and leave it when we go put something in an aisle and come back to boxes on the floor because a guest moved it. Moving beyond the salesfloor we have so much transition backstock because nobody has the hours to set stuff so it either sits unsafely on overstacked pallets or is backstocked 4 high on the shelves in the back room which is dangerous to both put up there and get down. Like I literally checked today, our fire tunnel was full of pallets, our fire exit in the photo studio was covered by vehicles, our other two fire exits were blocked by someone putting their u-boat there to get it out of the way for guests. This whole thing just continues to be one giant clusterfuck.

This whole process is a hazard. I've said to fellow TM's several times that we are going to keep this dumb process until someone gets injured and sues which will be sooner rather than later. There is too much product for the amount of uboats we have so things are stacked dangerously high like the other day I had boxes from my uboat fall on a guest when I turned a corner. On top of that, we don't have the time/space to sort things correctly so we have to just park our uboat somewhere and leave it when we go put something in an aisle and come back to boxes on the floor because a guest moved it. Moving beyond the salesfloor we have so much transition backstock because nobody has the hours to set stuff so it either sits unsafely on overstacked pallets or is backstocked 4 high on the shelves in the back room which is dangerous to both put up there and get down. Like I literally checked today, our fire tunnel was full of pallets, our fire exit in the photo studio was covered by vehicles, our other two fire exits were blocked by someone putting their u-boat there to get it out of the way for guests. This whole thing just continues to be one giant clusterfuck.
Yeah, and one of our Metras are wobbly and the Wacos aren't secured down yet and I'm like "Yeah even these are a damn hazard" and we have a zbar that should have been thrown out when I started, but the PMT we had at the time "fixed" it.

It truly is. I'd post some pictures but I'm know for a FACT that some people from my store read this site. Our back room has to be shimmied through. On most days you literally can't walk through the aisles. It's pure insanity.

We have like 80 repack boxes just chilling in the back. God knows what's in them, some have been there for over a week. How is any of this cost effective?

Last edited:
We used ours to push the large rugs and carpets to the floor. It worked perfectly for that.

We're not entirely sure what vehicle to use now. They roll off flats unless you only have 2-3 on them, don't really fit on U-boats, and tubs tend to tip over pretty easily once you get a few of the larger rugs in them. We've opted for flats and take multiple trips to push them all out now. It's a massive waste of time.

I mean at my store

MAYBE IF PEOPLE PUSHED THEM PROPERLY WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PUSH SO MANY

Back